Phone Line Tapping Introduction
- Phone tapping is the monitoring of Internet-based and telephone conversations by a third party, often by hidden means. Mobile phones, soft phones, as well as landline phones can be tapped. Multiple phones at a time can be tapped with the advanced tools available in the market.
- Tapping tools for landline phones have limited scope for growth due to the security concerns associated with the phone lines. Phone line tapping is technically an intrusion which can be carried out by an authorized or an unauthorized user. Various government regulations of different countries regarding data privacy and cyber security restricts phone line tapping.
To get glimpse of what our report offers, ask for a report brochure
Phone Line Tapping Dynamics
Key Drivers of the Phone Line Tapping Market
- The rate of crime is increasing globally at a drastic rate. Most criminals use either mobile phones or landline phones for communication purpose. The police, detective agencies, and government organizations use various tools to listen to the communication of suspects and criminals.
- Phone tapping is carried out to curb the crime before it happens. The phone tapping tool has many securities related applications.
To get a bird’s eye view of market forecast, ask for a Custom Report
Threat of illegal cyber-attacks hindering the growth of the market
- Advancements in technology have resulted in high threat of security breach and cyber-attacks in phone line tapping tools. This may lead to loss of revenue and breach of personal information of customers such as names, payment details, and phone numbers.
- Developers are adopting measures to tackle the issue of cyber-attacks. However, risks related to data breach by hackers are still very high.
- This is likely to discourage the usage of phone line tapping tools
North America to Hold a Major Share of the Global Phone Line Tapping Market
- North America is a dominant phone line tapping market where the U.S. is the key market. In terms of demand, the U.S. accounts for the major share of the North America market for phone line tapping in 2018 due to presence of highly advanced security forces and increasing cybercrime rate in this country.
- The phone line tapping market in Asia Pacific is estimated to expand at a rapid pace in terms of CAGR during the forecast period, followed by Europe and North America.
Phone Line Tapping Market - Competitive Landscape
- Sangoma Technologies provides a landline phone line tapping tool. High performance line monitoring is delivered by the line monitoring voice cards offered by the company. The toolkit is robust, inexpensive, and gives the user complete access to the T1/E1 signaling and voice interfaces. The tapping connections are connected to the RJ45 connectors provided. The device supports both high as well as low impedance modes to tap the phone lines.
Key Players Operating in Global Phone Line Tapping Market:
The phone line tapping market is moderately competitive due to the presence of manufacturers operating on the global as well as regional level. Several players in the market manufacture phone line tapping tools. Thus, the intensity of competition is moderately high among these players. Moreover, rapid technological advancements have led to a threat of substitution in the phone line tapping market. Key players operating in the global phone line tapping market include:
- Flexispy, Ltd.
- Retina-X Studios, LLC.
- GL Communications, Inc.
- My Spy (mSpy)
- Solid Gold Security
Phone Line Tapping Segmentation
Phone Line Tapping Market, by Application
- Remote phone call bugging or tapping
- Line interception
- Telephone wires
Phone Line Tapping Market, by Component
Phone Line Tapping Market, by End-user
- Public sector
- Private Agencies
Phone Line Tapping Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Mobile phones
- Landline Phones
- Digital phones
- Internet traffic
- Soft phones
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.