Pea Fiber Market: Outlook
Dietary fibers are an essential nutrient for the maintenance of human health and pose strong physiological effects on the human body. Pea fiber, a widely used plant-based dietary fiber is extracted from the pods/seeds of the pea plant. Pea fiber is commonly used as a food additive to increase the amount of fiber in food products such as bread, tortillas, pasta, snack foods, biscuits, crackers, nutrition bars, and dietary supplements. The food manufacturers are incorporating pea fibers in the different end food products in order to enhance the fiber nutrient profile of the food product. The US Dietary Guidelines identify fiber as a nutrient of concern because most Americans do not consume the recommended dietary fiber intake is 14g/1,000 kcal which is estimated to be a daily intake of 25g (female) or 38g (male).
In recent years, the pea food is also gaining traction in pet foods, especially in premium, holistic and alternative product formats. Pea fiber used in pet food is termed as a "functional fiber". It is added as a filler in a variety of mass-marketed pet foods to provide appropriate nutrition to dogs and cats.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Incorporation of dietary fiber with plant-based ingredients is demanded by the manufacturers to enhance the nutrient profile of end product
Pea fiber, an essential dietary fiber serves wide benefits such as aids in achieving healthy weight, benefits in digestion, helps control blood sugar levels, lowers cholesterol levels, increased mineral absorption, and helps maintain bowel health and many others which makes it an important ingredient to be incorporated in food products without hampering the taste and texture of the end food product. Thus, the pea fiber aids in digestion by maintaining the flow of waste through the digestive tract and keeping gut bacteria healthy.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape , ask for a customized report
Global Pea Fiber Market: Segmentation
The global Pea Fiber market can be segmented based on nature, end-use industry and region.
By nature, the global Pea Fiber market is segmented as –
By end-use industry, the global Pea Fiber market is segmented as –
- Food Industry
- Bakery Products
- Breakfast Cereals
- Meat Products
- Dietary Supplements
- Pharmaceutical Industry
- Pet Food & Animal Feed
By region, the global Pea Fiber market is segmented as –
- North America
- Latin America
- South Asia
- East Asia
- Middle East & Africa
Global Pea Fiber Market: Key Players
Example of some of the key participants operating in the global Pea Fiber market are Vestkorn Milling AS, A&B Ingredients, Roquette Frères Company, AGT Food and Ingredients, Parrheim Foods, Shandong Jianyuan Foods, Yantai Oriental Protein Tech Co., Ltd., Ingredion Incorporated, SunOptra Ingredients Group, J. RETTENMAIER & Söhne Group, among others.
Robust research & development activities and expansion of the range of product portfolio are the major focus areas of the manufacturers in order to cater the demand for Pea Fiber from the end-user industries such as food and pharmaceutical industry as well as for pet food products.
Pea Fiber Market: Activities of the Participants
- Roquette Frères Company, a France-based manufacturer and supplier of food ingredients, launched the USA Nutriose, a soluble fiber obtained from yellow peas, in order to meet the demand for plant-based food ingredients and meet consumer desires. The yellow pea has a reliable source of origin, it is a non-GMO, gluten-free, Halal and Kosher certified and is not a major allergen.
- SunOptra Ingredients Group, has launched and expanded its range of functional fibers in order to include organic and conventional pea fiber. SunOptra Pea Fiber contains 90% dietary fiber. It is a novel fiber and is widely used for inclusions in bakery and meat products in order to make dietary fiber claims.
Opportunities for the Market Participants
The Pea Fiber market is projected to be positively influenced by the manufacturers who are continuously working on new research projects and launching new products containing pea fiber containing end food products. The manufacturers of Pea Fiber can reach potential market sectors in order to gain maximum market share and increase their global sales.
Pea Fiber Market: Brief Approach to Research
The analysis will be done on the modeling-based approach and triangulation methodology to estimate the data covered in this report. A detailed market understanding and assessment of the origin, source and distribution channel of the product segments covered in the study is followed by carrying out a demand-side approach to estimate the sale of target product segments, which is then cross-referenced with a supply-side assessment of value generated over a pre-defined period. The statistics and data are collected at a regional level, consolidated and synthesized at a global level to estimate the overall market size.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.