Global Permanent Antistatic Additives Market: Introduction
- Permanent antistatic agents can be added to plastic during processing, such as extrusion or injection molding, in order to control static charges
- These additives eliminate static charges generated in the material and make plastic materials conductive. Permanent antistatic additives or non-migrating additives bind to the polymer matrix and do not migrate out of the plastic. Permanent antistatic additives are based on a co-continuous ion conductive polymer phase.
- The ions in additives serve as charge carriers and disperse static charges by making these charges mobile. Permanent antistatic additives enhance the volume conductivity and dielectric surface properties in plastic materials.
- Static buildup hinders processing and causes different issues that affect the product quality and performance. Also, it increases the risk of electric shocks.
- Permanent antistatic additives are used in various applications. They are employed to reduce dust attraction in household applications; to reduce risk of shocks in automotive applications; and to create electrostatic protection areas (EPAs) in the manufacture of electronic products.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Growth of Automotive Industry to Drive Global Permanent Antistatic Additives Market
- The automotive industry is growing, which is boosting the demand for plastic materials. This, in turn, is driving the consumption of permanent antistatic additives for use in the manufacture of polymer and resin products. This factor is driving the global permanent antistatic additives market.
- Increasing urbanization and continuously growing population are driving the global electronics industry. Rising in the demand for packaged goods, textile products, and electronic products propels the global permanent antistatic additives market.
- Rising adoption of measures for safety of the environment, increasing manufacture of high-quality eco-friendly products, emergence of new technologies, and innovation of new products are other factors boosting the market. Leading manufacturers are focusing on the development of customized technical solutions based on industrial requirements.
- Availability of substitutes for antistatic additives may hamper the global market. Stringent government regulations and volatile raw material prices may also hinder the global market.
Polyvinyl Chloride Segment to Witness Attractive Opportunities
- Based on polymer, the global permanent antistatic additives market can be segmented into polyethylene, polypropylene, polyvinyl chloride, acrylonitrile butadiene styrene, and others
- Polyvinyl chloride is anticipated to hold a major market share during the forecast period. The segment is anticipated to witness rapid growth in the near future, due to growing consumption of chloride across various end-use industries.
Automotive Segment to Witness Attractive Opportunities
- Based on end-use, the global permanent antistatic additives market can be segmented into packaging, automotive, electronics, and others
- The automotive segment held a major share of global permanent antistatic additives market in 2018, due to rising use of plastic during automobile manufacture. Permanent antistatic additives are widely used in the production of polymers and resins.
- Permanent antistatic additives reduce the static electricity buildup in plastic materials. The static charge disturbs the manufacturing process and also, results in extreme electric shocks. Static charges may cause increase in the clinging tendency of films or sheets. It can create a spark which causes fire.
Asia Pacific to Offer Attractive Opportunities to Permanent Antistatic Additives Market
- In terms of region, the global permanent antistatic additives market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to dominate the global market during the forecast period
- The market in countries such as China, India, and Indonesia are estimated to register a high growth rate during the forecast period. Rising industrialization and growing development of infrastructure are key factors driving the market in the region. Growth of the market in Asia Pacific can be ascribed to the presence of prominent manufacturers, such as ADEKA, Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, and Riken Vitamin Co., Ltd., in the region.
- North America has been a prominent manufacturer and end-user of permanent antistatic additives over the last few years. The U.S. held a major share of the permanent antistatic additives market in North America in 2018.
- Germany is projected to constitute a major share of the permanent antistatic additives market in Europe during the forecast period
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global permanent antistatic additives market is fragmented, with several regional and global manufacturers operating in the market. Prominent players operating in the market are investing in mergers, acquisitions, expansions, and launch of new products in order to maintain their leading position.
Key players operating in the global permanent antistatic additives market are:
- Arkema Group
- Croda International Plc
- BASF SE
- Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation
- Riken Vitamin Co., Ltd.
- Polyone Corporation
Global Permanent Antistatic Additives Market: Research Scope
Global Permanent Antistatic Additives Market, by Polymer
- Polyvinyl Chloride
- Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene
- Others (Including Polyamides and Styrene)
Global Permanent Antistatic Additives Market, by End-use Industry
- Others (Including Textile)
Global Permanent Antistatic Additives Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.