Plus Size Women's Clothing Market: Introduction
- Plus size women’s clothing refers to larger size clothing specifically for oversized women. Plus size clothing is recommended for several body types, and sizes can vary from country to country ((US) 12/ (UK) 16) etc. Nowadays companies are using alternate words for plus size such as super sizes, extended sizes, and curvy, which gains attention of customers effectively as it sounds less offensive than plus size or over size.
Key Drivers of the Global Plus Size Women's Clothing Market
- Rising number of overweight women and obesity are major factors increasing the adoption of apparel for larger women which boosts the plus size women's clothing market across the world.
- Booming fashion trend for plus size women and increasing body confidence of oversized women propels the adoption of larger apparel. Women are spending more due to changing fashion trends and various varieties of clothes for plus size, which drives the demand and growth of the plus size women’s clothing market.
Factor Restraining the Global Plus Size Women's Clothing Market
- Plus size clothing requires large investment; manufacturers experience high production cost for larger apparel and it has lower profit margins. This may restrict manufacturers from producing plus size clothing as they cannot gauge the exact consumer preference; hence, it may restrain the worldwide growth of the plus size women’s clothing market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Market in Asia Pacific to Expand Rapidly
- In terms of geography, the global plus size women's clothing market can be divided into five regions North America (NA), Europe (EU), Asia Pacific (APAC), Middle East & Africa (MEA), and South America (SA)
- North America country-level analysis features the U.S., Canada, and Rest of North America. Analysis and forecast of the plus size women's clothing market in Europe includes markets across the U.K., Germany, France, and Rest of Europe. Similarly, Asia Pacific includes India, China, Japan, and Rest of Asia Pacific. Middle East & Africa includes the plus size women's clothing market analysis and forecast of GCC countries, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa. The South America plus size women's clothing market is segmented into Brazil, and Rest of South America.
- North America accounted for largest share of the global plus size women's clothing market. Increasing preference for processed food and a physically inactive lifestyle are some of the major reasons for obesity among women in North America that results in increasing adoption of extended sizes of clothing.
- The plus size women's clothing market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand rapidly during the forecast period due to rising demand and women’s preference for plus size apparel and trending fashionable clothing which helps in boosting the growth of the plus size women’s clothing market in the region.
Key Players Operating in the Global Market
Retailers and designers in the plus size women's clothing market have analyzed the preference and demand for plus size apparel. Manufacturers are focused on launching different fashion trends and patterns in clothing. Several companies are working on product development to strengthen their product portfolio and taking initiatives to give a new vision to plus size apparel to encourage women and increase their confidence.
For instance, renaming of "Evans Outsize" to simply "Evans." In 2018, Marks and Spencer changed the term plus size with “curve” in order to make it more attractive to customers.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on plus size women's clothing Market, Request for a Sample
A few of the key players operating in the global plus size women's clothing market are:
- Forever21 Inc.
- Ralph Lauren
- H&M Hennes & Mauritz AB
- Hanesbrands Inc.
- FTF IP COMPANY, INC.
- Lucky Brand LLC
- Old Navy, LLC
- Torrid LLC
Global Plus Size Women's Clothing Market: Research Scope
Global Plus Size Women's Clothing Market, by Product Type
- Jeans and Trousers
- Tees and T-shirts
- Dresses and Jumpsuits
- Jackets and Outerwear
Global Plus Size Women's Clothing Market, by Pricing
Global Plus Size Women's Clothing Market, by Size
- 1 XL
- 2 XL
- 3 XL
- 4 XL
- Above 4 XL
Global Plus Size Women's Clothing Market, by Distribution Channel
- E-commerce Portal
- Company Owned Portal
- Large Format Stores
- Specialty Stores
- Others (Small Stores, etc.)
The report on the global plus size women's clothing market is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various factors on market segments and regions.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.