Plastic Pails Market: Overview
Manufacturers across industries are gradually shifting to cheaper yet efficient packaging solution to overcome bulk packaging challenges. The shift from the manufacturing of metal to plastic packaging solutions has entirely changed the market landscape over the last two decades. Thus, novel packaging solutions such as plastic pails, which are lighter in weight as well as comparatively cost-effective, play a defining role in overcoming these challenges. Plastic pails are cylinder-shaped containers, usually with a capacity of about 3 liters to 50 liters, primarily used for the storage of liquid/powder products.
Plastic Pails Market: Dynamics
The increasing demand from food & beverage ingredients, oil lubricants and chemical sectors is expected to be the key driving factor for the global plastic pails market. Globally, industrial chemical manufacturers are inclined towards the use of cost-effective and lightweight yet long-lasting packaging solutions for bulk liquid packaging requirements. Plastic pails meet these requirements and thus, find foremost application in the industrial chemical sector. Additionally, the growing demand for dyes, coating, paints, adhesives, etc. across varied geographies is playing a pivotal role in propelling the demand for plastic pails.
Fluctuation of raw material (polymer) prices for the manufacturing of plastic pails is anticipated to be a prime restraining factor for the global plastic pails market growth.
Plastic Pails Market: Company Developments and Industry-Level Trends
Key market participants across the globe that operate in the bulk industrial packaging market are focusing on acquisitions and collaborations with local/regional unorganized players that provide bulk packaging products.
- In October 2018, Schoeller Allibert Group B.V., a Europe-based prominent manufacturer of returnable plastic packaging for material handling, inaugurated a new a state-of-the-art production plant in Beringen, Belgium
- In 2010, The Mauser Group announced the takeover of the business of American Container Net, Inc. (ACN) along with its wholly-owned subsidiary, Strawser Steel Drum of Ohio, Ltd. (SSD)
Plastic Pails Market: Segmentation
The global plastic pails market can be segmented on the basis of top/head type, size/capacity, closure, and the end use.
The global plastic pails market can be segmented on the basis of top/head type into:
- Open top/head plastic pails
- Closed top/head plastic pails
The global plastic pails market can be segmented on the basis of size/capacity into:
- Up to 3 Liters
- Between 3 and 5 Liters
- Between 5 and 10 Liters
- Between 10 and 20 Liters
- Between 20 and 50 Liters
- 50 Liters and above
The global plastic pails market can be segmented on the basis of end use industry served into:
- Paints & coatings
- Industrial chemicals
- Inks, dyes and pigments
- Petroleum and lubricants
- Cleaning solvents
- Polymers, resins & adhesives
- Food & beverage ingredients
- Agriculture & allied industry (fertilizers / pesticides)
- Other industrial end use
Plastic Pails Market: Regional Outlook
The global plastic pails market has been segmented into seven regions, namely Latin America, North America, Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Middle East and Africa (MEA), Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (APEJ) and Japan.
As of 2017, Asia Pacific was a prominent market for plastic pails, accounting for above 50% of the global production of industrial bulk chemicals. Moreover, with countries such as China & India in Asia Pacific exhibiting lucrative growth opportunities in terms of industrial chemical packaging, the demand for plastic pails is expected to witness substantial growth over the forecast period.
Plastic Pails Market: Market Participants
Some of the key players currently operating in the global plastic pails market are:
- Greif, Inc.
- Mauser Group B.V.
- Schutz Container Systems, Inc.
- Berry Plastics Corporation
- Time Technoplast Ltd.
- BASCO, Inc.
- FDL Packaging Group
- Kay Industries (Pty) Ltd.
- The Cary Company
- Mitchell Container Services, Inc
- Chicago Steel Container Corp.
- BWAY Corporation
- Great Western Containers Inc.
- North Coast Container Corp.
- Industrial Container Services, Inc.
- M&M Industries, Inc.
- Chicago Steel Container Corporation
- Myers Container, LLC
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.