Photo-engraving Materials Market: Introduction
- Photo engraving is a photochemical milling process that utilizes light-sensitive, photoresist technologies, such as laser, applied to various surfaces such as metals, glass, granite, black marble, and plastics. Photo engraving is used to provide shielding; eliminate etches; and remove unwanted materials from unshielded areas.
- Photo-engraving materials are widely used in various applications such as printed circuit boards (PCBs), embossing dies, foil-stamping dies, name plates, commemorative plaques, and integrated circuits
- Photo engraving is carried out on zinc, magnesium, aluminum, nickel, steel, bronze, and copper plates for producing graphic arts. Photo-engraving materials are resistant to acids and other corrosive compounds. Steel and brass are most widely used as engraving metals.
- Acrylic is a plastic photo-engraving material, which is UV stable and is suitable for exterior use. This makes its use possible across a wide array of industries. Photo-engraving materials with the laser technology offer high precision and productivity in less time.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Photo-engraving Materials Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers of Global Photo-engraving Materials Market
- Demand for the photo-engraving process using the diamond-impact technology is rising for printing digital images on various substrates such as metal and plastic. This factor is expected to drive the market significantly during the forecast period.
- Rising demand for photo-engraving materials for use in the manufacture of printed circuit boards utilizing laser and UV technologies is likely to boost the global photo-engraving materials market in the near future. In addition, increasing demand for printed circuit boards for use in various applications, such as medical devices, LEDs, consumer electronics products, industrial equipment, automotive components, and aerospace components, is anticipated to propel the global photo-engraving materials market during the forecast period.
Increasing Adoption of Steel Photo-engraving Materials in Areas with a High Level of Saltwater
- Steel photo-engraving materials is one of the most preferred materials for use in outdoor signage in areas with a high level of saltwater, such as coastal areas, due to non-corrosive nature of steel
- Although copper is not a popular engraving material, due to its excellent electric conductivity, it is widely used in industrial and electrical & electronics (E&E) sectors. This is likely to offer lucrative opportunities to manufacturers of photo-engraving materials during the forecast period.
Government Regulations pertaining to Usage of Corrosive Liquids in Photo-engraving Process Likely to Restrain Photo-engraving Materials Market
- Photo-engraving materials use highly corrosive liquids, such as nitric acids, during the photo-engraving process. This, in turn, requires safety equipment and appropriate training.
- In addition, government regulations pertaining to solvent release during the photo-engraving process act as a major factor restraining the market.
- In photo-engraving materials, contrast is a major consideration when selecting the transfer material for laser-engraved photographs. In addition, selection of the material is greatly dependent on whether it is to be placed in an area with moisture or temperature fluctuations. In case of outdoor environments, granite is the preferred choice of material. Materials such as granite and black marble contain dark hues, which leads to vivid contrast without the need for extensive color filling. After the photo-engraving process, the finished product may appear gray or white in dark background. Thus, selection of the material and consideration of contrast are likely to restrain the global photo-engraving materials market during the forecast period.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Photo-engraving Materials Market here
Asia Pacific to Hold a Leading Share of Global Photo-engraving Materials Market
In terms of region, the global photo-engraving materials market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is a leading consumer of photo-engraving materials, followed by North America and Europe. Asia Pacific is expected to lead the global photo-engraving materials market in the near future, due to rise in the demand from the graphic art industry in the region. In the graphic art, photoengraving is employed to make printing plates for use in various printing processes, reproducing a wide variety of graphics such as lettering, line drawings, and photographs.
- Europe is the second-largest consumer of photo-engraving materials. These materials are primarily used in printed circuit boards, foil-stamping dies, and embossing dies in the region. They are also applied in the manufacture of name plates, commemorative plaques, and decorative engravings.
- Growth of economies and rise in middle-class population in countries of South America and Central America, such as Brazil, Argentina, and Costa Rica, have led to growth of the food & beverages industry in these countries. This, in turn, is likely to boost the market for photo-engraving materials in these countries during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Global Photo-engraving Materials Market:
The global photo-engraving materials market is highly fragmented with companies focusing on integrating advanced technologies to gain higher market share. Companies are offering a comprehensive range of products and are focusing on different business strategies to strengthen their market position.
Key players operating in the global photo-engraving materials market are:
- Gravotech Engineering PVT Ltd
- Anderson & Vreeland, Inc.
- US Formliner Inc.
- Lasertechnologie GmbH
- Universal Laser Systems, Inc.
Global Photo-engraving Materials Market: Research Scope
Global Photo-engraving Materials Market, by Type
Global Photo-engraving Materials Market, by Application
- Printed Circuit Boards
- Name Plates
- Decorative Items
Global Photo-engraving Materials Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.