In present day world, plastics are found everywhere – in wrappers, containers, and bottles. Plastics are extremely recyclable and versatile. With recycling, it is not only the harmful impacts of plastics that are mitigated but also those plastics can be reused. However, not all types of plastics can be recycled in the same way.
Mentioned below are the different types of plastics that are found almost everywhere:
- PET (Polyethylene Terephthalate) – It is usually found in mouthwash, perishable food containers and beverage bottles. This type of plastics is usually regarded as safe ones. However, it absorbs the flavors and odors of the edible items stored in them.
- HDPE (High Density Polyethylene) - It is another type of plastic that is considered safe and are easily recycled. HDPE products come with an extremely low risk of getting into liquids and food items. This kind of plastic is found in body wash bottles, milk jugs, and yogurt tubs. Many of the children’s toys are made of this plastic material.
- PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride) - Polyvinyl Chloride find ample use as windows and medical equipment, plumbing pipes, food wrap, and tiles. This is one of the most harmful plastics as they seldom get recycled and causes various ailments owing toits harmful content. It is capable of causing developmental issues in infants and children and lives diseases among all age groups.
- LDPE (Low-Density Polyethylene) – These days more recycling programs are starting to recycle LDPE plastics. It is a very safe and clean LDPE plastic. It is commonly found in frozen food containers, plastic wraps, squeezable bottles, and grocery bags.
- PP (Polypropylene) – Polypropylene is also regarded as safe plastic and is quite strong. It is mostly found in yogurt containers, syrup bottles, Tupperware, and medicine bottles.
The global PET bottle recycling market is gathering momentum owing to increased awareness about environment friendliness and the harmful effects of plastics on the environment. In addition, government initiatives restricting the use of plastics coupled with restrictions on the import of plastic is likely to open up new avenues of growth for the global PET bottle recycling market. North America is forecasted to account for lion’s share of the global PET bottle recycling market over the forecast tenure.
PET Bottle Recycling Market: An Effective Method of Recycling To Curb the Adverse Impact of Plastic on the Environment.
- PET bottle recycling is a process of plastic waste recovery and to turn the waste material into useful products.
- Off late, the manufacture and the usage of plastics has been increased significantly that has led to large amount of plastic waste that causes environmental concerns in terms of pollution. Conventional method of waste disposal is landfill. However, many countries across the globe are facing severe reduction in landfill areas.
- Furthermore, the landfill method of waste disposal has long term risks of contamination of natural resources such as soil and ground water. It can also lead to marine pollution.
- The recycling process of PET bottle aids to increase the reuse of plastic material. The pollution levels can be reduced by converting PET bottles into lower grade plastics. The carbon dioxide emissions can be reduced along with reduction waste can be achieved by PET bottle recycling process.
- PET bottle recycling is widely used in various applications such as beverages, packaging, personal care, consumer goods, and pharmaceuticals. Among these applications, packaging is a leading segment holding major share of the market. PET bottle recycling is performed by chemical recycling and mechanical recycling. Mechanical recycling holds the significant share in global PET bottle recycling market.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the PET Bottle Recycling Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers of PET Bottle Recycling Market
- Demand for plastic bottles has been increasing due to the improvement in lifestyle of consumers, primarily in emerging economies across the globe. The ease of collection and established network of collecting and sorting of used PET bottles are driving the demand for PET bottle recycling
- Furthermore, the key raw material of PET bottle is petroleum products. The recycling of used products is viable for manufacturers than new manufacture of bottles. This is positively impacting the demand for PET bottle recycling.
- Rise in awareness about environmental hazards about plastic disposal and governmental initiatives are anticipated to boost the global PET bottle recycling market during the forecast period.
Rising Awareness about Ill-Effects of Conventional PET Bottle Waste Disposal to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- Landfill process of PET bottle is slow decomposition process and it leads to release of hazardous gas. Furthermore, the production of newer products requires combustion of raw materials such as fossil fuel. It results into release of excess of carbon dioxide in the environment along with depletion of non-renewable resources.
- The recycled plastics has a fraction of greenhouse gas footprint that of virgin plastics. The high quality and efficient waste management system is capable of significantly reducing the risk of plastic leaking into the environment.
- Various public and private associations are encouraging the PET bottle recycling in order to tackle the issue of plastics waste. The PET bottle recycling would allow waste plastics to be captured by facilitating the higher waste collection and recycling rates.
- Thus, the rising awareness about Ill-effects of conventional PET bottle waste disposal such as landfilling is estimated to pose an attractive opportunity for key players of PET bottle recycling market during the forecast period.
Trade Restrictions on Plastic Waste to Hamper Market:
- PET bottle recycling rates vary considerably across different countries. The recycling rate is generally low in developing and low-income countries. Importers of plastic waste including PET bottle are concentrated in small number of countries. China is the biggest market for plastic waste.
- In 2017, China has notified WTO and the Basel Convention on the Transboundary Movement of Hazardous Wastes and Their Disposal. The notification had listed 24 kinds of solid waste including PET that are prohibited the import from 1st January 2018. It has significantly affected the trade.
- China’s import restrictions have resulted into rising diversion of material into other export markets and domestic waste stockpiles. It has led to price reduction for waste plastics. Furthermore, it has triggered concerns regarding the health and environmental impacts that could result in countries affected by trade restriction considering their comparatively weak environmental & treatment standards and less developed plastics recycling facilities.
- Hence, trade restrictions on plastic waste is estimated to hinder the growth of PET bottle recycling over the forecast period.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on PET bottle recycling Market here
North America expected to hold Key Market Share in the Global PET bottle recycling Market
- Geographically, the demand for PET bottle recycling can be split across five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
- North America is a key region of the PET bottle recycling market, led by the increase in awareness about environmental sustainability in the region. The ban on landfills introduced in developed countries such as the U.S is also driving the PET bottle recycling market in the region.
- Demand for PET bottle recycling is estimated to rise at significant pace in Asia Pacific during the forecast period owing to the increase in demand for pharmaceutical and packaging materials in countries such as China, India, and Indonesia. Growth in population have augmented the demand for plastic bottles in Asia Pacific.
- Implementation of stringent environmental laws imposed by the European Union are anticipated to fuel the PET bottle recycling market in Europe. The market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is likely to expand at a sluggish pace during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in the PET bottle recycling Market:
Demand within PET bottle recycling market is fragmented due to presence of the number of local and global players. Few of the key players operating in the PET bottle recycling market include
- CarbonLITE Industries
- Indorama Ventures Public Company Limited
- CarbonLITE Industries
- Krones Ag
- Plastipak Holdings, Inc.
- UltrePET LLC
- Phoenix Technologies
- Clear Path Recycling
- Schoeller Group
- PFR Nord GmbH
Global PET bottle recycling Market: Research Scope
Global PET bottle recycling Market, by Recycling Process
Global PET bottle recycling Market, by Application
- Food & Beverages
- Personal Care
- Consumer Goods
- Others (Textile, Construction, etc.)
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.