Global Plastic Healthcare Packaging Market: An Overview
Plastic healthcare packaging market is witnessing a steady period of prosperity and innovation in recent times. Packaging is a backbone for manufacturing industries around the world. Additionally, it represents a special importance in healthcare as it can be life-saving for patients and creates robust new brands. Material wise, packaging solutions are divided into primary, secondary, and tertiary packaging solutions. Primary packaging includes labels, bottles, cap liner, cap and others such as ampoules, vials, tubes, blisters, inhalers, and syringes. Other than that, secondary packaging system consist of pallets, corrugated shippers, and cartoons.
Plastic healthcare packaging market consists of a wide range of products and services. The main goal of players in the plastic healthcare packaging market is delivering drugs, devices, tools, and other pharmaceutical products. Due to growing innovation in materials and their cost-effectiveness, the plastic healthcare packaging market is expected to witness a robust period of growth in the near future.
Plastic Healthcare Packaging Market: Notable Developments
- Tulipan, a pharmaceutical company based in Argentina has unveiled an innovative packaging solution for combating growing cases of HIV. The company has launched a new condom in the market, which requires being pressed by four hands in order to be opened. The packaging contents several buttons which both people in a partnership consensually have to agree to open. Product innovations like these are expected to gain increased attention and promise healthy prospects for the plastic healthcare packaging market.
- The Institute of Packaging Professionals (IoPP) has announced a collaboration with the PMMI. The collaboration is expected to drive new professionals towards the medical field and provide greater access to new opportunities for current members. Additionally, it would also provide members in the field with nee networking and educational opportunities. It is likely to reduce costs and drive more efficiency in the plastic healthcare packaging market.
Plastic Healthcare Packaging Market: Key Trends
Plastic healthcare packaging market is witnessing a growing demand for the pharamaceutical industry. the pharmaceutical industry is backed into a corner due to expiring patents and growing usage of generic drugs, especially in emerging markets. On the other hand, the industry is also witnessing tremendous cost-saving opportunities due to drug manufacturing and production outsourcing. In order to curb competition and gain a competitive edge, large investments in research and development are pouring in the pharmaceutical industry. This has resulted in record drug patent FDA approval in recent times. The new drugs and their promotional and packaging strategies are expected to provide a major impetus to the plastic healthcare packaging market. Additionally, aging population in developing countries and growing lifestyle diseases such as diabetes and cancer among others are expected to drive major growth for the plastic healthcare packaging market.
Plastic Healthcare Packaging Market: Regional Outlook
The plastic healthcare packaging market is divided into main regions including North America, Europe, Latin America, Asia Pacific and Middle East and Africa. Among these, the North America region is expected to register considerable revenue growth due to increasing FDA approvals and a rapidly aging population. Growing awareness about needs for reimbursement mechanism is also expected to fuel the growth of the plastic healthcare packaging market.
On the other hand, Asia Pacific region is expected to register the highest CAGR during the forecast period. Countries like China and India are becoming a hub for a wide variety of pharmaceutical manufacturing activities. This is expected to provide a major impetus for growth for the plastic healthcare packaging market.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.