Global Pay TV Services Market - Introduction
- Pay TV services are a package of content wherein a customer leases a set-top box or proprietary coaxial cable. Pay TV generally includes subscription-based content such as newly released movies or sporting events, which are only supplied on demand.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Impact of Coronavirus (COVID-19) on the Pay TV Services Market
Lockdowns across major regions (Europe, Asia, and North America) due to an increase in the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) has a positive impact on the pay TV services market. Nowadays, people are focusing majorly on content delivery platforms such as cable TV, Netflix, and Amazon Prime, which are expected to influence the growth of the pay TV services market.
Unveiling of Popular Reality Shows Coupled with New Channels Driving the Global Pay TV Services Market
- Data analytics generally enable insights regarding public preferences and the content type that usually gain traction. Popular reality shows and new channels have emerged to provide content to audiences worldwide. Likewise, the television sector is also focusing on reality shows as they are found to be more productive in terms of advertisements. Additionally, seasonal subscriptions are also growing owing to sports tournaments; some of the pay TV service providers offer seasonal subscriptions and then recall their customers thereafter.
- Personalized subscriptions enable customers to protect on their channels that they don’t watch usually. It’s a responsibility or a facility which is also employing in favor of PayTV vendors. These type of subscriptions also enable the advertising sector to place their messages on suitable platforms from where they can easily reach the public or customers.
- Therefore, the unveiling of popular reality shows coupled with new channels is driving the pay TV services market.
Increasing Trend of OTT Media Expected to Hamper the Market
- The dominance of OTT media is a threat to the pay TV market worldwide. Mobile subscribers are likely to reach 5 billion by 2025 as per Global System for Mobile Communications (GSMA). This prediction is bound to lead to a rise in OTT subscribers specifically for OTT streaming platforms.
- Therefore, increasing trend of OTT media is expected to hamper the global pay TV services market.
Looking for exclusive expert insights from business experts? Request a custom report here
North America to Account for Major Share of the Global Pay TV Services Market
- In terms of region, the global pay TV services market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is anticipated to account for major share of the global pay TV services market during the forecast period due to increasing focus on adoption of the Integrated Broadband-Broadcast (IBB) system by pay TV service providers in the region, indicating potential growth of the market. Europe is expected to be the second largest market for pay TV services from 2020 to 2030.
- Asia Pacific is projected to be a rapidly growing market for pay TV services during the forecast period due to increasing demand for High Definition (HD) video content, specifically in India, Japan, and China.
Key Players Operating in the Global Pay TV Services Market Include:
- CANAL+ GROUP
- France Télévisions
- M6 Group
- Noos Numericable
- Orange TV
- SFR Group
Global Pay TV Services Market: Research Scope
Global Pay TV Services Market, by Type
- Cable TV
- Satellite TV
- Internet Protocol TV (IPTV)
- Integration & Support
- Report & Maintenance
Global Pay TV Services Market, by Delivery Mode
- Digital Terrestrial Broadcast
- Satellite Broadcast
- Cable Television Broadcasting
- Internet Protocol Television (IPTV)
Global Pay TV Services Market, by Service Provider
- Cable Service Provider
- IPTV Service Provider
Global Pay TV Services Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.