Pet Oral Care – Introduction
- Just like humans, pets also need both professional as well as at-home dental care for healthy gums and teeth.
- Rising importance of dental care for pets has resulted in increased demand for innovative dental care products from pet owners.
- Several companies across the globe have responded to this pursuit of oral hygiene for pets with a range of innovative products, including tooth brushes, toothpaste, dental chews, and dental wipes.
Increasing number of pet owners and rising awareness about dental care of pets driving the demand for pet oral care in the global market
- Humanization trends are on the rise in emerging markets. This is a huge driver for the growth of the global pet oral care market. At the same time, pet humanization trends may look very different in the unique local context of developing markets. Around 94% of pet owners indicate their pet is part of the family, and 80% treat their pets like their children.
- In developing countries such as India, pet ownership is increasing due to urbanization and rising disposable income among middle-class households, coupled with changing attitudes to pets. This is visible by the increasing number of pet spas and grooming centers which are becoming pet-friendly, with some even hosting special events and pool parties for dogs.
Impact of COVID-19 on the Market
- The pandemic did not have a major impact on the industry, as these products fall under the category of day to day consumption products
- Concerns about hygiene have resulted in increased usage of pet oral care products from residential end-users
- On the other hand, the market may have been impacted by commercial customer demand, as at various places globally, several vets had to shut down their operations, resulting in low consumption of pet oral care products
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Pet Oral Care Market, Request for a Sample
Rising awareness regarding pet oral hygiene: Key demand side trend
- To majority of pet owners, vet visits are a substantial expense, and this in response has encouraged them to keep their pets healthier in a cost-effective manner. Dental ailments are an expanding focus of pet owners, which is anticipated to result in increased demand for products and solutions catering to the health & wellness of the pets.
- The trend is likely to benefit manufacturers offering products with natural ingredients and formulated for diversified dental & health conditions of the pets.
North America to Hold Leading Share of the Global Pet Oral Care Market
- In terms of geography, the global pet oral care market can be divided into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- Country and sub-region analysis of North America features the U.S., Canada, and Rest of North America. Analysis and forecast of the pet oral care market in Europe includes markets across the U.K., Germany, France, and Rest of Europe. Similarly, Asia Pacific includes India, China, Japan, and Rest of Asia Pacific. Middle East & Africa includes the market analysis and forecast of GCC, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa. The pet oral care market in South America is segmented into Brazil and Rest of South America.
- North America dominated the global pet oral care market in 2018, attributed to higher adoption rate of pet oral care in the region. Growth in population and increasing environmental concerns have been driving the pet oral care market in North America, particularly in the U.S and Canada.
- The pet oral care market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace, followed by North America and Europe during the forecast period
Key Players Operating in the Pet Oral Care Market
The global pet oral care market is highly competitive, owing to the presence of several global and regional players. Major players are adopting various strategies such as regional expansion and product portfolio expansion to consolidate their position in the market. A few key players operating in the global pet oral care market are:
- AllAccem Inc.
- Colgate- Palmolive Company
- Dechra Pharmaceuticals plc
- Petzlife Products
- imRex Inc.
- Merial (Part of Boehringer Ingelheim)
- Healthymouth LLC.
- Vetoquinol SA
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Pet Oral Care Market: Research Scope
Global Pet Oral Care Market, by Product Type
- Tooth Brush
- Tooth Paste
- Dental Wash
- Dental Chews
Global Pet Oral Care Market, by Pet Type
Global Pet Oral Care Market, by End-user
Global Pet Oral Care Market, by Distribution Channel
- E-commerce Websites
- Company Owned Websites
- Departmental Store
Global Pet Oral Care Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!