COVID-19 Impact on Global pH Controlling Agents Market
- On January 30, 2020, the International Health Regulations Emergency Committee of the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak a public health emergency of international concern. Originating in China, the virus has spread to at least 214 countries and territories around the world.
- Several governments and private sector businesses are operating at a limited capacity or have ceased operations completely due to recent events surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic
- The outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic has led to disturbance in the supply chain due to the global lockdown in several countries. Also, the spread of the coronavirus has led to a fall in demand for chemical intermediates due to uncertainty in the global economy and capital markets.
- The pH controlling agents market has been adversely impacted due to the COVID-19 pandemic and nationwide lockdown of several non-essential activities and manufacturing facilities, which affected various industrial activities in 2020. However, the market is anticipated to expand during the forecast period due to the acceptance of new normal conditions and recovery of various end-use industries.
Key Drivers and Restraints of pH Controlling Agents Market
- Demand for pH controlling agents is expected to increase at a significant rate during the forecast period due to the expansion of the processed food & beverages industry. All pH controlling agents are used as stabilizers, while some are also used for specific purposes such as preservative, chelating agents, antioxidant synergists, flavoring agents, nutrient enhancers, viscosity modifiers, and melting modifiers.
- pH controlling agents might lead to hyperactivity disorder, difficulty in breathing, asthma, allergy or cancer. This is expected to create hurdles for the market during the forecast period.
pH Controlling Agents Market: Function Segment
- Based on function, the pH controlling agents market has been divided into flavoring agents, preservatives, chelating agents, buffer, gelling agents, and coagulating agents
- The flavoring agents segment dominates the pH controlling agents market
- Lactic acid in food products usually serves either as a pH regulator or as a preservative. It is also used as a flavoring agent. Lactic acids are widely used in processed meat products owing to their key properties including shelf life extension, pathogenic bacteria control, enhancing meat flavor, improving water binding capacity, and reducing sodium levels. Growth in consumer preference toward protein-rich meat consumables and rapid development of processed meat value chain are likely to boost the demand for meat products, thereby propelling the pH controlling agents market.
Asia-Pacific to Hold Leading Share of Global pH Controlling Agents Market
- In terms of region, the pH controlling agents market can be divided into North America, Europe, North America, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is expected to hold major share of the global pH controlling agents market, followed by North America and Europe, during the forecast period
- Rise in demand for canned products & beverages has led to an increase in adoption of pH controlling agents during the manufacturing process, mainly for preservation. Increase in pH production of Chinese pH controlling agents has built pressure on western players due to lower manufacturing costs in China.
- Demand for junk food is increasing with the growth in disposable income of the middle-class population. Rise in consumption of junk food in Asia Pacific is expected to drive the demand for pH controlling agents in the region.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global pH Controlling Agents Market
The pH controlling agents market was consolidated in 2020. Major players have prominent presence in developed and developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the pH controlling agents market include:
- Archer Daniels Midland Company
- Batory Foods Inc.
- Brenntag Ingredients Inc.
- Cargill Inc.
- Fuerst Day Lawson Ltd.
- Hawkins Watts Limited
- Industrial Tecnica Pecuaria S.A.
- Sab Hnub Tuaj Foodchem Co. Ltd.
- Tate& Lyle Plc
- Univar Inc.
- Corbion Purac N.V.
- American International Foods Inc.
pH Controlling Agents Market: Research Scope
pH Controlling Agents Market, by Product Type
- Acetic Acid
- Citric Acid
- Malic Acid
- Fumaric Acid
- Lactic Acid
- Tartaric Acid
- Succinic Acid
- Phosphoric Acid
pH Controlling Agents Market, by Form
pH Controlling Agents Market, by Function
- Flavoring Agents
- Chelating Agents
- Gelling Agents
- Coagulating Agents
pH Controlling Agents Market, by Application
- Convenience Food
- Sauces, Dressings, and Condiments
- Bakery & Confectionery
- Dairy Products
Global pH Controlling Agents Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
pH Controlling Agents Market: Introduction
- pH controlling agent is a type of food ingredient used to control acidity and alkalinity in foods & beverages as well as prevent food from spoilage
- pH controlling agent contributes a variety of functional properties that enhance the quality of food. It is commonly used for adding or controlling color, flavor, and texture. It is also used to control tartness. pH controlling agents prevent food and beverages from rancidity or complex formation with heavy metals, which initiates oxidation and/or browning reactions. It also boosts the effectiveness of heat sterilization or the antimicrobial effect of solutes. It also kills microorganisms in some cases. Most of pH controlling agents enhance nutritive value of food or beverages. pH controlling agents are commonly used in gel-type products such as gelatin desserts, jams, jellies and pectin gels to enhance the gelling effect.
This upcoming business intelligence report is intended to be a one-stop market research solution to guide organizations in taking timely and effective decisions for their business growth. The ongoing study is the culmination of our deep expertise on data science methods, combined with an unparalleled understanding of the external environment and analysis of the industries. Each of the reports by TMR aims at offering a detailed scrutiny of the value chain of our current and prospective customers, takes them from identifying value propositions, and subsequently assist their business executives to implement right strategies to create customer value. We believe that creating and sustaining the customer value is the key pivot on which business executives can create profits for their organizations and increase the market shares, continuously and with sustainability.
Each of our touchpoints through which we engage with the organization/enterprise during the primary research enables us to understand the internal environment it operates in and the ways in which the external environment influences its growth.
Always Evolving with Competition
Excellence is built into the DNA of TMR, and all our teams work collaboratively and committedly toward achieving that in whatever they do. From the very first interaction our teams of research analysts have with any interested market participant to the final preparation processes in each of our reports reflects a rigorous understanding of the dynamic industry environment that businesses operate in.
We relentlessly work to be a differentiator in whatever we do in the current era of hypercompetitive global environment. The result of our unceasing focus on excellence is reflected clearly in the insights and guidance we offer to our customers in order to empower them to create brand equity. Our simple yet very powerful underpinning for navigating the competition is to always keep evolving with changing business environments. Our close-kinit team of research analysts not only believe in this simple philosophy but also implement the same.
Constantly Innovating Our Research Methodologies and Models
We do not limit with any specific market research tool or one standard approach for obtaining or analyzing data. Undoubtedly, our report making process is ever-evolving to meet the customer needs and demands supported broadly by a vast knowledge of data science methods that we combine with business acumen our teams have built upon for several years. Evidently, our primary and secondary research data about customers and consumers have shown that we can go to any lengths to obtain them. This is followed by applying next-gen automation tools integrated with human judgement to clear the clutter, ascertain the most relevant and recent qualitative and quantitative insights, and package them in digestible chunks in our reports for our customers.
We Take Pride in No-One-Size-Fits-All Approach
Over the past several years, we have been conducting market intelligence studies across all industries for all types of organizations — big and small, profit and not-for-profit, and Fortune 500 and Unicorns, as we believe that a sound decision making must be based on no-one-size-fits-all approach. Without doubt, each of the organizations regardless of the industry they are in are affected differently by changes in political, economic, socio-culture, legal, ecological, and legal environments. The research models and the value chain analysis process that our analysts employ for conducting the study uphold this approach.
We look at myriad components of internal and external business environment affecting the growth strategies of organizations. Some of the broader aspects that we focus on are:
- Our team of Analysts and Support Teams always strive to see the bigger picture in life cycle stages of any industry
- The Teams focus on obtaining valuable insights into different models of competitive advantage while making an internal environment analysis
- They keep on modifying the value chain analysis processes of organizations to understand on how customer value is created
Some areas of assessing market dynamics that are used in the research models and methodologies adopted by our analysts can be summarized as:
- Corporate and business strategies underlying new brand positioning strategies
- Mapping for strategic planning for business units
- Various metrics for business portfolio analysis, including BCG matrix
- Value chain analysis
These will help create and sustain competitive advantage for our prospects and current customers.
Key focus areas and agenda that underpin and catalyze our primary and secondary research initiatives and endeavors are:
- What are some of the core competencies and distinctive competencies of new entrants and established players in the industry we are analyzing?
- What are some of the branding opportunities that are emerging at a rapid pace?
- What are the major competitive forces and elements of external environment shaping the industry life cycle stages of most organizations?
- Why some competitive strategies are popular than others among leaders in a certain market?
- What customer-based brand equity strategies companies have leveraged in a certain industry or set of related industries in a sector?
- What are some of the key pricing strategies that companies in an industry are implementing for marketing their products internationally?
- Identifying whether market-push or market-pull strategies are more relevant to a certain product or a service?
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.