Global Plastic Food Container Market
- A plastic food container as the name implies, is a plastic container specifically designed to hold food products, both solid and liquid.
- The plastic material by which the container is made should not react with the food products stored and the food should remain safe for consumption. The plastic used must also be of recyclable nature. In general, a plastic food container is rigid in nature to ensure that it is crush and shatter resistant.
Global Plastic Food Container Market: Dynamics
Rise in market size of the dairy sector increasing the sale of plastic food containers
Increase in sale of rigid plastic food containers across the world is due to rise in demand for dairy products. Rigid plastic food containers are shatter and crush resistant, are cheap, lightweight, and have a flexible shape. These factors are driving their demand. Dairy products such as yogurt, cheese, butter, and sour cream are packaged in rigid plastic food containers. In the overall U.S. rigid plastic food containers market, the dairy segment is the largest consumer of rigid plastic food containers. Thus, growth in the dairy industry in the U.S. and other North American countries is increasing the sale of plastic food containers across the region.
Rise in food packaging across the world
Global rise in millennial population, increase in disposable income, changing lifestyle etc. are increasing the demand for packaged food across the globe. Innovation in packaging is being introduced as millennial prefer to consume packaged foods on the go. Food and beverage packaging is crucial as the product packaged most not get contaminated. In the U.S., all food packaged must comply with FDA (Food and Drug Administration) regulations before they are sold in the U.S. Thus, rise in food packaging is increasing the demand for plastic food containers.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Plastic Food Container Market: Regional Analysis
Asia Pacific to hold prominent share of the global plastic food container market
- Based on geography, the global plastic food container market can be bifurcated into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- The market in North America is broken down and analyzed at country-level, which includes the U.S., Canada, and Rest of North America. Similarly, the plastic food container market in Europe can be divided into the following country levels: Germany, France, the U.K., and Rest of Europe. The plastic food container market in Asia Pacific includes China, India, Japan, and Rest of Asia Pacific. The analysis of the plastic food container market in Middle East & Africa includes South Africa, GCC countries, and Rest of Middle East & Africa. The plastic food container market in South America can be segmented into Brazil and Rest of South America.
- The market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at the fastest rate during the forecast period.
Global Plastic Food Container Market: Competitive Landscape
The global plastic food container market consists of a large number of players operating in more than one region. Competition is intense among global and regional players. A few key players operating in the global plastic food container market are listed below:
- Bemis Company, Inc.
- Berry Global
- Amcor plc.
- Plastipak Holdings, Inc.
- Resilux NV
- Greiner Packaging International
- Pactiv LLC
- SILGAN Plastic Food Containers
- Winpak Ltd.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape , ask for a customized report
Global Plastic Food Container Market: Segmentation
The global plastic food container market can be segmented based on:
- Distribution Channel
Global Plastic Food Container Market, by Material
- Others (HDPE, LDPE, etc.)
Global Plastic Food Container Market, by End-use
- Food and Beverage
- Others (Industrial, Household, etc.)
Global Plastic Food Container Market, by Distribution Channel
The report on the global plastic food container market is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by market analysts, and inputs from market experts and market participants across the value chain. The report furnishes deep analysis and insights of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness of each segment. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various factors on segments of the global plastic food container market across regions.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.