PC Accessories Market: Introduction
- Computers have become advanced with a large number of different accessories attached to them. An accessory is a device that is connected to a computer but is not a part of it. Computers are equipped with required accessories in order to carry out all the tasks more efficiently. Printers, keyboards and mice, external hard drives, webcams, headphones, and many more, are PC accessories/products. Printers, keyboards, and mouse are the most commonly used PC accessories in both residential and commercial sectors. It is expected that the PC accessories market will witness growth during the forecast period.
Key Drivers and Opportunities of the Global PC Accessories Market
- Popularity of online gaming is increasing worldwide. Online gaming requires technologically advanced accessories such as mechanical switch keyboards, mouse, and headphones that help the consumer to perform better. This will lead to an increase in demand for PC accessories. Major players are manufacturing customized PC accessories for the online gaming industry. This factor is expected to contribute significantly toward the growth of the global PC accessories market.
- The global PC accessories market is expected to rise due to increase in usage of accessories such as keyboards, mouse, and printers by various IT companies, schools, and colleges, etc. Moreover, adoption of automation in small and mid-sized industries is a prime factor driving the growth of the PC accessories market.
- Key manufacturers of PC accessories are investing in research & development projects, and new materials, and introducing a number of new products based on advanced technologies. In addition, companies are focusing on aggressive promotion, participation, and marketing in trade expos in order to improve their market position and increase market share. This is further expected to propel the PC accessories market during the forecast period.
- Many companies have shifted to working from home due to the Covid-19 pandemic, and similarly, schools and colleges have also shifted to the online medium. This factor has suddenly increased the demand for laptops and desktop computers and subsequently led to increase in production and manufacturing of laptops, desktops, and their related accessories. Demand for desktops and laptops is expected to remain high during the forecast period which in turn will impact the demand for PC accessories positively during the forecast period
North America to hold Major Share in the Global PC Accessories Market
- In terms of region, the PC accessories market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America is expected to be the dominant global PC accessories market during the forecast period due to the presence of major computer and computer accessories manufacturers in the region. Furthermore, the expanding IT industry, supported by constantly developing technology, is expected to increase the demand for PC accessories in this region.
- The market in Asia Pacific is expected to witness highest CAGR during the forecast period due to increasing disposable income, demand for technologically advanced products, and improving economic status of middle class consumers.
Key Players Operating in the Global PC Accessories Market
Major players operating in the global PC accessories market includes:
- HP Inc.
- Toshiba International Corporation
- Western Digital Corp.
- Lexmark International Inc.
- Turtle Beach Corp.
- Microsoft Corp.
- Seiko Epson Crop.
- Dell Computer Corp.
- Canon Inc.
- Seagate Technology Public Ltd. Co.
Global PC Accessories Market: Research Scope
Global PC Accessories Market, by Product
- Web cams
- External HDD
- Other (Microphone, Uninterruptible Power supply (UPS), Universal Serial Bus (USB), etc.)
Global PC Accessories Market, by Price
Global PC Accessories Market, by End-use
- Educational Institutions
- Game Parlor
- Other (Internet Cafes, etc.)
Global PC Accessories Market, by Distribution Channel
- E- commerce Websites
- Company Owned Websites
- Hypermarket & Supermarket
- Specialty Stores
- Other Retail Stores
Global PC Accessories Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America