Photo-engraving Materials Market: Introduction
- Photo engraving is a photochemical milling process that utilizes light-sensitive, photoresist technologies, such as laser, applied to various surfaces such as metals, glass, granite, black marble, and plastics. Photo engraving is used to provide shielding; eliminate etches; and remove unwanted materials from unshielded areas.
- Photo-engraving materials are widely used in various applications such as printed circuit boards (PCBs), embossing dies, foil-stamping dies, name plates, commemorative plaques, and integrated circuits
- Photo engraving is carried out on zinc, magnesium, aluminum, nickel, steel, bronze, and copper plates for producing graphic arts. Photo-engraving materials are resistant to acids and other corrosive compounds. Steel and brass are most widely used as engraving metals.
- Acrylic is a plastic photo-engraving material, which is UV stable and is suitable for exterior use. This makes its use possible across a wide array of industries. Photo-engraving materials with the laser technology offer high precision and productivity in less time.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Photo-engraving Materials Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers of Global Photo-engraving Materials Market
- Demand for the photo-engraving process using the diamond-impact technology is rising for printing digital images on various substrates such as metal and plastic. This factor is expected to drive the market significantly during the forecast period.
- Rising demand for photo-engraving materials for use in the manufacture of printed circuit boards utilizing laser and UV technologies is likely to boost the global photo-engraving materials market in the near future. In addition, increasing demand for printed circuit boards for use in various applications, such as medical devices, LEDs, consumer electronics products, industrial equipment, automotive components, and aerospace components, is anticipated to propel the global photo-engraving materials market during the forecast period.
Increasing Adoption of Steel Photo-engraving Materials in Areas with a High Level of Saltwater
- Steel photo-engraving materials is one of the most preferred materials for use in outdoor signage in areas with a high level of saltwater, such as coastal areas, due to non-corrosive nature of steel
- Although copper is not a popular engraving material, due to its excellent electric conductivity, it is widely used in industrial and electrical & electronics (E&E) sectors. This is likely to offer lucrative opportunities to manufacturers of photo-engraving materials during the forecast period.
Government Regulations pertaining to Usage of Corrosive Liquids in Photo-engraving Process Likely to Restrain Photo-engraving Materials Market
- Photo-engraving materials use highly corrosive liquids, such as nitric acids, during the photo-engraving process. This, in turn, requires safety equipment and appropriate training.
- In addition, government regulations pertaining to solvent release during the photo-engraving process act as a major factor restraining the market.
- In photo-engraving materials, contrast is a major consideration when selecting the transfer material for laser-engraved photographs. In addition, selection of the material is greatly dependent on whether it is to be placed in an area with moisture or temperature fluctuations. In case of outdoor environments, granite is the preferred choice of material. Materials such as granite and black marble contain dark hues, which leads to vivid contrast without the need for extensive color filling. After the photo-engraving process, the finished product may appear gray or white in dark background. Thus, selection of the material and consideration of contrast are likely to restrain the global photo-engraving materials market during the forecast period.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Photo-engraving Materials Market here
Asia Pacific to Hold a Leading Share of Global Photo-engraving Materials Market
In terms of region, the global photo-engraving materials market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is a leading consumer of photo-engraving materials, followed by North America and Europe. Asia Pacific is expected to lead the global photo-engraving materials market in the near future, due to rise in the demand from the graphic art industry in the region. In the graphic art, photoengraving is employed to make printing plates for use in various printing processes, reproducing a wide variety of graphics such as lettering, line drawings, and photographs.
- Europe is the second-largest consumer of photo-engraving materials. These materials are primarily used in printed circuit boards, foil-stamping dies, and embossing dies in the region. They are also applied in the manufacture of name plates, commemorative plaques, and decorative engravings.
- Growth of economies and rise in middle-class population in countries of South America and Central America, such as Brazil, Argentina, and Costa Rica, have led to growth of the food & beverages industry in these countries. This, in turn, is likely to boost the market for photo-engraving materials in these countries during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Global Photo-engraving Materials Market:
The global photo-engraving materials market is highly fragmented with companies focusing on integrating advanced technologies to gain higher market share. Companies are offering a comprehensive range of products and are focusing on different business strategies to strengthen their market position.
Key players operating in the global photo-engraving materials market are:
- Gravotech Engineering PVT Ltd
- Anderson & Vreeland, Inc.
- US Formliner Inc.
- Lasertechnologie GmbH
- Universal Laser Systems, Inc.
Global Photo-engraving Materials Market: Research Scope
Global Photo-engraving Materials Market, by Type
Global Photo-engraving Materials Market, by Application
- Printed Circuit Boards
- Name Plates
- Decorative Items
Global Photo-engraving Materials Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.