Plastic Lumber Market: Overview
- Plastic lumber is a type of timber manufactured with the use of recycled or virgin plastic. It does not include wood fiber or flour. It is manufactured from 100% plastic material.
- Plastic lumber is a sustainable, non-toxic, and environment-friendly substitute to conventional lumber. Advantages of plastic lumber include corrosion resistance, moisture resistance, and no color fading and material degradation. It can be easily cleaned with soap and water.
- Plastic lumber requires less or no maintenance. It is long lasting; resistant to salt & acids; and unaffected by marine parasites, termites, rodents, or any other insects. Furthermore, it does not release any toxins into the marine or soil ecology.
- Plastic lumber is used in a wide range of applications such as fencing, decking, molding, windows, doors, and landscaping products
Key Drivers of Plastic Lumber Market
- The global plastic lumber market is anticipated to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period
- Rise in applications of plastic lumber in construction activities, increase in usage of plastic lumber in decking applications, and growth in residential renovation activities are key factors driving the global plastic lumber market
- Ongoing research and technologic advancements to develop high-performance applications and advanced technologies are augmenting the demand for plastic lumber in various applications
- Rapid urbanization and industrialization in emerging economies is expected to drive the construction industry. This, in turn, is anticipated to boost the demand for plastic lumber.
- Higher prices of plastic lumber compared to those of conventional wood lumber is estimated to hamper the global plastic lumber market
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report here
Recycled Plastic Segment to Offer Lucrative Opportunities for Global Plastic Lumber Market
- Based on raw material, the global plastic lumber market can be divided into virgin plastic, recycled plastic, and composite
- Recycled plastic is projected to be the dominant segment of the global plastic lumber market during the forecast period. It is likely to be followed by composite and virgin plastic segments.
- Recycled plastic is highly preferred raw material for plastic lumber due to its low price than other raw materials. Recycled plastic used in lumber manufacturing is a blend of post-consumer or post-industrial regrind, which usually gets disposed of in landfills.
Global Plastic Lumber Market, by Resin Type
- Based on resin type, the global plastic lumber market can be segregated into polyethylene, polyvinyl chloride (PVC), polystyrene (PS), and others
- Polyethylene is anticipated to be the dominant segment of the global plastic lumber market during the forecast period, followed by polyvinyl chloride (PVC), polystyrene (PS), and others
- Polyethylene resin based plastic lumber is one of the highly common plastic lumbers. It is highly durable, moldable, and a strong material.
Significant Opportunities for Plastic Lumber in Decking Application
- Based on application, the global plastic lumber market can be classified into decking; molding & trim; landscaping & outdoor products; and others
- Decking is anticipated to be the dominant segment of the global plastic lumber market during the forecast period. It is estimated to be followed by molding & trim; landscaping & outdoor products; and others segments.
- The molding & trim segment is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. Plastic lumbers are easy to shape compared to conventional lumber and engineered wood.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report here
North America to be Key Region of Plastic Lumber Market
- In terms of region, the global plastic lumber market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is expected to be the major region of the plastic lumber market during the forecast period, led by the presence of prominent plastic lumber manufacturers and increase in demand for decking and other applications
- The market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period owing to the rise in infrastructure development and growth in residential construction in countries such as China and India
Key Manufacturers in Market
The market was fragmented in 2018. Expansion, new product launch, partnership, and new technology development are the key strategies executed by key players to increase their share in the global plastic lumber market.
Key manufacturers operating in the global plastic lumber market include:
- Advanced Environmental Recycling Technologies Inc.
- Aeolian Enterprises Inc.
- American Recycled Plastic Inc.
- Bedford Technology LLC
- Century-Board USA, LLC
- Engineered Plastic Systems LLC
- Genova Products Inc.
- KWK Plastic Lumber Co., Ltd.
- Tangent Technologies, LLC
- Trex Company, Inc.
Global Plastic Lumber Market: Research Scope
Global Plastic Lumber Market, by Raw Material
- Virgin Plastic
- Recycled Plastic
Global Plastic Lumber Market, by Resin Type
- Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC)
- Polystyrene (PS)
Global Plastic Lumber Market, by Application
- Molding & Trim
- Landscaping & Outdoor Products
- Others (windows, doors, fencing, etc.)
Global Plastic Lumber Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.