Petroleum Liquid Feedstock Market: Overview
- Petroleum liquid feedstock refers to the liquid raw material used in refineries and petrochemical plants, where these are converted into more valuable products
- The global petroleum liquid feedstock market is likely to expand owing to the increase in demand for petroleum liquid feedstock in a wide range of industries. The economic stability of a country is often exhibited through the growth of the petrochemical industry and other products that are related to the industry such as clothing, fertilizers, tires, detergents, and plastics.
- Expansion of the global petroleum liquid feedstock market is likely to be encouraged by substantial growth of the petrochemical industry from 2021 to 2031
Key Drivers and Restraints of Petroleum Liquid Feedstock market
- Of late, refining and petrochemical technologies have been witnessing many innovations that assist market players in obtaining optimal production target at minimal cost. Apart from increased efficiency, these innovative technologies also keep energy consumption to the minimum. They also help provide better quality of finished products and processing of unusual crude oil. For instance, advanced analysis and control technologies are increasingly being taken up by various refineries of petroleum to maximize the output of their products.
- Rapid expansion of the transportation industry, increase in exploration activities for unconventional sources of petroleum, and implementation of block chain technology and Internet of Things in oil and gas refineries are likely to boost the market in the near future
- Fluctuation in prices of crude oil and growth in environmental concern across the globe are expected to hamper the market during the forecast period
Global Petroleum Liquid Feedstock Market: Segmentation
- The global petroleum liquid feedstock market can be segmented on the basis of type, application, and region
- In terms of type, the petroleum liquid feedstock market can be divided into naphtha and gas oil. The naphtha segment accounted for significant share of the global petroleum liquid feedstock market in 2020.
- Based on application, the global petroleum liquid feedstock market can be classified into aromatics, olefins, and urea. The aromatic segment dominated the petroleum liquid feedstock market in 2020. This trend is expected to continue during the forecast period.
Global Petroleum Liquid Feedstock Market: Regional Segmentation
- In terms of region, the global petroleum liquid feedstock market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America was a major region of the global petroleum liquid feedstock market in 2020. Rapid expansion of tight oil and shale gas production in North America, particularly the U.S., is anticipated to drive the market in the region in the near future.
- Asia Pacific is estimated to hold significant share of the global petroleum liquid feedstock market in the near future. Growth in urban population and increase in automotive sales in Asia have boosted the demand for petroleum liquid feedstock in the region. The region is likely to expand owing to the high demand for petroleum liquid feedstock in the oil & gas industry in China and India. Many leading companies in India are entering into collaborations to set up Greenfield refineries by 2022.
- The petroleum liquid feedstock market in Middle East & Africa exhibited resilient growth in 2020. Demand for naphtha has been rising in Asia owing to tighter ethylene supply in the region and decline in U.S. ethylene exports. Naphtha competes with LPG as a feedstock in steam cracker units for petrochemical production.
COVID-19 Impact on Global Petroleum Liquid Feedstock Market
- The COVID-19 pandemic has adversely affected the global petroleum liquid feedstock market. It is obstructing the global economic growth. The oil & gas industry has also been adversely impacted by the significant reduction in demand for energy around the world during lockdowns. However, global recovery of demand for energy after lockdowns is likely to boost the petroleum liquid feedstock market in the near future.
Key Players in Market
The global petroleum liquid feedstock market is moderately fragmented. Some of the key players operating in the global petroleum liquid feedstock market are:
- Chevron Corporation
- China National Petroleum Corporation
- China Petrochemical Corporation
- Exxon Mobil Corporation.
- Idemitsu Kosan Co.,Ltd.
- Reliance Industries Limited.
- Royal Dutch Shell Plc
- Saudi Arabian Oil Co.
- Total SE
Global Petroleum Liquid Feedstock Market: Research Scope
Global Petroleum Liquid Feedstock Market, by Type
- Gas Oil
Global Petroleum Liquid Feedstock Market, by Application
Global Petroleum Liquid Feedstock Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.