Pet Shampoo Market: Introduction
- Pet shampoo is a pet product used to maintain hygiene of dogs, cats, and other pets such as rabbits and hamsters. Pet shampoos clean, deodorize, and condition pets’ hair and skin. Usually, pet shampoos contain specialty ingredients to remove stains, dirt, and microorganisms from the animal coat and maintain a healthy and clean skin of pets. General formulation of pet shampoo comprises mild surfactants, preservatives, pearlizers, solubilizes, and fragrance.
Key Drivers of the Global Pet Shampoo Market
- Rising pet ownership across key regions globally coupled with high consumer preference for pet grooming products is estimated to drive the global pet shampoo market. Changes in consumer lifestyle and rising disposable income have further fueled pet adoptions. The way pet owners treat their pets as a member of family, or even substitutes for children, also means that pet health has become more important, which is further propelling the demand for pet products such as pet shampoo.
- Boom in the e-commerce sector enables key brands to market and sell their products to wide consumer base across the globe. Moreover, intense competition between brands helps end-users to bag better deals when they buy these products online.
Opportunities in the Global Pet Shampoo Market
- Increase in demand for sustainable and nature-based pet shampoos is a key opportunity in the global pet shampoo market. Key manufacturers are frequently engaged in extensive research and development activities to develop natural and safer products as compared to synthetic products.
- Modern pet owners are highly aware about the ingredients used in pet grooming products and are increasingly preferring plant-based and sustainable solutions. Some popular brands, such as 4-Legger, Himalaya, and Beaphar, are focused on the introduction of certified herbal shampoos to cater to the evolving needs of consumers.
COVID-19 pandemic has hampered demand across downstream industries
The pandemic has shaken the overall value chain of the pet care industry across different regions. First-quarter sales were weak, and there was complete shutting down of manufacturing facilities as well as warehouses and distribution centers. The macroeconomic consequence of COVID-19 is projected to have a prominent impact on consumer spending on pet care products including shampoos and related pet grooming products. Loss of wages and fixed income coupled with the global economic crisis has compelled middle class consumers to prioritize their daily spending.
North America to be a Major Market for Pet Shampoos
- Based on region, the global pet shampoo market can be classified into South America (SA), North America (NA), Europe (EU), Middle East & Africa (MEA), and Asia Pacific (APAC)
- Country-level bifurcation of the North America market includes the forecast and analysis for the U.S., Canada, and Rest of North America. The country-level analysis and forecast of the Europe market covers the pet shampoo market in the U.K., Germany, France, and Rest of Europe. The country-level analysis and forecast for the Asia Pacific market includes major countries in the region such as India, China, Japan, and Rest of Asia Pacific. Middle East & Africa country-level analysis and forecast for the pet shampoo market includes GCC countries, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa. The South America pet shampoo market is categorized into Brazil, and Rest of South America.
- Expansion of the market in North America is attributed to robust investment in research and development activities coupled with high consumer awareness and willingness to pay for advanced pet care products. According to APPA (American Pet Products Association, Inc.) estimations, in 2019, U.S. pet expenditure stood at US$ 95.7 billion. The expenditure includes spending on pet food, medical care, treatments, general care, and grooming services.
Key Players Operating in the Global Market
Key manufacturers of pet shampoo are focused on the development of innovative and diverse product offerings that use natural and safe ingredients. Online marketing, multichannel sales and distribution, and frequent new product launches are key strategies adopted by industry participants. Partnerships and collaborations with international distributors enables companies to market and sell their products in overseas markets.
Some of the major companies identified in the global pet shampoo market are:
- Petco Animal Supplies, Inc.
- Groomer’s Choice
- Bio-Derm Laboratories, Inc.
- Vet’s Best
- The Himalaya Drug Company
- Wahl Oatmeal
- Burt's Bees Pets
- World for Pets
- Earthwhile Endeavors Inc.
- Oliver’s Choice
Global Pet Shampoo Market: Research Scope
Global Pet Shampoo Market, by Pet Type
- Others (Rabbit, etc.)
Global Pet Shampoo Market, by Product
- Cleansing Shampoo
- Anti-itching Shampoo
- Anti-dandruff Shampoo
- Anti-flea & tick Shampoo
- Other (anti-bacteria, anti-fungal etc.)
Global Pet Shampoo Market, by Application
- Commercial (Pet Care centers, etc.)
Global Pet Shampoo Market, by Distribution Channel
- E-commerce Websites
- Company Owned Websites
- Departmental Stores
- Specialty Stores
- Others (Hypermarket, Small retailers, etc.)
Global Pet Shampoo Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report on the global pet shampoo market is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various factors on market segments and regions.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.