Plus Size Women's Clothing Market: Introduction
- Plus size women’s clothing refers to larger size clothing specifically for oversized women. Plus size clothing is recommended for several body types, and sizes can vary from country to country ((US) 12/ (UK) 16) etc. Nowadays companies are using alternate words for plus size such as super sizes, extended sizes, and curvy, which gains attention of customers effectively as it sounds less offensive than plus size or over size.
Key Drivers of the Global Plus Size Women's Clothing Market
- Rising number of overweight women and obesity are major factors increasing the adoption of apparel for larger women which boosts the plus size women's clothing market across the world.
- Booming fashion trend for plus size women and increasing body confidence of oversized women propels the adoption of larger apparel. Women are spending more due to changing fashion trends and various varieties of clothes for plus size, which drives the demand and growth of the plus size women’s clothing market.
Factor Restraining the Global Plus Size Women's Clothing Market
- Plus size clothing requires large investment; manufacturers experience high production cost for larger apparel and it has lower profit margins. This may restrict manufacturers from producing plus size clothing as they cannot gauge the exact consumer preference; hence, it may restrain the worldwide growth of the plus size women’s clothing market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Market in Asia Pacific to Expand Rapidly
- In terms of geography, the global plus size women's clothing market can be divided into five regions North America (NA), Europe (EU), Asia Pacific (APAC), Middle East & Africa (MEA), and South America (SA)
- North America country-level analysis features the U.S., Canada, and Rest of North America. Analysis and forecast of the plus size women's clothing market in Europe includes markets across the U.K., Germany, France, and Rest of Europe. Similarly, Asia Pacific includes India, China, Japan, and Rest of Asia Pacific. Middle East & Africa includes the plus size women's clothing market analysis and forecast of GCC countries, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa. The South America plus size women's clothing market is segmented into Brazil, and Rest of South America.
- North America accounted for largest share of the global plus size women's clothing market. Increasing preference for processed food and a physically inactive lifestyle are some of the major reasons for obesity among women in North America that results in increasing adoption of extended sizes of clothing.
- The plus size women's clothing market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand rapidly during the forecast period due to rising demand and women’s preference for plus size apparel and trending fashionable clothing which helps in boosting the growth of the plus size women’s clothing market in the region.
Key Players Operating in the Global Market
Retailers and designers in the plus size women's clothing market have analyzed the preference and demand for plus size apparel. Manufacturers are focused on launching different fashion trends and patterns in clothing. Several companies are working on product development to strengthen their product portfolio and taking initiatives to give a new vision to plus size apparel to encourage women and increase their confidence.
For instance, renaming of "Evans Outsize" to simply "Evans." In 2018, Marks and Spencer changed the term plus size with “curve” in order to make it more attractive to customers.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on plus size women's clothing Market, Request for a Sample
A few of the key players operating in the global plus size women's clothing market are:
- Forever21 Inc.
- Ralph Lauren
- H&M Hennes & Mauritz AB
- Hanesbrands Inc.
- FTF IP COMPANY, INC.
- Lucky Brand LLC
- Old Navy, LLC
- Torrid LLC
Global Plus Size Women's Clothing Market: Research Scope
Global Plus Size Women's Clothing Market, by Product Type
- Jeans and Trousers
- Tees and T-shirts
- Dresses and Jumpsuits
- Jackets and Outerwear
Global Plus Size Women's Clothing Market, by Pricing
Global Plus Size Women's Clothing Market, by Size
- 1 XL
- 2 XL
- 3 XL
- 4 XL
- Above 4 XL
Global Plus Size Women's Clothing Market, by Distribution Channel
- E-commerce Portal
- Company Owned Portal
- Large Format Stores
- Specialty Stores
- Others (Small Stores, etc.)
The report on the global plus size women's clothing market is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various factors on market segments and regions.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.