Paper Processing Resins: Introduction
- Paper processing resins are primarily used to enhance the characteristic properties of paper. Paper processing resins significantly improve stiffness, smoothness, and surface properties of paper.
- Based on end-use, the global paper processing resins market can be segmented into facial tissue, bag paper, specialty paper, and others. The facial tissue segment held major share of the global market in 2019. Growth in disposable income of the middle class population has led to changes in lifestyle of people. Rise in awareness about hygiene practices is also anticipated to drive the demand for facial tissue. Paper processing resins are extensively employed in the production of facial tissues. This is propelling the demand for paper processing resins.
Excellent Chemical and Heat Resistance Properties of Paper Processing Resins
- Growth of the pulp & paper industry is expected to drive the global paper processing resins market in the near future. According to the International Energy Agency (IEA), global paper and paperboard output increased by 25% between 2000 and 2018. Furthermore, per capita global paper consumption stood at 57 kilograms. It stood at 13 kilograms in India in the same year. Economic growth in developing countries and increase in middle class population are estimated to drive the demand for facial tissues, bag papers, and specialty papers in the near future. This, in turn, is likely to boost the demand for paper processing resins. Paper processing resins offer several characteristics such as chemical resistance and flexibility at the time of processing. They also have excellent ability to provide resistance against heat and water. These qualities are expected to boost the demand for paper processing resins in the near future.
Impact of COVID-19 on Global Paper Processing Resins Market
- The COVID-19 pandemic has hampered the demand for consumer products across the globe. Disruption of supply chains and worsening of capital markets are the key challenges faced by companies operating in the paper processing resins market. Sluggish growth in demand for writing paper and printing paper during the pandemic is also negatively affecting the paper processing resins market.
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Global Paper Processing Resins Market
- In terms of region, the global paper processing resins market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is estimated to hold significant share of the global of paper processing resins market during the forecast period. Expansion of the market in the region can be ascribed to an increase in demand for various kinds of papers including facial tissues, bag papers, and specialty papers. Furthermore, global production of paper is mainly concentrated in Asia Pacific. This, in turn, is projected to drive the demand for paper processing resins across the region in the near future. Companies based in Japan, China, and India are planning to increase their domestic production of paper processing resins in order to meet the rising demand for paper in Asia Pacific.
- Companies such as Mitsui Chemicals, Inc. and DIC CORPORATION have diversified their distribution channels for the supply of paper processing resins across Latin America and Middle East & Africa
Key Players Operating in Market
The global paper processing resins market is highly consolidated. A few key players occupy major share of the global paper processing resins market. Prominent players operating in the global paper processing resins market include:
- Chang Chun Group
- Vertex Chem Private Limited.
- DIC CORPORATION
- Wacker Chemie AG
- Nissin Chemical co.,ltd
- Sumitomo Corporation
- Papertex Speciality Chemicals Pvt. Ltd.
- Mitsui Chemicals, Inc.
- Arakawa Chemical Industries,Ltd.
- SHOWA HIGH POLYMER SINGAPORE PTE LTD
Global Paper Processing Resins Market: Research Scope
Global Paper Processing Resins Market, by Type
- Dry Strength Resin
- Wet Strength Resin
Global Paper Processing Resins Market, by Material
- Melamine Formaldehyde
- Butadiene Resin Latex
- Epoxy Polyamide
Global Paper Processing Resins Market, by End-use
- Facial Tissue
- Bag Paper
- Specialty Paper
Global Paper Processing Resins Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.