Pet Oral Care – Introduction
- Just like humans, pets also need both professional as well as at-home dental care for healthy gums and teeth.
- Rising importance of dental care for pets has resulted in increased demand for innovative dental care products from pet owners.
- Several companies across the globe have responded to this pursuit of oral hygiene for pets with a range of innovative products, including tooth brushes, toothpaste, dental chews, and dental wipes.
Increasing number of pet owners and rising awareness about dental care of pets driving the demand for pet oral care in the global market
- Humanization trends are on the rise in emerging markets. This is a huge driver for the growth of the global pet oral care market. At the same time, pet humanization trends may look very different in the unique local context of developing markets. Around 94% of pet owners indicate their pet is part of the family, and 80% treat their pets like their children.
- In developing countries such as India, pet ownership is increasing due to urbanization and rising disposable income among middle-class households, coupled with changing attitudes to pets. This is visible by the increasing number of pet spas and grooming centers which are becoming pet-friendly, with some even hosting special events and pool parties for dogs.
Impact of COVID-19 on the Market
- The pandemic did not have a major impact on the industry, as these products fall under the category of day to day consumption products
- Concerns about hygiene have resulted in increased usage of pet oral care products from residential end-users
- On the other hand, the market may have been impacted by commercial customer demand, as at various places globally, several vets had to shut down their operations, resulting in low consumption of pet oral care products
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Pet Oral Care Market, Request for a Sample
Rising awareness regarding pet oral hygiene: Key demand side trend
- To majority of pet owners, vet visits are a substantial expense, and this in response has encouraged them to keep their pets healthier in a cost-effective manner. Dental ailments are an expanding focus of pet owners, which is anticipated to result in increased demand for products and solutions catering to the health & wellness of the pets.
- The trend is likely to benefit manufacturers offering products with natural ingredients and formulated for diversified dental & health conditions of the pets.
North America to Hold Leading Share of the Global Pet Oral Care Market
- In terms of geography, the global pet oral care market can be divided into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- Country and sub-region analysis of North America features the U.S., Canada, and Rest of North America. Analysis and forecast of the pet oral care market in Europe includes markets across the U.K., Germany, France, and Rest of Europe. Similarly, Asia Pacific includes India, China, Japan, and Rest of Asia Pacific. Middle East & Africa includes the market analysis and forecast of GCC, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa. The pet oral care market in South America is segmented into Brazil and Rest of South America.
- North America dominated the global pet oral care market in 2018, attributed to higher adoption rate of pet oral care in the region. Growth in population and increasing environmental concerns have been driving the pet oral care market in North America, particularly in the U.S and Canada.
- The pet oral care market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace, followed by North America and Europe during the forecast period
Key Players Operating in the Pet Oral Care Market
The global pet oral care market is highly competitive, owing to the presence of several global and regional players. Major players are adopting various strategies such as regional expansion and product portfolio expansion to consolidate their position in the market. A few key players operating in the global pet oral care market are:
- AllAccem Inc.
- Colgate- Palmolive Company
- Dechra Pharmaceuticals plc
- Petzlife Products
- imRex Inc.
- Merial (Part of Boehringer Ingelheim)
- Healthymouth LLC.
- Vetoquinol SA
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Pet Oral Care Market: Research Scope
Global Pet Oral Care Market, by Product Type
- Tooth Brush
- Tooth Paste
- Dental Wash
- Dental Chews
Global Pet Oral Care Market, by Pet Type
Global Pet Oral Care Market, by End-user
Global Pet Oral Care Market, by Distribution Channel
- E-commerce Websites
- Company Owned Websites
- Departmental Store
Global Pet Oral Care Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.