The polybismaleimides market is expected to gain tremendous growth prospects across the assessment period of 2017-2025 on the back of the rising demand for high tensile strength polymer particularly in sectors like aviation and defense. The growing demand in these sectors will invite considerable growth for the polybismaleimides market.
- The utilization of polybismaleimides for their properties like moisture absorption, great dimensional stability, and outstanding electrical properties will bring immense growth prospects during the tenure of 2017-2025. The feature of exceptional long-term creep resistance will further help improve the growth opportunities across the polybismaleimides market. Polybismaleimides are also used as a component resin for laminates, filament winding, friction pads, laminates, and bearings.
- Research and development activities are playing a vital role in the growth of the polybismaleimides market. The players are involved in intense research activities. They invest in these activities for deriving new formulations. These formulations help in generating good revenues for the polybismaleimides market, eventually increasing the growth rate.
- Strategic collaborations are crucial for the growth of the polybismaleimides market. The players indulge in joint ventures, partnerships, and mergers and acquisitions for increasing their influence across the polybismaleimides market. All these factors help in widening the growth opportunities across the polybismaleimides market.
Polybismaleimides are a type of functional imide polymer. They are also known as high performance thermosetting addition-type polyimide polymers. They are obtained by the Michael reaction, i.e., addition of diamine to the unsaturated sites of bismaleimides. They possess high tensile strength and rigidity at elevated temperature. Polybismaleimides also have excellent chemical resistance including alcohols, hydrocarbons, and halogenated solvents. Additionally, they have outstanding dimensional stability, excellent electrical properties, long-term heat and oxidative stability, and relatively low propensity for moisture absorption. These reactive polybismaleimides polymers require high curing temperatures of more than 150°C and long curing times. Polybismaleimides are utilized as a component resin for filament winding, laminates, friction pads, and bearings. Polybismaleimides can replace metal and other materials in many structural applications due to their high strength and excellent long-term creep resistance.
Commercially, polybismaleimides are manufactured by Huntsman Corporation, a leading chemical company, and they are often available either in dry powder resins or as liquid pastes form, which further contains imide structures either in the monomer or oligomer form. KERIMID and MATRIMID are two popular brands of polybismaleimides, by Huntsman Corporation, available in the market. They are widely used in electronic and aerospace industries as matrix resins, typically for high-performance (fiber-reinforced) composites. They are also employed as high performance adhesives.
The global polybismaleimides market is segmented based on product, technology, and application. Based on product, the market can be further segmented into powder-based and solution-based. In terms of application, the market can be segregated into aviation, automotive, military & defense, and electronics. Based on technology, the market can be further segmented into acetic anhydride dehydration method, closed-loop thermal dehydration method, and azeotropic distillation dehydration method.
Rising demand for high tensile strength polymer with high durability, typically in the aviation and military & defense sectors is driving the polybismaleimides market. Polybismaleimides are widely utilized as polymeric matrix in advanced carbon fiber composites for commercial and military aircrafts. An important component of polybismaleimides is bismaleimides, which require heavy processing, as they are not in their pure solid form. Therefore, to ease the processing with improved toughness and flexibility, they are often blended with reactive co-monomers such as vinyl and allyl compounds, allyl phenols, isocyanates, and aromatic amines. Low product awareness and volatility in raw material prices are a few factors that are likely to restrain the market during the forecast period. However, strong brand promotions and increasing investment in research & development by multinational companies are expected to boost the polybismaleimides market during the forecast period.
In terms of geography, the market for polybismaleimides can be segmented into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. In North America, the U.S. was the leading consumer of polybismaleimides in 2016 due to the increasing research & development in the field of high performance polymers for military and commercial aircrafts. Asia Pacific is expected to dominate the market in the near future due to rapid industrialization and high growth witnessed in the automotive sector. China is anticipated to be a major consumer of polybismaleimides during the forecast period. Countries such as India, South Korea, and Japan are witnessing strong growth in the region due to the rise in consumer spending on quality products and high demand for lightweight automobiles. The market in Europe is also projected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period due to expansion of the automobile industry in the region. The market in Middle East & Africa and Latin America is projected to expand at a sluggish pace as compared to developed economies due to low product awareness. However, strong brand promotions through retailers and dealers and capacity expansion by major companies are expected to boost the market in the both Latin America and Middle East & Africa region
Key players operating in the global polybismaleimides market are Huntsman Corporation, ABR Organics Limited, Evonik Industries, Hexcel Corporation, and SGL Group
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.