Polished Concrete Market: Overview
- Polished concrete is replacing conventional floor coverings in the commercial arena across a wide range of sectors
- Demand for polished concrete has been rising, as it provides high esthetics. Furthermore, its sustainable profile, perceived ease of maintenance, and affordability are driving the demand for polished concrete.
Key Drivers of Polished Concrete Market
- The global construction industry to set to grow by 3.0% in 2019, after 3.5% in 2018 and 2.7% in 2017. The residential segment held major share of the global construction industry, driven by expansion in the residential sector in countries such as India, the UAE, China, and Indonesia. Construction volumes in the U.S rose by +3% y/y in 2018 and +2.1% y/y in 2019. Construction spending growth in 2018 was driven by expansion in non-residential and residential sectors.
- The construction industry in Asia Pacific is expected to expand rapidly during the forecast period. The largest construction industry in the world is in China. Residential construction in the country is expected to experience slow but stable growth in the near future.
- According to the French Builders Association FFB, the construction sector in France expanded by 5% in 2017, mainly driven by a surge in the new residential building sector
- GCC’s GDP is expected to increase by 1.9% in 2018 and 2.6% in 2019, and the building construction industry (US$ 69,023 Mn) is likely to constitute the largest market followed by energy (US$ 38,372 Mn) and infrastructure (US$ 17,601 Mn). The UAE, KSA, and Qatar remain the top three markets in the construction industry in the GCC.
- Growth in the construction industry is anticipated to drive the global polished concrete market
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
High Cost of Polished Concrete to Hamper Market
- Polished concrete is expensive. Sealing concrete costs more than total installation cost for carpet tile, while polishing can cost twice as much as sealing. A thin decorative layer applied to the surface of an existing slab made up of any combination of cement, sand, or other additives blended with polymer resin can double the cost of polished concrete. Concrete applications can bring a number of challenges, including poor acoustics, cracking, increased slip and fall risk, and discomfort underfoot. These factors are likely to hamper the polished concrete market.
Key Segment of Polished Concrete Market
- In terms of product, the sealers & crack fillers segment held major share of the global polished concrete market in 2018 due to the extensive usage of the product on rough, cracked, and damaged surfaces. Sealers & crack fillers are mostly used for densification process of concrete floors, as they help prevent moisture, water, oil, etc. from getting into the surface. They also improve the appearance of the floor.
- The conditioners segment is anticipated to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period due to compulsory usage of conditioners during the concrete floor polishing process
- In terms of end-use industry, residential is anticipated to constitute key share of the global polished concrete market during the forecast period. Polished concrete is widely used for densification & polishing of surfaces, as it add strengths to existing floors, and protects surface from deterioration and heavy loads.
- The institutional segment is expected to expand at a substantial pace in the near future due to the increase in construction of institutional buildings in most of the developing countries
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
North America Expected to Hold Large Share of Global Polished Concrete Market
- North America is expected to hold major share of the global polished concrete market during the forecast period due to increase in remodeling and renovation practices in the region, especially in the residential construction sector
- The market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at substantial pace during the forecast period due to growth in the construction sector in Japan, China, and India. Increase in establishment of manufacturing facilities in Asia Pacific, led by governmental support, is projected to fuel the polished concrete market in the near future.
Key Players in Polished Concrete Market
The global polished concrete market is highly fragmented, with the top manufacturers accounting for approximately 20% to 30%. Key players operating in the polished concrete market include:
- dmf concrete
- Pasadena Concreteworks, Inc.
- CHARLOTTES CONCRETE
- Fairfax Concrete LLC
- Polished Concrete Systems , Inc
Global Polished Concrete Market: Research Scope
Global Polished Concrete Market, by Product
- Densifiers & Hardeners
- Sealers & Crack Fillers
Global Polished Concrete Market, by End-use Industry
Global Polished Concrete Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.