Penetrating Oil: Introduction
- Penetrating oils have low viscosity; therefore, they can be easily applied. Penetrating oil can easily enter the narrow/thin spaces between the threads of any two parts. It is usually used to free mechanical parts (bolts and nuts) that are rusted, so that they can be detached. It is also used as a corrosion stopper or general-purpose lubricant. These oils make nuts and bolts easy to remove. It is also used for industrial plant and home-care functions.
- Penetrating oil lubricates products in a short span of time. It reduces friction, but can easily get contaminated as the fluid contains a volatile solvent. After evaporation, it leaves a residual film. The addition of penetrating lubricant additives enhances the longevity of the liquid.
- Initially, penetrating oil was the commonly used wood floor finish option. However, with the discovery of polyurethane and its numerous applications, usage of penetrating oil has somewhat diminished. Polyurethanes are mixtures of synthetic resins that form a protective coating on the floor surface. However, a different trend has emerged with finishes recently. There has been a subtle shift from traditional polyurethane finishes toward oiled finishes over the last few years. This shift in trend can be primarily ascribed to the constant consumer demand for green products and processes.
- Polyurethane finish systems, when applied on top of a wood floor, create a wear layer upon which people can stand. Penetrating fluid completely integrates itself into the wood. Some penetrating fluids might also contain hardening agents, which create a finish system that can soak into the wood and harden it. Penetrating oil has better durability than polyurethane. Thus, consumer preference has shifted toward the usage of penetrating oil, as it offers high quality. This is anticipated to offer significant growth opportunities to the penetrating oil market across the globe.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Penetrating Oil Market
- Penetrating oil is used significantly in industrial applications due to its high volatility. Custom-designed oils and products are ideal for pneumatics, lubricating chains, and wire ropes. Penetrating oils strengthen wood. They penetrate, oxidize, and harden the wood from within, which protects the flooring from inside. These fuels also make the sheen of naturally oiled floor low compared to oil-modified or waterborne urethane. This is expected to propel the market during the forecast period. However, the need for frequent maintenance and care, depending on the location of its application, is expected to hinder the penetrating oil market in the near future.
Penetrating Oil: Type Segment
- In terms of type, the global penetrating oil market can be segmented into industrial grade and food grade
- The industrial grade segment is expected to account for significant share of the global penetrating oil market during the forecast period
- The food grade segment is likely to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, due to the expansion of the food & beverages industry around the globe
Penetrating Oil: Application Segment
- In terms of end-use, the global penetrating oil can be segmented into plumbing, marine, automotive, construction, agriculture, food & beverages, and others
- The automotive segment is estimated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. It is projected to be followed by the construction segment.
- The food & beverages segment is likely to expand at a healthy CAGR during the forecast period, owing to the increase in usage of penetrating oil in the food & beverages industry
Covid-19 Impact on Penetrating Oil Market
- On January 30, 2020, the International Health Regulations Emergency Committee of the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak a public health emergency of international concern. Originating in China, the virus has spread to at least 213 countries and territories around the world.
- Several governments and private sector businesses are operating at a limited capacity or have ceased operations completely due to recent events surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic
- Manufacture of various consumer goods and other products across the globe has come to a halt due to the unavailability of raw materials, shortage of labor, etc. This is expected to hamper the global penetrating oil market.
North America to Dominate Penetrating Oil Market
- In terms of region, the global penetrating oil market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is anticipated to continue its dominance of the market throughout the forecast period. Currently, the U.S. accounts for the leading share of the penetrating oil market in the region. The country is anticipated to remain the largest market for penetrating oil in North America during the forecast period. Asia Pacific is projected to be a rapidly growing region of the global penetrating oil market in the next few years. Increase in demand for penetrating oil as a flooring material and rapid rise in need for penetrating oil in marine and agriculture applications are anticipated to drive the penetrating oil market in Asia Pacific.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Penetrating Oil Market
The global penetrating oil market was consolidated in 2020. Major players have prominent presence in developed and developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the global penetrating oil market include:
- OKS Spezialschmierstoffe
- Anti-Seize Technology
- Lubrication Engineers
- Setral Chemie
- LPS Laboratories
- Anti-Seize Technology
Global Penetrating Oil Market: Research Scope
Global Penetrating Oil Market, by Type
- Industrial Grade
- Food Grade
Global Penetrating Oil Market, by Application
- Food & Beverages
Global Penetrating Oil Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.