The demand within the global plant activators market is rising at a sturdy pace in recent times. Advancements in botany have been at the forefront of growth within this market, and scientists have shown immense zeal to study more about such activators. The protective action of plant activators has been the key reason behind their popularity across several industries. Cultivation of specialised breeds of plants follows a highly customized route in order to ensure proper nourishment of plants. The use of plant activators has, therefore, become a common practice in plant farming. Moreover, the agricultural sector has become open to the idea of using protective chemicals that can avert attacks on crops by pathogens. This factor has played an underhanded part in the growth of the plant activators market.
- Growing number of plant nurseries has become a salient trend across several region. This factor, coupled with the availability of new technologies for spraying chemicals and activators, has given a thrust to market growth. It is expected that the leading vendors in the plant activators market would capitalize on the growing popularity of protective chemicals and pesticides.
- Home-grown plants have also become a known name in the marketplace. The breeding and nourishment of specialised breeds in enclosed spaces falls under the category of indoor farming. This trend is gradually picking space, and is expected to drive sales within the global plant activators market.
Gardening activities across residential lawns, public parks, and educational institutes involve the use of the latest plantation technologies. Therefore, plant activators are extensively used across the gardens of the aforementioned premises. This factor has also become a launch pad for growth and maturity within the global plant activators market.
Plant Activators Market: Introduction
Various microbes attack and threaten the survival of plants. Most microbes are rendered harmless due to the passive and active resistance employed by plants. In resistant cultivar, resistance system of host is triggered on time to defeat the development of the pathogen, resulting in no disease or decreased disease incidence. Susceptible cultivars, despite the presence of general defense genes, cannot block the development of pathogens and diseases, as these are triggered either late or in lower amount than required. However, susceptible cultivars can be made resistant by triggering their defense response system through the usage of certain biotic or abiotic inducers. Plant activators are compounds that activate plant resistance reactions against pathogens. They trigger defense genes in plants by giving signal via signal transduction pathway reconciled by salicylic acid. A compound is considered ‘plant activator’ when a compound’s agent or metabolites does not have any direct antifungal activity on the plant. Plant activators offer resistance from a wide range of pathogens by triggering systematic acquired resistance. Plant activators do not possess any pesticidal or antibiotic activity; therefore, they have minimal effect on human health.
Plant Activators Market: Segmentation
The plant activators market can be segmented based on source, crop type, form, application, and region. In terms of source, the market can be bifurcated into chemical and biological. The biological segment is expected to expand at a faster rate during the forecast period. Factors such as increase in a price of new developing pesticides, increase in level of insect & weed resistance to chemicals, and implementation of stringent regulations on chemical usage are driving the segment. Greater efficacy, lower residue level, and environment and crop safety are also fueling the biological segment. Based on crop type, the plant activators market can be divided into fruits & vegetables, cereals & grains, oilseeds & pulses, and turf & ornamentals. The fruits & vegetables segment is anticipated to dominate the plant activators market during forecast period. Increase in health awareness among end-users; and rise in disposable income, which leads to growth in consumption of a wide range of fruits and vegetables, are factors driving the segment.
In terms of form, the plant activators market can be segregated into solutions, water dispersible, and wettable powders. The solutions segment is estimated to dominate the plant activators market during the forecast period. Solutions are mostly preferred as they do not lead to dust formation, toxicity, or flammability. Based on application, the plant activators market can be classified into foliar spray, soil treatment, and others. Of these, foliar spray is easy to use and offers high level of effectiveness. Thus, the foliar spray segment is estimated to expand at faster pace in the near future.
Plant Activators Market: Regional Outlook
In terms of region, the plant activators market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. Consumers are more health concerns in North America and Europe. They are increasingly opting for more healthier and nutritious diet. Agricultural land is decreasing in Europe. Henceforth Europe has increasing importance towards agriculture land; its efficiency or productivity. Thus, the plant activators market in Europe is projected to expand at a faster pace. The region is expected to dominate the global plant activators market. Agriculture is the major industry in countries such as India in Asia Pacific. People are adopting technological advancement in agriculture in the region. This is driving the usage of plant activators in the region. Thus, the plant activators market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand during the forecast period.
Plant Activators Market: Key Players
Key players operating in the global plant activators market include Syngenta, Plant health care, Arysta Lifescience, Nihon Nohyaku Co.Ltd., Certis, Gowan, NutriAg, Eagle Plant Protect Pvt. Ltd., Meiji Selka, and Isagro.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.