Personal and Entry Level Storage (PELS) Market
Personal and Entry Level Storage (PELS) Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast, 2013 - 2019
Press Release :
The demand within the global personal entry level storage (PELS) market is slated to grow at a stellar pace in the years to follow. Growing requirement of data storage across corporate firms has played an important role in driving sales across the global personal entry level storage market. The use of data sets in a multitude of industries has compelled decision makers to induct new technologies and products.
- The emergence of personal entry level storage has enabled these industries to maintain an infallible database at various levels in the organisation. The total volume of revenues within the global personal entry level storage (PELS) market is expected to increase in the times to follow.
- Management of data is an important consideration for corporate employees and industry stakeholders. Furthermore, security of this data also holds tremendous relevance for these entities. For this reason, industrial leaders recommend using the most prolific data storage technologies by individuals and groups.
- The rising incidence of data breaches, stemming out from online hosting of data, has daunted security experts. Moreover, preference of hardware technologies over cloud-based solutions is an important consideration for market growth. The global personal entry level storage market is set to grow at a sound pace in the following years.
The global market for personal and entry level storage (PELS) is driven by increase in the amount of data generated and the need to manage this data. Growing concerns towards data storage and data backup is also contributing to the increasing demand for PELS devices, globally. In today’s knowledge driven era, it is extremely important to efficiently manage and store information. Growing use of internet, online gaming activities, have all resulted in significant rise in the digital content. Small and mid-sized organizations have now started availing cloud storage service in order to minimize capital investment. Along with the personal data storage, small and medium sized enterprises are increasingly facing issues with the management of huge amount of data. Organizations are realizing the value of data and are investing on their data storage resources accordingly. They are either outsourcing their data storage needs or opting for storage equipments such as servers and personal clouds. As a result, PELS has emerged as one of the important growth areas of storage industry. Cloud based storage is poised to be the most popular medium for data storage and data backup. One of the major reasons behind the growing popularity of cloud based storage is that no equipment cost is involved as data is stored on virtual servers. The entry-level section of the market primarily targets small office and home office (SOHO) and SMB consumers is experiencing significant growth in demand owing to Increase in vendor offerings, enhanced consumer understanding/marketing, and reduced average selling prices. Other important factor positively influencing the market is rapid growth of online gaming and other online platforms that produce large amount of data.
- Recordable discs
- Flash drives
- Hard disk drives (HDD)
- Solid state drives (SSD)
- Cloud storage
- Serial attached SCSI (SAS)
- Direct attached storage (DAS)
- Network attached storage
- Cloud storage technology
- Others (IP based storage, fiber channel storage, so on)
- Financial services
- Media and entertainment
- Healthcare and life sciences
- Public sector
- Others (communications, internet services, so on)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World (RoW)