Global Photopolymer Market: Overview
Photopolymer are the class of polymers when exposed to light delivers change in its properties. Photopolymers changes its properties under ultraviolet and visible region of electromagnetic spectrum. The formulation of photopolymers consists of polymers or oligomers or monomers which undergoes curing by UV light. The polymer bases used in manufacturing photopolymers such as acrylics, polyamides, epoxies etc. acts as binders and helps to determine physical properties and processing characteristics after curing. Photo-initiators such as benzophenone, trimethylbenzoyldiphenyl phosphine, diaryliodonium salts etc. are important additives for initiating the photo-polymerization reactions. These initiators are classified as free radical type and cationic type of photo-initiators. Printing market currently holds significantly high market share in the global photopolymers markets. For instance, printing technologies such as offset, flexography, gravure etc. uses photopolymers in its printing plates. Other important application includes, heath care, photoresist and coatings and adhesives. The global photopolymers market is expected to exhibit at double CAGR growth rate during the forecast period.
Global Photopolymer Market: Drivers and Restraints
Photopolymers offer some of the exceptional advantages in printing such as fine image production, high durability and offers better ink transfer. The growth in printing and packaging industries primarily drives the global photopolymers market. Particularly in printing applications, flexographic, offset printing type boosts the global photopolymers market since these printers accounts high consumption of photopolymers. Also, increasing demand for pre-print liners, flexible packing drives the global photopolymers market. Further, holographic films also drives the global photopolymer market since the hologram industry has started using photopolymers because of advanced properties required for automobile industry.
However, the photopolymers are available at quite high price which possess challenge for increasing adoption in the market.
Global Photopolymer Market: Segmentation
On the basis of raw material, photopolymer market is segmented into:-
- Polyinyl alcohol
- Photo initiators/ photosensitizer
- Other Additives
On the basis of photopolymer type, photopolymer market is segmented into:-
- Liquid Photopolymers
- Sheet Photopolymers
On the basis of application type, photopolymer market is segmented into:-
- Health Care
- Rubber Stamps
- Coatings and Adhesives
Global Photopolymer Market: Region wise Outlook
The global photopolymer market is divided into seven regions, namely North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ), Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Japan and Middle East and Africa (MEA). North America and Europe holds major share in the global photopolymers market in terms of production due to established players such as BASF Corporation, Covestro AG etc. Followed by North America and Europe is APEJ, which is expected to grow relatively at a higher CAGR during the forecast period. The growth in APEJ is attributed by progress of flexible packaging industries. Japan is expected to expand at moderate CAGR whereas Latin America and MEA are expected to show sluggish growth rate during the forecast period. The tough economic and political conditions is expected to restrain the photopolymers market in these two regions.
Global Photopolymer Market: Key Players
Some of the key players identified in the global photopolymer market includes:
- BASF Corporation
- Asahi Kasei Corporation
- Covestro AG
- Lumen Dynamics Group Inc.
- Photocentric Ltd., U.K.
- Toray Industries, Inc.
- Heraeus Noblelight Fusion UV Inc.
- Nordson Corporation
- Thermoflan SA
- Henkel Corporation
- Chemence Ltd, U.K
- SK Corporation
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.