Global Phosphate Conversion Coatings Market: Overview
Phosphating find abundant use in the process of metal pre-treatment for the purpose of surface treatment and non-ferrous and ferrous metal finishing. The global phosphate conversion coatings is expected to gather momentum from the important role that phosphating plays in the automobile and appliance industries. The process of phosphate conversion coating comes with cost effectiveness, corrosion resistance, adhesion, speed of operation, and wear resistance.
The procedure of phosphate conversion coatings was initially developed to prevent corrosion but with changing times and requirements, the process has been modified to cater to the demand of end users. Innovative methods have come up, which replace traditional uses.
The global phosphate conversion coatings market has been segmented on the basis of four parameters, which are product, substrate, end-use and region.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Global Phosphate Conversion Coatings Market, ask for a customized report
Global Phosphate Conversion Coatings Market: Notable Developments
The global phosphate conversion coatings market has witnessed some developments in the market. One such development is mentioned below:
- In 2017, Ohio-based Sherwin-Williams Company made an acquisition of Valspar Corporation. The latter is a leading manufacturer of paints and coatings with in the U.S. The acquisition is expected to expand the product portfolio of Sherwin-Williams Company, which has a large consumer base. Phosphate conversion coating is one of the leading products of Valspar Corporation and is likely to have access to larger base of consumers both in the domestic and international market.
A few of the leading market vendors of the global phosphate conversion coatings market are as mentioned below:
- Henkel AG & Co.
- Crest Industrial Chemicals
- Keystone Corporation
- The Sherwin-Williams Company
- Westchem Technologies
- Kansai Paint Company
Global Phosphate Conversion Coatings Market: Key Trends
The global phosphate conversion coatings market is likely to be influenced by the following drivers, restrains, opportunities during the study period.
Demand from Automotive Industry to Set the Market on High Growth Trajectory
Phosphating treats surface of metals to make them hard and non-conductor of electricity. The surface becomes contagious and is capable of more absorption than the metal itself. The global phosphate conversion coatings market is driven by the extensive use of the process in metal treatment.
Coating technologies come with several advantages. However, the latest market development indicates a shift toward environment friendly products. The market requires new coating processes to be easier with lesser period of time and it requires lower temperature to operate as opposed to processes of zinc or iron phosphate. In addition, new processes do well with all substrates like aluminum, steel, and zinc. In a bid to reduce the adverse impact on the environment, manufacturers are engaging in the process of pre-treatment that are free of phosphorous. This process can be can be used on a number of substrates and goes well with equipment of mild steel. Products that are free from phosphorous are environment friendly.
Strict government rules in many of the developed nations mandate improvement of fuel efficiency and augmented fuel economy from the automobile sector and original equipment manufacturers. Stringent regulations lead to adoption of phosphate conversions coatings, which are environment friendly. This is likely to add impetus to the global phosphate conversion coatings market over the period of assessment. Extensive use of phosphate conversion coatings in the consumer appliance and automobile industry to improve durability and surface appearance bolsters its demand. In the automotive industry, phosphate conversion coatings prepare the surface for further operations like paints. It also offers electrical isolation and outstanding adhesion properties to the surface thereby leading to minimal corrosion. As such, many of the manufactures of automotives and original equipment manufacturers have mandated its use, which offers substantial growth opportunities for the global phosphate conversion coatings market.
To clarify your doubts about the report on Phosphate Conversion Coatings Market, Request a Brochure here
Global Phosphate Conversion Coatings Market: Geographical Analysis
Latin America, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa, Europe, and North America comprise the major regions of the global phosphate conversion coatings market. Regional segmentations are likely to offer in-depth understanding of the various regional growth factors.
Of all the regions, Europe is likely to account for a substantial share of the global phosphate conversion coatings market over the period of forecast. Steady growth in the automobile and construction sector is expected to propel the market toward growth. According to European Steel Association, the number of registration for new cars went up by 3.4% in 2017. France and Germany is likely to drive the revenue of the region. Apart from Europe, Rapidly expanding automobile and manufacturing industries in India and China are likely to encourage growth of the market in the Asia Pacific region.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.