Global PID Controller Market: Introduction
- A PID controller is a feedback mechanism for a control loop, which calculates an error value as the difference between a set point and a calculated system parameter. PID stands for proportional–integral–derivative. PID controllers are primarily used for pressure control, temperature control, flow control, and motion control.
- Continuous technological innovations have led to introduction of smart PID controllers and hybrid PID controllers. Both these are more powerful and economical than the conventional PID controllers. In temperature control functions, hybrid PID controllers are being adopted increasingly. In oil & gas and food & beverages sectors, PID controllers are largely used.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global PID Controller Market
- The global PID controller market is expected to expand rapidly during the forecast period, owing to growing adoption of and technological innovations in PID controllers. Less power consumption and low costs associated with introduction of hybrid PID controllers are augmenting the demand for these controllers.
- Increased usage of PID controllers in the food & beverages industry is expected to drive the global market for PID controllers during the forecast period
- In addition to these factors, PID controllers gained more traction compared to programmable logic controller (PLC) systems due to their lower cost
- Manufacturing facilities worldwide are increasingly using PID controllers to help in calculating the error value and provide actionable data points to improve the overall process efficiency. Increase in the efficiency helps lower energy consumption levels and improve the execution time of the system. This, in turn, reduces operating costs. This results in extensive use of PID controllers in end-user industries, which drives the global PID controller market.
- A key factor that hampers the global PID controller market is the increasing demand for and adoption of PLC devices led by higher loop-processing capacity of PLC devices and multiple operational capability of an industrial facility. Thus, growing adoption of PLC devices limits the global PID controller market.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Temperature Controller Segment has Significant Growth Potential
- Based on type, the global PID controller market can be divided into temperature controller, motion controller, flow controller, and pressure controller
- Temperature controller is projected to be the dominating segment of the global market during the forecast period. In the oil & gas sector, temperature controllers are commonly used.
- Increasing usage of PID temperature controllers in industries such as chemical and food & beverages is projected to be a major factor driving the temperature controller segment in the next few years
Markets in Europe and Middle East & Africa to Witness Considerable Growth
- In terms of region, the global PID controller market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Middle East & Africa is expected to dominate the global PID controller market during the forecast period, owing to presence of a large number of manufacturers of PID controllers in the region
- Growing usage of PID controllers in oil & gas, food & beverages, and mining industries and increasing preference for pressure transmitters are likely to drive the market in these regions between 2019 and 2027
- The PID controller market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a significant rate throughout the forecast period, owing to continuous technological advancements, rising industrial automation, and rapidly growing semiconductor industry in the region
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global PID controller market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- ABB Ltd.
- OMRON Corporation
- Eurotherm (Schneider Electric)
- Red Lion Controls, Inc.
- Calex Electronics Limited
- Durex Industries
- Enfield Technologies
- TOPTICA PHOTONICS
- West Control Solutions
Global PID Controller Market: Research Scope
Global PID Controller Market, by Type
- Temperature Controller
- Flow Controller
- Motion Controller
- Pressure Controller
Global PID Controller Market, by End-use Industry
- Oil & Gas
- Food & Beverages
Global PID Controller Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.