Pipeline Safety: Introduction
- Pipeline safety refers to the set of responsibilities that apply to all pipelines. Integration of pipeline safety into the pipeline infrastructure helps monitor, control, and analyze the main network connectivity.
- Pipeline is a safe and efficient way to transport energy products such as natural gas, crude oil, and other fuels in several end-user industries such as oil & gas, chemical, petrochemical, and refinery. Despite being the safest option to transport energy products, several risks are associated with the transportation of oil and gas through pipelines over long distances.
- Pipeline operators employ several monitoring and control solutions to enhance safety and minimize the risks associated with the transportation of oil and gas through pipelines. Increase in need to control and monitor fluid dynamics is expected to boost the demand for pipeline safety during the forecast period.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Pipeline Safety Market
- Rise in investment in development of gas pipeline infrastructure and increase in number of oil and gas leakage accidents are anticipated to drive the pipeline safety market during the forecast period. Leakage of oil or gas due to pipeline failure leads to irreversible damages such as significant environmental pollution and financial loss. This is further driving the pipeline safety market.
- Consumption of petroleum products has been increasing significantly across the globe due to rapid industrialization and urbanization. Constant rise in demand for refined products in several end-use industries has boosted investments in the expansion of petroleum product pipeline. Expansion of pipeline networks has boosted the demand for pipeline safety. This, in turn, is estimated to propel the pipeline safety market during the forecast period. Pipeline companies are employing several sophisticated monitoring technologies such as aerial & ground surveillance, video surveillance, and sensors for pipeline monitoring.
- High upfront cost associated with installation of pipeline monitoring system is anticipated to hamper the global pipeline safety market during the forecast period
Onshore Application Segment to Hold Major Share of Global Market
- The global pipeline safety market can be segmented based on solution, application, and region.
- In terms of solution, the global pipeline safety market can be divided into pipeline monitoring system, industrial control system security, perimeter intrusion detection, secure communication, and SCADA.
- Based on application, the global pipeline safety market can be bifurcated into onshore and offshore. The onshore segment held major share of the global pipeline safety market in 2020 due to the increase in investment in development of pipeline infrastructure in onshore locations.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
Rapid transmission of the COVID-19 disease is significantly impacting the demand for several energy products such as crude oil, diesel, and petrol. Significant variation in demand for energy products leads to decline in requirement of pipeline infrastructure. Demand for pipeline safety is directly linked with investments in development of pipeline infrastructure. Thus, significant decline in investment in pipeline infrastructure is anticipated to hamper the demand for pipeline safety.
Asia Pacific Pipeline Safety Market to Expand Rapidly
- In terms of region, the global pipeline safety market can be segregated into Middle East & Africa, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and North America
- The pipeline safety market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period owing to the surge in investment in development of oil and gas pipeline infrastructure along with rise in security concern over pipeline attacks in the region
- The pipeline safety market in Europe is projected to expand during the forecast period due to increase in adoption of pipeline monitoring solutions across several end-user industries such as, oil & gas, chemical, refineries, and water treatment in the region
- The market in North America is anticipated to expand at a moderate CAGR during the forecast period due to increase in concerns regarding pipeline safety in end-use industries such as power generation and chemical industries owing to stringent government regulations regarding hydrocarbon leakages
- The pipeline safety market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is projected to expand at a sluggish pace during the forecast period due to growth in requirement for better distribution of water and power in urban as well as rural areas in these regions
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Leading companies operating in the global pipeline safety market include:
- Honeywell International Inc
- Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd
- AVEVA Group plc
- Siemens AG
- Schneider Electric
- Baker Hughes
Global Pipeline Safety Market: Research Scope
Global Pipeline Safety Market, by Application
Global Pipeline Safety Market, by Solution
- Pipeline Monitoring System
- Industrial Control System Security
- Perimeter Intrusion Detection
- Secure Communication
Global Pipeline Safety Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.