Pesticide Adjuvant Market: Introduction
- Adjuvants can be defined as a materials added to the spray solutions to improvise the performance of pesticides. It is added to the pesticide products to improve the products’ performance.
- Adjuvants are either included in the formulations of pesticide products or added to a pesticide mixture before it is mixed in the tank. Adjuvant helps improve the ability of the active ingredient in a spray solution to target, protect, and penetrate the target organism. A key advantage of the pesticide adjuvant is to improve the physical qualities of pesticides such as solubility, adsorption, and volatility.
- Adjuvants are used in pesticide spray solutions as: wetting agents, penetrants, spreaders, co-solvents, deposit builders and stabilizing agents.
Key Drivers of Pesticide Adjuvant Market
- Rising demand for food, reduction of agricultural land and necessity to increase agricultural productivity across the globe is fueling the demand for crop protection products.
- Increase in demand for crop protection products across the globe is anticipated to drive the demand for pesticide adjuvant, as it helps increase crop yield and productivity. Increase in demand for pesticides has prompted manufacturers to develop specific targeted products.
- Rising investment in the development of new products in the crop protection industry is a key factor that is projected to boost the global pesticide adjuvant market, in terms of revenue, in the near future.
- Conventional pesticide adjuvants are synthesized from amines, sulfonates, and alkoxylates, organosilicones and their derivatives. Adjuvants contain toxins that are harmful for environment. Increasing regulations on the use of toxic pesticides has driven the shifted demand from chemical pesticide adjuvants to environment-friendly pesticide adjuvants. Leading players operating in the market are focused on the development of new bio-based products.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report here
Surfactants & emulsifiers segment to offer lucrative opportunities
- Based on product, the market can be classified into surfactants & emulsifiers, drift control agents, oil concentrates, compatibility agents, water conditioners, and other
- The surfactants & emulsifiers segment is anticipated to lead the global pesticide adjuvant market, followed by drift control agents and oil concentrates segments.
- Adjuvants are utilized as surfactants and are also termed as surface acting agents/wetter-spreaders. They helps spread droplets on the leaf so that the product is able to better penetrate through the leaf.
Insecticide segment to hold significant share of global pesticide adjuvant market
- Based on application, the global pesticide adjuvant market can be segregated into insecticides, fungicides, herbicides, and others
- The insecticides segment is anticipated to account for a prominent share of the global pesticide adjuvant market, followed by herbicide and fungicide segments
- Rising prevalence of insects and pests on various type of crops drives the demand for insecticides and other pesticides, which offers considerable opportunities to the global pesticide adjuvant market.
Agriculture segment to hold prominent share of global pesticide adjuvant market
- Based on end-use, the global pesticide adjuvant market can be split into agriculture, commercial, and consumer
- The agriculture segment is estimated to expand rapidly and account for a notable share of the global pesticide adjuvant market during the forecast period
- Rise in demand for pesticides in the agriculture sector to increase food production is a key factor driving the agriculture segment of the global pesticide adjuvant market
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report here
North America to hold notable share of global pesticide adjuvant market
- In terms of region, the global pesticide adjuvant market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is estimated to account for a prominent share of the global pesticide adjuvant market, followed by Asia Pacific and Europe. The U.S. leads the regional market in terms of volume.
- The market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. China is a prominent producer and consumer of pesticides in Asia Pacific.
Key Players in Market
The global pesticide adjuvant market was fragmented in 2018, owing to the presence of a large number of manufacturers. Manufacturers are focused on consolidation of their share in the global market by adoption of various business strategies such as new product launches, partnerships, collaborations, acquisitions, and expansion.
Key players operating in the global pesticide adjuvant market include:
- Akzo Nobel
- Clariant International
- Crodo International
- Dow Chemical
- Helena Chemical
- Land O’Lakes
Global Pesticide Adjuvant Market: Research Scope
Global Pesticide Adjuvant Market, by Product
- Surfactants & emulsifiers
- Drift control agents
- Oil concentrates
- Compatibility agents
- Water conditioners
Global Pesticide Adjuvant Market, by Application
Global Pesticide Adjuvant Market, by End-use
Global Pesticide Adjuvant Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.