Photo luminescent Film Market: Introduction
- Photo luminescent films, commonly known as glow-in-the-dark films, absorb natural light or artificial light. On removal of the light source, the stored light is gradually released, which provides a lustrous effect.
- Photo luminescent films are dimensionally stable, durable, multilayered films, which can be electro cut, hand cut, cold and hot kiss cut, or screen printed to produce interior glow in dark signs and markings including safety signage in buildings, ships, and trains.
- The intensity of emitted light depends on various factors such as luminosity of the surrounding light, distance of the Photo luminescent film from the light source, type of pigment, and size of pigment particles
- Photo luminescent films can generally be used for lettering and emergency identification on flat surfaces and for direction signage
- Photo luminescent films are primarily intended for interior luminous signs and markings including safety signage in buildings
Growth of Building & Construction Sector to Drive Global Photo luminescent Film Market
- The global building & construction industry has witnessed significant transformations over the last 10 years. The industry has witnessed significant innovations over the last decade. Rise in urbanization is fueling the demand for residential, commercial, and industrial infrastructure.
- In the construction sector, Photo luminescent films are used in safety escape signs, panels, tapes, labels, and route markers in emergency egress systems
- Photo luminescent films are suitable for use on baseboards and chair rail moldings, handrails and ladders, and obstacles such as standpipes. They are also suitable for use on door frames and as perimeter markings on smooth, sealed surfaces. Once applied, a Photo luminescent film cannot easily repositioned or removed from a surface.
- Thus, growth of the building & construction sector is projected to fuel the global market for Photo luminescent films in the next few years
Different Types of Photo luminescent Films
- Photo luminescent films are of different types such as vinyl and polyester. A Photo luminescent polyester film is a specialty Photo luminescent non-coated rigid film that is employed for directional signage, identification of fire alarms, fire extinguishers, and evacuation routes.
- A Photo luminescent vinyl film is a soft and flexible vinyl, which glows in the dark for more than 12 hours after absorbing the visible light for 5–30 minutes. It is available in the form of rolls and with adhesive and non-adhesive backing. Photo luminescent vinyl film products include Photo luminescent plotter films, silk-screen printing Photo luminescent films, solvent ink printing Photo luminescent vinyl films, eco-solvent ink printing Photo luminescent films, and inkjet ink printing glow in the dark paper.
- High-performance Photo luminescent films are used for safety and emergency exit signage. Photo luminescent films with rigid sheets are intrinsically safe and sustainable materials used in exit signs, safety signs, and egress path markings in buildings, planes, trains, and ships.
High Prices of Raw Materials Required for Production of Photo luminescent Films
- Raw materials used in the manufacture of Photo luminescent films include strontium aluminate powder and copper-activated zinc sulfide powder. Zinc sulfide prices are largely affected by the demand for zinc and its ores.
- Strontium aluminate possesses better properties than activated zinc sulfide, as pigments based on strontium aluminate can emit glow for a longer duration and with higher intensity. However, prices of strontium aluminate are higher than its substitutes. This is likely to hamper the global Photo luminescent film market during the forecast period.
- Extensive research and development is being carried out to lower the prices of raw materials and utilize them more efficiently. Employment of nanotechnology can also lower the consumption of raw materials during the manufacturing process.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Photo luminescent Film Market here
Asia Pacific Expected to Hold a Major Share of Global Photo luminescent Film Market
- Geographically, the global Photo luminescent film market can be divided into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is a leading consumer of Photo luminescent films across the world, followed by North America and Europe. Asia Pacific is also expected to lead the global Photo luminescent film market in the near future, due to rise in the demand for these films in the building & construction sector in the region. Rise in construction activities in countries such as China, India, Singapore, Thailand, and Malaysia has fueled the demand for Photo luminescent films.
- The Europe Photo luminescent film market is led by Germany, France, and the U.K. The market in the region is primarily driven by increasing demand from transportation and building & construction industries in Europe.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global Photo luminescent film market is fragmented, with players in the market focusing on integrating advanced technologies to gain higher market share. These players are offering a complete portfolio of products and they are focusing on different business strategies to strengthen their position in the market.
Key players operating in the global Photo luminescent film market include:
- EverGlow NA Inc.
- L&B Group Co, Ltd.
- Zhejiang Minhui Luminous Technology Co., Ltd
- Jessup Manufacturing Company
Global Photo luminescent Film Market: Research Scope
Global Photo luminescent Film Market, by Type
Global Photo luminescent Film Market, by Application
- Building & Construction
- Others (Including Industrial)
Global Photo luminescent Film Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.