Plastic Pails Market: Overview
Manufacturers across industries are gradually shifting to cheaper yet efficient packaging solution to overcome bulk packaging challenges. The shift from the manufacturing of metal to plastic packaging solutions has entirely changed the market landscape over the last two decades. Thus, novel packaging solutions such as plastic pails, which are lighter in weight as well as comparatively cost-effective, play a defining role in overcoming these challenges. Plastic pails are cylinder-shaped containers, usually with a capacity of about 3 liters to 50 liters, primarily used for the storage of liquid/powder products.
Plastic Pails Market: Dynamics
The increasing demand from food & beverage ingredients, oil lubricants and chemical sectors is expected to be the key driving factor for the global plastic pails market. Globally, industrial chemical manufacturers are inclined towards the use of cost-effective and lightweight yet long-lasting packaging solutions for bulk liquid packaging requirements. Plastic pails meet these requirements and thus, find foremost application in the industrial chemical sector. Additionally, the growing demand for dyes, coating, paints, adhesives, etc. across varied geographies is playing a pivotal role in propelling the demand for plastic pails.
Fluctuation of raw material (polymer) prices for the manufacturing of plastic pails is anticipated to be a prime restraining factor for the global plastic pails market growth.
Plastic Pails Market: Company Developments and Industry-Level Trends
Key market participants across the globe that operate in the bulk industrial packaging market are focusing on acquisitions and collaborations with local/regional unorganized players that provide bulk packaging products.
- In October 2018, Schoeller Allibert Group B.V., a Europe-based prominent manufacturer of returnable plastic packaging for material handling, inaugurated a new a state-of-the-art production plant in Beringen, Belgium
- In 2010, The Mauser Group announced the takeover of the business of American Container Net, Inc. (ACN) along with its wholly-owned subsidiary, Strawser Steel Drum of Ohio, Ltd. (SSD)
Plastic Pails Market: Segmentation
The global plastic pails market can be segmented on the basis of top/head type, size/capacity, closure, and the end use.
The global plastic pails market can be segmented on the basis of top/head type into:
- Open top/head plastic pails
- Closed top/head plastic pails
The global plastic pails market can be segmented on the basis of size/capacity into:
- Up to 3 Liters
- Between 3 and 5 Liters
- Between 5 and 10 Liters
- Between 10 and 20 Liters
- Between 20 and 50 Liters
- 50 Liters and above
The global plastic pails market can be segmented on the basis of end use industry served into:
- Paints & coatings
- Industrial chemicals
- Inks, dyes and pigments
- Petroleum and lubricants
- Cleaning solvents
- Polymers, resins & adhesives
- Food & beverage ingredients
- Agriculture & allied industry (fertilizers / pesticides)
- Other industrial end use
Plastic Pails Market: Regional Outlook
The global plastic pails market has been segmented into seven regions, namely Latin America, North America, Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Middle East and Africa (MEA), Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (APEJ) and Japan.
As of 2017, Asia Pacific was a prominent market for plastic pails, accounting for above 50% of the global production of industrial bulk chemicals. Moreover, with countries such as China & India in Asia Pacific exhibiting lucrative growth opportunities in terms of industrial chemical packaging, the demand for plastic pails is expected to witness substantial growth over the forecast period.
Plastic Pails Market: Market Participants
Some of the key players currently operating in the global plastic pails market are:
- Greif, Inc.
- Mauser Group B.V.
- Schutz Container Systems, Inc.
- Berry Plastics Corporation
- Time Technoplast Ltd.
- BASCO, Inc.
- FDL Packaging Group
- Kay Industries (Pty) Ltd.
- The Cary Company
- Mitchell Container Services, Inc
- Chicago Steel Container Corp.
- BWAY Corporation
- Great Western Containers Inc.
- North Coast Container Corp.
- Industrial Container Services, Inc.
- M&M Industries, Inc.
- Chicago Steel Container Corporation
- Myers Container, LLC
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.