Paint Protection Film Market: Introduction
- Paint protection film, often abbreviated as PPF, protects a vehicle’s finish from scratches, chips, stains, and other damaging elements. The virtually invisible film does not alter the color or design elements of the vehicle.
- Paint protection film is a thin polyurethane film or polymer that acts as a skin that helps protect the paint from rock chips and small scratches as well as UV exposure, mineral deposits, and acid rain
- Paint protection film is applied to the topcoat of painted surfaces of a new or used cars. Car paint protection film is available in multiple colors or an optically clear version, in a variety of thickness levels.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Paint Protection Film Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers of Paint Protection Film Market
- Based on application, paint protection film can be classified into electrical & electronics, automotive, aerospace, and others. Automotive is the most dominant segment of the paint protection film market. Increase in number of cars has led to rise in demand for paint protection films.
- In automotive applications, paint protection film is used for rocker panels, hoods, bumpers, mirror backs, door handle cavities, door edges, full hoods, trunks, and roofs
- Automotive OEMs use paint protection film to protect visible surfaces such as leading edge of the hood, rocker panels, wheel flairs, door openings, and other non-visible surfaces. PPF offers excellent film clarity and gloss retention, with a proprietary, protective clear coat for optimal surface protection.
- Paint protection film is used for protection of electronic gadgets including computers, laptops, tablets, television sets, and refrigerators. Improvement in living standards coupled with increase in demand for electronic devices is anticipated to boost the demand for paint protection films in the electronics segment.
- Thus, the pointers stated above boost the paint protection film market
Restraints of Global Paint Protection Film Market
- Paint protection film is used for protection of vehicles. However, it tends to reduce the shine of the vehicle’s paint.
- Paint protection films are not very hydrophobic. This has improved in the recent years. However, many professional PPF installers actually offer ceramic coating applications on top of paint protection films, for a superior paint protection solution.
- Price of paint protection film is much higher than car wax, and ceramic coatings
- Thus, all the above factors are responsible for restraining the paint protection film market
Asia Pacific Expected to Hold Major Share of Global Paint Protection Film Market
- In terms of region, the global paint protection film market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- The paint protection film market in Asia Pacific is expected to grow at a high CAGR during the forecast period. Rise in demand for cars from countries, such as India, China, South Korea, Vietnam, Taiwan, and Singapore, is projected to drive the paint protection film market in the Asia Pacific region. Also, maintenance of already existing cars drives the market in Asia Pacific. China is expected to lead the demand for paint protection films in the Asia Pacific region.
- The paint protection film market in Europe is led by Germany, Norway, France, and the U.K. The market in the region is primarily driven by production of conventional and electric cars in Europe.
To Get a Bird’s Eye View of Paint Protection Film Market Forecast, Ask for a Custom Report
Key Players Operating in Global Paint Protection Film Market
The global paint protection film market is fragmented, with market players focusing on incorporating advanced technologies to gain higher market share. Various companies use online portals as a mode of selling their products.
In 2018, XPEL, Inc. announced that it had established its first local office in Asia with the acquisition of Apogee Corporation, XPEL’s Taiwan-based distributor of automotive paint protection and window film. As a result, the company can directly sell its products to customers in Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau.
These players offer a complete portfolio of products and focus on different business strategies to strengthen their market position.
Key players operating in the global paint protection film market include:
- Eastman Performance Films, LLC
- 3M Company
- XPEL, Inc.
- Avery Dennison Corporation
- LG Chem
Global Paint Protection Film Market: Research Scope
Global Paint Protection Film Market, by Application
- Electrical & Electronics
Global Paint Protection Film Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.