Paper Pulp Disposable Tableware Market
Paper Pulp Disposable Tableware Market (Product: Plates, Cups, Bowls, Others; Customer: Household, Commercial (Hotels, Restaurants, Parties & Catering, Corporate Offices & Breakrooms); Distribution Channel: Online, Offline) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
- Consumer Goods & Services
- 111 Pages
Paper Pulp Disposable Tableware Market – Rising Environmental Awareness to Redefine Horizons
Due to the environmental adversities of petroleum-based plastic tableware products, natural fiber or paper pulp-based disposable alternatives have come to the fore. Pulp-based products are considered to be game-changing to serve the vast demand for disposable tableware among various end users.
Paper pulp disposable tableware is replete with advantageous attributes, with biodegradability and environment sustainability foremost among them. Also, these products are considered a marvel in terms of both, material and production process. Mostly, paper pulp for disposable tableware is procured from agricultural residues that are locally available. This ensures the shortening of transport routes along with the creation of value for local produce. Bagasse, cornstarch, sugarcane, and bamboo are some biodegradable products that are used to produce molded pulp paper food containers and tableware, including plates, bowls, platters, trays, and lunch boxes.
In the developing economies of the world, economic growth and changing lifestyles, along with environmental awareness, have led to a spurt in the demand for paper pulp disposable tableware among various end users. This prompted Transparency Market Research (TMR) to study and release a market research publication on the growth trends and opportunities in the paper pulp disposable tableware market. According to the findings of this report, the paper pulp disposable tableware market is predicted to rise at a significant CAGR of ~6% during the forecast period of 2019 to 2027.
Looking for Customized Insights to build your business for future, ask for a sample report here
Paper Pulp Disposable Tableware Market – Notable Trends
Barring Cost, Paper Pulp Disposable Tableware Replete with Virtues
Among a slew of factors, the biodegradability of paper pulp disposable tableware has increased its adoption among various end users. In 2018, restaurant end users registered a leading share in the paper pulp disposable tableware market vis-à-vis revenue. Small eateries and medium–sized restaurants heavily depend on disposable tableware for convenience and the overall low cost of handling. Besides this, the vast amount of water required for the cleaning and washing of regular tableware is also a factor for their declining use.
To address this, disposable tableware serves as a viable option to save on the cleaning and handling costs involved with regular tableware. Commonly used plastic disposable tableware, if not properly disposed, ends up in landfills and water bodies, and results in serious damage to corresponding ecosystems. Such disadvantages of plastic disposable tableware has led to the increased adoption of sustainable disposable tableware, such as those made from paper pulp.
However, the substantial cost of paper pulp disposable tableware limits its use among food chains and quick service restaurants. The environmental benefits of paper pulp disposable tableware, however, supersedes the cost factor, thereby substantiating its leading share among end users.
To get glimpse of what our report offers, ask for a report brochure here
Growing Practice of Employee Refreshments Leading to Increased Demand from Corporates
Corporate offices and breakrooms are predicted to display leading growth rates among customer end uses over the forecast period of 2019 to 2027. The rapidly growing practice of offering refreshments and beverages to employees, among corporates of all sizes, has spawned the vast demand for disposable tableware. Conferences, meetings, and office parties are also some events in corporate organizations that lead to the high demand for disposable tableware.
Meanwhile, environment awareness among several corporates is leading to the adoption of sustainable disposable tableware, including those manufactured from natural fiber and paper pulp. Large corporate organizations are actively playing their role in safeguarding the environment, making efforts to minimize use of disposable plastic tableware. Corporate organizations are increasingly replacing plastic disposable tableware with environmentally-sustainable products for the same use.
On the downside, however, the high cost of environmentally-sustainable disposable tableware products is mostly limiting their use among large corporate organizations.
To get a bird’s eye view of Paper Pulp Disposable Tableware Market’s forecasts, ask for a Custom Report
Paper Pulp Disposable Tableware Market: Winning Imperatives
Changing Environmental Policies Show New Way for Growth
Environmental policies in several parts of the world have led to a dramatic shift in the demand for several conventional consumer goods. This includes the declining demand for plastic disposable tableware among various end users. For example, in China, declining volumes of imported scrapped plastic from other countries such as the U.S. and Australia, to convert it into higher quality material, have led to the minimized use of plastic disposable tableware in these countries. This opens white spaces for manufacturers so as to meet the demand for alternative materials such as paper pulp disposable tableware.
In such a scenario, keen players in the paper pulp disposable tableware market are striving to spread awareness regarding ecologically sustainable materials for disposable tableware. Social media, online advertisements, and printed fliers are some channels savvy players in the market are banking on for transformation.
Awareness Programs & Educational Drives Impacting Lifestyle Choices - Scope for Proliferation
Changing lifestyle choices in developing economies are leading to the increased demand for sustainable everyday-use products, including disposable tableware. Discerning urban consumers are increasingly making environment-friendly choices for everyday-use products. Awareness drives and educational programs offered by public agencies and NGOs in some developing economies have led to the rapid adoption of ecologically-favorable everyday-use products.
This serves in providing a wide scope for manufacturers to roll out new environmentally-sustainable products. Opportunistic players rolling out new designs and sustainable material for disposable tableware can strengthen their position in the market space.
Government planning in some countries such as Australia and New Zealand, to completely ban the use of single-use plastic in the next four to five years, opens up a wide scope for environmental-friendly alternatives.
Paper Pulp Disposable Tableware Market: Competitive Landscape
From a competitive perspective, the paper pulp disposable tableware market is fragmented. The presence of a large number of small, mid-sized, and large players makes the vendor landscape highly competitive. Small players in developing economies such as India are increasingly penetrating into regional markets to serve the rising demand for sustainable everyday-use products.
Design innovations and use of varied environmentally-sustainable raw materials are the focus areas of small players to establish themselves in the paper pulp disposable tableware market. Besides this, small players are also expanding their sales channels, and now, mostly retail their products through e-Commerce majors such as Flipkart and Amazon. These players are mostly focused on the B2B business model, and are tying up with entities such as wedding planners, event management companies, and catering contractors that have bulk requirements for disposable tableware.
Regional players are also vying to spread their wings to fulfil the demand in overseas markets. With a ban on plastic disposable tableware in some European countries, a few regional players are striving to tap into the vast opportunities for pulp paper disposable tableware in these regions.
On the other hand, large vendors such as Vegware are vying to serve niche businesses in the foodservice sector. For example, some large companies are vying to penetrate restaurant and food chains, world over, through their expanded distribution channels. These companies are focused on targeting foodservice restaurants in popular tourist destinations for maximum outreach.
Paper Pulp Disposable Tableware Market Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest market report on the paper pulp disposable tableware market for the period of 2019 - 2027 (wherein, the period from 2019 to 2027 is the forecast period and 2018 is the base year), increasing global awareness about the usage of eco-friendly disposable tableware is anticipated to bolster the demand for paper pulp disposable tableware.
- Globally, revenue generated by the paper pulp disposable tableware market is estimated to reach ~ US$ 620 Mn in 2019. The global paper pulp disposable tableware market is expected to expand at a CAGR of ~ 6% in terms of value throughout the forecast period.
Increase in Awareness about Hazards of Tableware Made of Plastic: A Key Driver
- Strict rules & regulations have been imposed by several countries across the globe to restrict the usage of single-use plastic and plastic-based products. Countries such as the U.S., Canada, China, U.K, Australia, Germany, and Bangladesh have already imposed strict regulations to ban the usage of plastic.
- China has banned the import of plastic waste for recycling. China used to import bulk scrap plastic from countries across the globe and process it. In the year 2018, China took a decision to completely ban the import of plastic waste from various countries for recycling, so as to protect its environment and air quality.
- Furthermore, favorable initiatives have been taken by the governments and relevant associations of different countries to reduce the usage of plastic and spread awareness about the benefits of eco-friendly products. From the last couple of years, a good number of greenware manufacturers are tapping into the tableware market by creating awareness about eco-friendly disposable tableware made from agricultural waste such as bagasse, wheat straw, and paper.
Increasing Usage of Paper Pulp Disposable Tableware in QSRs, Premium Hotels, etc : A Key Trend
- Quick service restaurants (QSRs), premium hotel chains, and restaurants are highly aware about the benefits and quality of eco-friendly disposable tableware. Hence, disposable tableware manufacturers have tied up with various QSRs and hotel & restaurants chains in various countries to increase the penetration of their products in the paper pulp disposable tableware market.
- Continuous increase in the usage of eco-friendly tableware in day-to-day life across the globe is being seen. In the U.S., Canada, U.K, and France, people are using paper pulp disposable tableware at outings, parties, and social gatherings.
- Recently, some manufacturing companies have started producing edible disposable tableware and cutlery such as spoons, forks, and chopsticks.
Alternate Raw Materials for Manufacturing Disposable Tableware a Major Challenge
- Plastic-based dinnerware or tableware such as glasses, plates, straws, stirrers, spoons, and forks are still sold in the market. This is due to the fact that, these products made from plastic are reasonably cheaper as compared to eco-friendly disposable tableware such as paper pulp.
- Apart from plastic, areca palm leaves are also considered an alternate raw material to manufacture 100% bio-degradable and compostable greenware.
Paper Pulp Disposable Tableware Market: Competition Landscape
- Detailed profiles of the manufacturers of paper pulp disposable tableware have been provided in the paper pulp disposable tableware market report to evaluate their financials, key product offerings, recent developments, and strategies.
- Key players operating in the paper pulp disposable tableware market include -
- Ecoware Solutions Pvt Ltd.
- Huhtamaki Group
- DUNI AB
- Schon Ultrawares Pvt. Ltd.
- Pappco Greenware
- Bollant Industries Pvt Ltd.
- Reynolds Consumer Products
- Yash Papers Limited
- Nanofiber Tech., Inc.
- DOPLA S.P.A.
- Shrayati Ecosatkaar LLP
- Visfortec (Earthware)
Paper Pulp Disposable Tableware Market: Key Developments
- Prominent manufacturers dealing in paper pulp disposable tableware are planning to expand their production capacity to fulfill the demand in the paper pulp disposable tableware market. Paper pulp disposable tableware producers are also planning to expand their presence in various geographies through mergers & acquisitions and tie-ups with distributors and retailers.
Some other key developments in the paper pulp disposable tableware market are as follows:
- In 2019, Ecoware Solutions Pvt Ltd. tied up with Modern Bazaar outlets and Sadar Bazar in Delhi to sell their paper pulp disposable tableware products in the wholesale market in India.
- Yash Papers Limited (Chuck) is planning to increase its production capacity by 60% to 70% in the next few years. The company is also planning to expand its range of paper pulp disposable tableware products and improve the efficacy of the current product portfolio.
- Georgia-Pacific is planning to invest in expanding its Bowling Green Dixie facility. This investment will increase the production of Dixie plates & bowls of various sizes.
Paper Pulp Disposable Tableware Market – Scope of the Report
TMR’s recent market intelligence study on the paper pulp disposable tableware market is a valuable instrument for its offerings. The report provides useful insights into the market dynamics, competitive landscape, and regional outlook of the paper pulp disposable tableware market for the forecast period of 2019 to 2027. The report analyzes the past and present trends to provide reliable growth trend projections for the forecast period.
The making of the paper pulp disposable tableware market report involved extensive primary and secondary research. Analysts employed industry-centric statistical tools and proven research methodologies for a near-conclusive analysis of the paper pulp disposable tableware market over this forecast period. Beyond this, the gaps in findings between primary and secondary research are overcome by expert opinion.
The report provides a comprehensive analysis of the demand drivers, challenges, opportunities, and threats that are expected to impact the growth of the paper pulp disposable tableware market over the forecast period. These market indices serve as useful tools for existing market participants and also for entities interested in foraying into the paper pulp disposable tableware market.
The competitive outlook of the paper pulp disposable tableware market is a highlight of this report. Key companies operating in the paper pulp disposable tableware market are mentioned, and each of them have been profiled for their business attributes. Business overview, financials, product portfolios, and recent developments are some of the attributes of the top players in the paper pulp disposable tableware market that are profiled in this report. Insights into the market shares of top players are also a feature of this report. Such findings throw light on the prevailing hierarchy in the paper pulp disposable tableware market.
Key Questions Answered in the Paper Pulp Disposable Tableware Market Report
- How is the need for environmentally-sustainable disposable tableware creating an impact on the paper pulp disposable tableware market?
- How can design innovations and varied raw materials provide a competitive edge for players in the paper pulp disposable tableware market?
- How is expanding distribution channels making an impact on the demand for paper pulp disposable tableware?
- What is the approach of small players to spread their wings in regional markets?
- How are large companies formulating business tie-ups for expansion purposes?
Paper Pulp Disposable Tableware Market – Research Objectives and Research Approach
The comprehensive report on the paper pulp disposable tableware market begins with a preface, and throws light on the scope and objectives of this study. This is followed by a brief explanation behind this study, and regulatory compliances in the ambit of environmentally-sustainable consumer goods.
For easy browsing, the report is divided in a chapter-wise format, wherein, each section is systematically divided into small sections. The entire report contains an array of graphs and tables that are spread evenly for easy comprehension. Pictorial depiction of the actual values of key segments in the base year 2018 is also provided for comparison with projections. This allows the visual comparison of the market share of key segments in the past and also in the future.
The report studies the paper pulp disposable tableware market in terms of product, customer, distribution channel, and region. The report delves each and every segment under each criteria, and presents their market share projections at the end of the forecast period. This enables market stakeholders to understand the changing market shares of key segments in the paper pulp disposable tableware market. With this analysis, market stakeholders can gauge investment opportunities in segments that are likely to dominate over the 2019-2027 forecast period.
Paper Pulp Disposable Tableware Market – Segmentation
Middle East & Africa