Perfluoroalkoxy Market: Overview
- Perfluoroalkoxy is a copolymer of hexafluoropropylene and perfluoroethers. High melt strength, melt flow rate, and thermal stability are properties offered by this material in various end-use industries such as chemical processing, food & beverage, medical, etc.
- Perfluoroalkoxy is extensively used to prevent corrosion, due to equipment failures and leakages at the time of chemical processing and manufacturing operations. In order to prevent corrosion, perfluoroalkoxy offers chemical resistance and anti-stick, making them ideal corrosion inhibitor for coatings on metallic substrates, thus resulting in low cost and increased lifespan of manufacturing equipment.
Key Drivers of Global Perfluoroalkoxy Market
- Perfluoroalkoxy is fluoro polymer, which possesses characteristics such as high heat resistance, chemical resistance, low smoke & flame, high dielectric strength, and resistance to weather & aging
- Ability of perfluoroalkoxy to dissipate less energy at high frequencies and their high insulating ability make them an ideal material for use in the production of cables for the electronics & semiconductor industry. Growing demand for cables, owing to increased investments in power transmission and distribution systems is expected to drive the global electronics & semiconductor sector. This, in turn, is expected to boost the production of perfluoroalkoxy during the forecast period.
- Attributes of perfluoroalkoxy such as their resistance to chemical attack, high optical transparency, and flexibility makes them a suitable material for the production of tubing. Owing to these attributes, perfluoroalkoxy is extensively used for fluid handling applications for industries, including chemical processing, food & beverages, automotive, aerospace & defense, medical, etc.
- Perfluoroalkoxy is used for plastic lab equipment due to its extreme resistance to chemical attack, optical transparency, and flexibility. In plastic lab equipment, perfluoroalkoxy is also often used as tubing for handling highly corrosive fluids and sheet linings for chemical equipment. Perfluoroalkoxy liners are excellent materials for replacing expensive metals and alloys such as inconel or hastelloy with lined carbon steel or lined fiber reinforced plastic.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
High Competition from Substitutes to Hamper Global Perfluoroalkoxy Market
- Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) is a fluorocarbon, which is hydrophobic in nature and possesses very low coefficient of friction. It offers higher resistance to heat and low coefficient of friction than perfluoroalkoxy. However, the surface finish of perfluoroalkoxy is smoother than that of PTFE and have dielectric strength three to four times higher than PTFE. Additionally, perfluoroalkoxy also offers superior flexibility as compared to PTFE, mainly for tubing applications.
- Perfluoroalkoxy offers high chemical resistance, but is less than that of fluorinated polymers such as PTFE and fluorinated ethylene propylene (FEP), as the perfluoroalkoxy is not fully fluorinated
Asia Pacific to Hold Prominent Share of Global Perfluoroalkoxy Market
- In terms of region, the global perfluoroalkoxy market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is expected to be a leading consumer of perfluoroalkoxy across the globe. Rapid expansion of the building & construction sector is likely to fuel the demand for wires and cables in the near future. Furthermore, rise in research and development activities in the aerospace and defense sector is projected to drive the demand for wires and cables during the forecast period. This, in turn, is projected to fuel the demand for perfluoroalkoxy, owing to their excellent ability of dissipating less energy at high frequencies and high insulating ability.
- Perfluoroalkoxy market in Europe and North America is well established and providers of perfluoroalkoxy such as Solvay SA, AGC Chemicals Europe, Ltd. are extensively engaged in increasing their production capacity, new product launches, and quality of the existing products
- This perfluoroalkoxy market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is projected to expand at a slow rate, as manufacturers across these regions are dependent on imports from developed nations in order to meet the demand for perfluoroalkoxy
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Players Operating in Global Perfluoroalkoxy Market
Global perfluoroalkoxy market has a presence of a large number of major manufacturers and a few small companies. Key players operating in the global perfluoroalkoxy market include:
- Alfa Chemicals Ltd
- Solvay SA
- AGC Chemicals Europe, Ltd.
- Zeus Industrial Products, Inc.
Global Perfluoroalkoxy Market: Research Scope
Global Perfluoroalkoxy Market, by Processing Method
- Injection Molding
- Powder Coating
- Compression Molding
- Transfer Molding
Global Perfluoroalkoxy Market, by Application
- Film & Sheets
- Pipe & Tubing
- Fittings & Housings
- Wires & Cables
- Sheet Lining
Global Perfluoroalkoxy Market, by End-use Industry
- Oil & Gas
- Chemical Processing
- Electricals & Semiconductor
- Food & Beverages
- Aerospace & Defense
- Others (textile, pulp & paper, etc.)
Global Perfluoroalkoxy Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.