Passenger Boarding Bridges: Introduction
- A passenger boarding bridge is commonly known as air bridge, jet bridge, or sky bridge.
- Passenger boarding bridges are used for passenger movement between the airport terminals and aircraft scheduled to take off, and after landing.
- Passenger boarding bridges are segmented by type (movable passenger boarding bridge, fixed passenger boarding bridge), by model (apron drive bridge, dual boarding bridge system, commuter bridge, over-the-wing bridge, nose-loader bridge, and T-bridge), by tunnel type (air-conditioned, un-air-conditioned), and by region.
Rise in Demand for Over-the-wing Bridge
- Based on model, the over-the-wing bridge segment is likely to be the fastest growing segment and hold a dominant share of the global passenger boarding bridges market during the forecast period.
- Passenger boarding bridges are majorly used to ferry passengers. The rise in usage of larger aircraft with wide-body and multiple doors propels the need for passenger boarding bridges, thus driving the growth of the global passenger boarding bridges market.
- Moreover, larger aircrafts have experienced steady growth over the last few years, catering to increased passenger capacity. Growth in larger aircrafts is expected to drive the demand for over-the-wing bridge passenger boarding bridges.
- In March 2019, ADELTE - The Boarding Company received contracts from three cruise ports in the US to provide a total of six seaport passenger boarding bridges for their cruise terminals.
- Long life cycle of passenger boarding bridges and slowdown in international traveling due to COVID-19 hinders the growth of the global passenger boarding bridges market.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Passenger Boarding Bridges Market, Request for a Sample
Asia Pacific to Lead the Passenger Boarding Bridges Market
- In terms of region, the global passenger boarding bridges market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- Asia Pacific is expected to be the fastest growing region and hold a dominant share in the passenger boarding bridges market during the forecast period due to increasing demand from countries such as Japan, China, Taiwan, Indonesia, South Korea, Australia, and India.
- Furthermore, domestic and international airline operators in the region are planning to enhance their services and initiate the modernizing of existing airport infrastructure. These factors are advancing the passenger boarding bridges market in the APAC region.
- North America holds the second largest share of the passenger boarding bridges market due to large number of airports in the United States and a mature airport market in the country.
- The passenger boarding bridges market in Europe is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period. On the other hand, the market in Middle East & Africa, and South America is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in the Global Passenger Boarding Bridges Market
The global passenger boarding bridges market was highly fragmented in 2019. Major players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancements and expansion to meet the rising demand for passenger boarding bridges. Moreover, manufacturers are undertaking mergers and acquisitions for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global passenger boarding bridges market include:
- ThyssenKrupp AG
- John Bean Technologies Corp.
- CIMC Ltd.
- FMT Aircraft AB
- ADELTE - The Boarding Company
- ShinMaywa Industries, Ltd.
- ThyssenKrupp AG
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Passenger Boarding Bridges Market: Research Scope
Global Passenger Boarding Bridges Market, by Type
- Movable Passenger Boarding Bridge
- Fixed Passenger Boarding Bridge
Global Passenger Boarding Bridges Market, by Model
- Apron Drive Bridge
- Dual Boarding Bridge System
- Commuter Bridge
- Over-the-wing Bridge
- Nose-loader Bridge
Global Passenger Boarding Bridges Market, by Tunnel Type
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.