Despite many technological advancements, flexible packaging is not as efficient as rigid packaging in the handling of liquid products. PET being the nonhazardous, U.S. and European food & drug administration approved material, is used extensively for liquid packaging. PET preforms machines are used for manufacturing of PET bottles for beverages, bottled water, consumer goods, chemicals, pharmaceuticals and personal care & cosmetics end-use industries.
Production of PET bottle has risen from 300 Bn unit to 480 Bn during the last decade and is expected to expand further at CAGR of 4% during next decade and with the increasing demand for PET bottles, sales of PET preform machines is also expected to grow during the forecast period.
PET Preform Machine Market: Market Dynamics
Use of PET preforms machine adds an advantage for product manufacturers as it allows to offset the fluctuation in market demand for beverages and bottled water. Moreover, increasing sales of packaged goods and consumer preference for products packed in small quantity has increased the use of PET for packaging and positively influencing PET preform machine market. High speed and application in various end-use industries of PET preform machines are some other factors supporting the growth in PET preform machine market. However, high cost associated with PET preform machines may hamper the growth in PET preform machine market. Diminishing gap between the cost of single step PET blow molding machines and PET preform machine may further limit the use of PET preform machine.
PET Preform Machine Market: Company Developments and Industry Level Trends
Husky Injection Molding Systems Ltd. has innovated new multilayer preform technology for improving the barrier properties of its PET products.
S.I.P.A. S.p.A has developed world’s first PET preform machines for producing PET inline preforms
PET preform machinery manufacturers are focusing on developing systems suitable for producing light weight PET preforms, without altering the performance of the bottle, as the packaging industry is reducing its carbon footprint.
There have been technological advancements in PET preform machine market. With the development of electric press machine technology, manufacturers are now capable of reducing operation costs by cutting energy consumption.
PET Preform Machine Market: Market Segmentation
PET preform machine market is segmented by technology type, by orientation type, application type and end use industry.
Based on the technology type, PET preform machine market is segmented into:
Based on the orientation type, PET preform machine market is segmented into:
Based on the application type, PET preform machine market is segmented into:
- Returnable Bottles
- Non-Returnable Bottles
- Multilayer Bottles
Based on the end use industry, PET preform machine market is segmented into:
- Bottled water
- Consumer Goods
- Personal care & Cosmetics
PET Preform Machine Market - Regional Outlook:
Regionally global PET preform machine market is segmented into
- North America
- Latin America
- Eastern Europe
- Western Europe
- Asia-Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ)
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
APAC region is expected to lead PET preforms machine market as the region has highest sales for PET bottles. China has the highest consumption of PET bottles; the country has consumption of about 73.8 Bn water bottles for 2016. North America is expected to follow the APAC region in PET Preform machine market as the region accounts for the highest imports in bottle blowing machine market. MEA region is expected to contribute a small but rapidly growing market share in PET preform market as the sales of bottled water is expanding at a CAGR of 10% in Saudi Arabia and other bordering countries in the region. The consumption of bottled water is estimated to reach to 21 billion liters by the year 2020 in GCC region. Due to the high concentration of German and Italian PET preform machine manufacturers, Europe PET preform machine market is expected to grow moderately during the forecast period.
PET Preform Machine Market - Key Players:
Some major players of PET preform machine market are Magnum Group, Polymechplast Machines Ltd., Husky Injection Molding Systems Ltd., Toshiba Machine Co Ltd, Netstal-Maschinen AG, S.I.P.A. S.p.A, Global Plastech, Sacmi Imola S.C., Nissei Asb Machine Co., Ltd., Demark (Shanghai) Packaging Technology Co., Ltd., Pet All Manufacturing Inc., Iboplast Srl, OiMA, Ningbo Hautek Industries Co., Ltd., Powerjet Plastic Machinery Co., Ltd. and L&t-demag Plastics Machinery Ltd.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.