Paper Processing Resins: Introduction
- Paper processing resins are primarily used to enhance the characteristic properties of paper. Paper processing resins significantly improve stiffness, smoothness, and surface properties of paper.
- Based on end-use, the global paper processing resins market can be segmented into facial tissue, bag paper, specialty paper, and others. The facial tissue segment held major share of the global market in 2019. Growth in disposable income of the middle class population has led to changes in lifestyle of people. Rise in awareness about hygiene practices is also anticipated to drive the demand for facial tissue. Paper processing resins are extensively employed in the production of facial tissues. This is propelling the demand for paper processing resins.
Excellent Chemical and Heat Resistance Properties of Paper Processing Resins
- Growth of the pulp & paper industry is expected to drive the global paper processing resins market in the near future. According to the International Energy Agency (IEA), global paper and paperboard output increased by 25% between 2000 and 2018. Furthermore, per capita global paper consumption stood at 57 kilograms. It stood at 13 kilograms in India in the same year. Economic growth in developing countries and increase in middle class population are estimated to drive the demand for facial tissues, bag papers, and specialty papers in the near future. This, in turn, is likely to boost the demand for paper processing resins. Paper processing resins offer several characteristics such as chemical resistance and flexibility at the time of processing. They also have excellent ability to provide resistance against heat and water. These qualities are expected to boost the demand for paper processing resins in the near future.
Impact of COVID-19 on Global Paper Processing Resins Market
- The COVID-19 pandemic has hampered the demand for consumer products across the globe. Disruption of supply chains and worsening of capital markets are the key challenges faced by companies operating in the paper processing resins market. Sluggish growth in demand for writing paper and printing paper during the pandemic is also negatively affecting the paper processing resins market.
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Global Paper Processing Resins Market
- In terms of region, the global paper processing resins market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is estimated to hold significant share of the global of paper processing resins market during the forecast period. Expansion of the market in the region can be ascribed to an increase in demand for various kinds of papers including facial tissues, bag papers, and specialty papers. Furthermore, global production of paper is mainly concentrated in Asia Pacific. This, in turn, is projected to drive the demand for paper processing resins across the region in the near future. Companies based in Japan, China, and India are planning to increase their domestic production of paper processing resins in order to meet the rising demand for paper in Asia Pacific.
- Companies such as Mitsui Chemicals, Inc. and DIC CORPORATION have diversified their distribution channels for the supply of paper processing resins across Latin America and Middle East & Africa
Key Players Operating in Market
The global paper processing resins market is highly consolidated. A few key players occupy major share of the global paper processing resins market. Prominent players operating in the global paper processing resins market include:
- Chang Chun Group
- Vertex Chem Private Limited.
- DIC CORPORATION
- Wacker Chemie AG
- Nissin Chemical co.,ltd
- Sumitomo Corporation
- Papertex Speciality Chemicals Pvt. Ltd.
- Mitsui Chemicals, Inc.
- Arakawa Chemical Industries,Ltd.
- SHOWA HIGH POLYMER SINGAPORE PTE LTD
Global Paper Processing Resins Market: Research Scope
Global Paper Processing Resins Market, by Type
- Dry Strength Resin
- Wet Strength Resin
Global Paper Processing Resins Market, by Material
- Melamine Formaldehyde
- Butadiene Resin Latex
- Epoxy Polyamide
Global Paper Processing Resins Market, by End-use
- Facial Tissue
- Bag Paper
- Specialty Paper
Global Paper Processing Resins Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa