Due to emergence of new payment technologies, chances of new security threats such as data breaches in the form of ransomware attacks and hacking are increasing. In order to overcome these issues, enterprises are continually looking for a payment landscape that constantly evolves. Point-to-point encryption (P2PE) is a security standard established by the PCI Security Standards Council to provide a payment security solution. Point-to-point encryption immediately converts the payment card (credit or debit card) information into an illegible code. When the card is first swiped, the data gets securely transferred to the payment processor before it can be decrypted and processed. This prevents hacking or fraud. It reduces the risk of theft of the customer’s data and allied costs.
The point-to-point encryption standard illustrates the requirements for a solution to be accepted as a payment card industry (PCI) compliant. A point-to-point encryption solution is a combination of hardware, software, applications, and processes. The provider of the point-to-point encryption payment solution must adhere to the PCI standards and get the solutions audited and validated from the PCI so as to assure enterprises that the data is secured.
Deployment of a PCI-listed point-to-point encryption solution involves more complexities and costs for encryption service providers. Hence, PCI has introduced NESA i.e. Non-listed Encryption Solutions Assessment, presenting a different approach to solution providers looking for PCI point-to-point encryption validation. NESA helps card brands and enterprises evaluate encryption solutions that do not wholly comply the PCI point-to-point encryption standard. Firms can decide whether to go with non-validated point-to-point encryption solutions or validated ones to secure their system as the implementation of a PCI point-to-point encryption solution is voluntary.
Increasing adoption of digital payment modes, rising requirement for adherence to PCI guidelines, and growing fraudulent activities on e-commerce are driving the point-to-point encryption payment market. On the other hand, lack of trust in online banking would restrain the oint-to-point encryption payment market during the forecast period.
North America is expected to be a dominant point-to-point encryption payment market across the globe from 2018 to 2026, primarily due to increasing activities of malware, phishing emails, etc. in the region. The market in Asia Pacific is likely to expand at the maximum CAGR during the forecast period, as the region mostly comprises developing economies such as India and China, which are witnessing rapid deployment of point-to-point encryption solutions.
Based on end-user industry, the point-to-point encryption payment market can be divided into retail, health care & utilities, pharmaceuticals, banking, financial services & insurance (BFSI), securities & insurance, small & medium businesses, food & beverages, and education. The retail industry is one of the top contributors to the point-to-point encryption payment market, as the industry is highly targeted by cyber-attackers, owing to the large number of monetary transactions made via payment-processing networks.
Mobile wallets are expected to gain traction during the forecast period among small and large businesses. Point-to-point encryption (P2PE) payment would remain a vital security technology in the field of mobiles as well. The P2PE solution providers can adopt a customer-centric approach and additionally tweak the solutions as and when required by the customer.
The oint-to-point encryption payment market is witnessing formation of several alliances. Companies are forming alliances so that they can provide PCI-validated point-to-point encryption payment solutions to customers. A few of these alliances are Bluefin Payment Systems and Pinnacle Corporation, Elavon and Santander, Bluefin Partners and Choice Ticketing, and Bluefin Payment Systems and Worldnet.
Some of the major players in the global point-to-point encryption payment market are Payworks Inc., ACI Worldwide, Inc., Bluefin Payment Systems, 3Delta Systems, Altech Card Solutions, BluePay Processing LLC, Cayan LLC, Coalfire, CyberSource Corporation, Elavon Inc., CardConnect, TokenEx, LLC Transaction Network Services (TNS) Inc. Global Payments Inc., Index, Arrow Payments, GEOBRIDGE Corporation, and Shift4 Payments, LLC.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the point-to-point encryption payment market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about oint-to-point encryption payment market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.