Global Player Tracking System Market: Snapshot
Player tracking technology has been gathering steam in sport science and for coaching, notably in football and basketball. Various products under the global player tracking system market are used for obtaining advanced statistical data collection pertaining to players’ field performance in real time. The drive stemmed from the considerable drive that the growing utility of advanced metrics that wearable generate. Analysts and coaches use these metrics to train the team.
Wearable devices and the analytics that they reveal are an automated as well as precise way for understanding on-field data, a key underpinning on the expansion of the global player tracking system market. New avenues in the market will also emerge from relentless advances being made in high-end computing solutions and recent advancement in wearable technology. Key applications that player tracking can be put to include fitness tracking, performance tracking, fraud detection, and player safety.
Global Player Tracking System Market: Notable Developments
In college basketball, player-tracking data has been traditionally obtained through in-venue hardware system. In many cases, this is infeasible or not cost-effective for some sports. Incorporating AI and computer vision technology in players tracking helps in comprehensive tracking of player data, using television broadcast, thus opening a new avenue in the global player tracking system market.
- A sports data and content company STATS has done just that, opening new possibility in the player tracking market. It has recently (April 2019) launched a player tracking technology for college basketball. Called AutoSTATS, the technology will help various stakeholders—teams, conferences, media, and broadcast outlets—to make in-depth player tracking. The data churned out helps them obtain full-season player tracking data through this technology. Moreover, the company has called it scalable and useful for any sports.
Growing numbers of scalable player tracking solutions in numerous countries bodes well for the global player tracking system market.
However, not any basketball team will be able to leverage the strength of AutoSTATS. The company has given this right to Orlando Magic, Orlando-based professional basketball team, as the latter has entered into an exclusive deal. This will help coaches prepare collegiate students for National Basketball Association.
- In another recent development, Sportlogiq, a Canada-based Software company has entered into a collaboration with National Hockey League (NHLs) which will enable player tracking systems to be installed on broadcast cameras. The partnership will allow Sportlogiq to allow the optical solution for the NHL’s puck and player tracking.
Global Player Tracking System Market: Key Growth Dynamics
An increasing drive for the player tracking market for applications in numerous sports stems from the need for advanced metrics for on-field data for training. Changing fan preferences has made favorable impact on the demand for recent player tracking solutions. The growing popularity of televised sporting events is also a significant underpinning for the evolution of the player tracking market. Rising demand for real-time data access of data with the aim of improving athlete performance is propelling the attractiveness of player tracking solutions.
Ceaseless advances being witnessed in sports broadcasting in various countries across the world is imparting a robust stride to the global player tracking system market. In addition, changing time-honored ways for viewing a sports has been creating a new avenue in sports tracking market.
The prospects of the sports tracking market is hampered by budget constraints in adopting these solutions in cost-sensitive markets. Paucity of professional expertise to analyze advanced metrics for player tracking is another big constraint. Nevertheless, the advent of high-end computing solutions for player tracking technology bodes well for the market.
Global Player Tracking System Market: Regional Assessment
On the regional front, developed regions will contribute sizable revenues to the global player tracking system market. This is largely due to the fact that these regions are early adopters of the player tracking technology. In particular, North America is expected to play increasingly vital role in bolstering the dynamics of the global player tracking system market. The growth is attributed in large part to the substantial spending of various national sports leagues on adopting innovative ways of training and coaching the players.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.