Water Treatment Industry to Offer Lucrative Potential to Global Polyacrylic Acid Market
- The global water treatment industry is projected to expand at a robust pace in the near future. Rapid urbanization in developing economies across the globe, amidst the scarcity of natural resources and climate change, is likely to lead to increasing demand for clean water between 2019 and 2027.
- Rise in the demand for water and wastewater treatment across municipal and industrial processes is anticipated to boost consumption of water-soluble polymers including polyacrylic acid in the near future
- In order to lessen the escalating costs associated with the procurement of fresh water and disposal of wastewater, large-sized players are anticipated to increase their efforts to reuse wastewater. These indicators are likely to present significant growth potential to the global polyacrylic acid market during the forecast period.
To clarify your doubts about the report on Polyacrylic Acid Market, Request a Brochure here
Key Drivers of Global Polyacrylic Acid Market
- The global personal care industry offers robust opportunities to polyacrylic acid manufacturers, with rise in the consumption of polyacrylic-acid-based superabsorbent polymers (SAPs) in baby diapers, feminine care products, and adult incontinence products
- According to the World Health Organization (WHO), the share of people aged 60 years or above in the global population would be almost double from 12% in 2015 to 22% in 2050. Factors such as improved health care standards, prolonged lifespan, and rise in aging population are estimated to propel the consumption of adult incontinence products during the forecast period. This, in turn, is driving the global polyacrylic acid market.
- Polyacrylic acid plays a vital role in the reduction of hydrate formation. The formation of hydrates in oil and gas pipelines has become a major challenge in oil and gas operations. The oil & gas industry is likely to be a prominent consumer of polyacrylic acid during the forecast period.
- Developing economies across the globe are facing strict environment-related regulations regarding effluent discharge from manufacturing facilities and the purity of potable water. Polyacrylic acid is readily dissoluble in water and it is anticipated to witness increase in the consumption for use in treating sewage water and wastewater effluents from 2019 to 2027.
- The global polyacrylic acid market is subjected to a stringent regulatory framework. For instance, use of polyacrylic acid for water treatment has to abide by the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA), Clean Water Act (CWA), etc. Polyacrylic acid is also continuously monitored by the International Agency for Research on Cancer and agencies of the World Health Organization (WHO). Sodium salt of polyacrylic acid is included in the list of food additives by the U.S. FDA (Food & Drug Administration).
Global Polyacrylic Acid Market, by Application
- Based on application, the global polyacrylic acid market can be divided into water treatment, personal care, detergents & cleaners, and others (including paints & coatings and pharmaceutical)
- The wastewater from oil and gas companies is toxic and, at times, carcinogenic. This enormous generation of wastewater is constrained with strict regulations on its disposal. This, in turn, is likely to boost the consumption of polyacrylic acid during the forecast period.
- Polyacrylic acid is readily soluble in water and it is emerging as a key ingredient in the treatment of water effluents. Stringent regulations regarding disposal of industrial effluents are likely to generate high demand for water treatment processes, thereby driving the demand for polyacrylic acid between 2019 and 2027.
Asia Pacific to be a Key Market for Polyacrylic Acid
- In terms of region, the global polyacrylic acid market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. Asia Pacific is projected to be a major consumer of polyacrylic acid throughout the forecast period.
- Factors such as increasing health care spending, rising infrastructure development activities, enhancing standards of living, presence of an organized retail sector, and increasing disposable income are expected to boost the personal care industry in Asia Pacific between 2019 and 2027.
- Growing population in Asia Pacific is anticipated to boost the demand for potable water in the region, thereby providing substantial growth opportunities to the polyacrylic acid market in the region in the near future
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Polyacrylic Acid Market, ask for a customized report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
Key manufacturers operating in the global polyacrylic acid market include:
- BASF SE
- Kemira OYJ
- NIPPON SHOKUBAI CO., LTD.
- KAO Corporation
- Lubrizol Corporation
- ACURO ORGANICS LIMITED
Global Polyacrylic Acid Market: Research Scope
Global Polyacrylic Acid Market, by Form
Global Polyacrylic Acid Market, by Application
- Water Treatment
- Personal Care
- Detergents & Cleaners
- Others (Including Paints & Coatings and Pharmaceutical)
Global Polyacrylic Acid Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.