Market Outlook of Pearlizing Agent
Pearlizing agents are cosmetic ingredients primarily used to give a shimmering effect or pearlescent effect in cleansing cosmetic products which helps the manufacturers to enhance the visual appeal of their products. They are being used in the formulation of cosmetic products with concentration ranging from 0.1% to 10%. Apart from the pearlescent effect, pearlizing agents also function as opacifiers, dispersants, emulsifiers and viscosity modifiers. For instance, pearlizing agents are being used commercially in the formulation of shampoos by making them less transparent and more pearly, thus providing them a more desirable appearance. The pearlizing agent market is dominated by glycol stearate derivatives, however, mica coated with the high refractive index metal oxide coating is also gaining traction in the market which is anticipated to bolster the growth of penalizing agent market over the forecast period.
Marketing image of pearlescent cleansing cosmetic product is always associated to be more superior when compared to clear cleansing cosmetic products, as people perceive cleansing cosmetic products with pearlescent effects to be more luxurious and rich in ingredients (balsam, oils etc.), thus making the product to be more attractive to the consumers which is anticipated to drive the growth of global pearlizing agent market over the forecast period. Moreover, the global cosmetic market is poised to have steady growth rate over the forecast period attributed to increasing awareness towards self-grooming in both men and women and high shelf visibility in developing regions, which is anticipated to supplement the growth of pearlizing agent market over the forecast period
However, attributed to increasing adoption of cosmetics with more natural ingredients is expected to restrain the growth of pearlizing agents which are characterized as a synthetic ingredient. Besides, pH restriction of pearlizing agents also limits their application, the requirement of high temperature during the formulation and compatibility issue of pearlizing agent with cationic ingredients is expected to hamper the growth of pearlizing agent over the forecast period.
Reasons for Covering This Title
One of the major characteristics of pearlizing agents, especially glycol stearate derivatives from the commercial viewpoint is that they are highly stable thus, they have low acute oral toxicity, eye and skin irritation on repetitive usage which is further validated by various clinical studies. This is anticipated to increase the demand for pearlizing agents thus driving the growth of pearlizing agents market over the forecast period.
Pearlizing agents offer versatile functionality, apart from giving a nacreous appearance to the cosmetic products. Pearlizing agents are also used to hide opaque appearance which is caused by poor incorporation of soluble additives. Moreover, pearlizing agents also help in the improvement of foam quality. This additional functionality helps the manufacturer in cutting down total production cost while offering the quality product which is anticipated to increase the traction of the Pearlizing agent in the market.
Global Pearlizing Agent: Market Segmentation
On the basis of product type, the global pearlizing Agent market has been segmented as –
- Ethylene Glycol Monostearate
- Ethylene Glycol Distearate
- Blends (Chemical formulations with glycol stearate)
On the basis of form, the global pearlizing Agent market has been segmented as –
- Semisolid (Wax)
On the basis of application, the global pearlizing Agent market has been segmented as –
- Personal Care
- Body Wash
- Foam baths
- Facial Cleansers
- Liquid Soaps
- Home Care
- Fine laundry detergents
- Fabric softeners
- Dish washing Liquids
- Decorative Cosmetics
Global Pearlizing Agent Market: Key Players
Some of the key players operating in the global Pearlizing Agent market are Lubrizol, BASF, Spec-Chem Industry Inc., Vantage Specialty Chemicals, Inc., Hallstar, Cedar Concepts Corporation, INOLEX Incorporated, Ashland, Clariant, Koster Keunen, Inc., Galaxy Surfactants Ltd. and among others
Pearlizing Agent Market Opportunities
Pearlizing agents are anticipated to witness a high demand in developing regions such as Asia and the Middle East and Africa, wherein owing to increasing per capita income has resulted in a higher spending on personal care products. Thus creating a lucrative opportunity for manufacturers to expand their operations.
Brief Approach to Research on Pearlizing Agent Market
A modelling-based approach and triangulation methodology will be followed to estimate data covered in this report. A detailed market understanding and assessment of the applications, types, forms and end uses of the product segments covered in the study is followed by carrying out a demand-side approach to estimate the sales of target product segments, which is then cross-referenced with a supply-side assessment of value generated over a pre-defined period. The statistics and data is collected at a regional level, consolidated and synthesized at a global level to estimate the overall market sizes.
Key Data Points Covered in the Pearlizing Agent Report -
Some of the key data points covered in our report on include:
- An overview of the pearlizing agent market, including background and evolution
- Macroeconomic factors affecting the pearlizing agent market and its potential
- Market dynamics, such as drivers, challenges and trends
- Detailed value chain analysis of the pearlizing agent market
- Cost structure of the products and segments covered in the study
- In-depth pricing analysis, by key product segments, regions and by major participants in the pearlizing agent market
- Analysis of pearlizing agent supply and demand, such as top producing and consuming geographies, imports/exports and overall trade scenario
- Analysis of the pearlizing agent market structure, including a tier-wise categorization of key market participants
- Competitive landscape of the pearlizing agent market, including detailed profiles of the top players in this market
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.