Paint Dispersing Agents Market: Wet and Stabilize Pigments
- Dispersing agents are used to stabilize and wet pigments and other particles within paints, coatings and ink formulations. Dispersing agents provide color strength, viscosity stability, gloss, and prevent sedimentation of particles.
- Dispersing agents assist the suspension of solid compounding material in a liquid medium and stabilize the produced dispersion. An efficient dispersing agent can perform pigment dispersion, wetting, and stabilizing too. Different types of dispersing agents are employed depending on the nature of the paint. For instance, in water-based paints, polyphosphates, polyacrylates, and styrene-maleinates are utilized, while lecytine, low molecular weight modified alkyd and polyester resins, and fatty acid derivatives are employed in solvent-based and solvent-free paints.
Key drivers of paint dispersing agents market
- Availability of raw material coupled with lower production cost acts as a major factor for the development of various small and medium scale manufacturers who cater to the global paint dispersing agents market
- Increasing focus on R&D activities, innovation, and technological advancements have been driving the market for the last few years. This trend is expected to continue during the forecast period.
- Paint dispersing agent is a synergistic extract of oil derivative dissolved in polyoxypropylene-polyoxyethylene copolymer and hydrocarbon solvent. The dispersing agent, when used in paints & coatings, improve pigment dispersion, enhances the leveling of the system, boosts film clarity and consequently the glow, and improves the color value of the pigment.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive Report Brochure here
Architectural and automotive segments to offer attractive opportunities
- Significant expansion in the paints & coatings industry, owing to the shift in demand toward decorative paints, is expected fuel the demand for paint dispersing agents market in the near future. Expansion of the paints & coatings sector at a high growth rate is primarily attributed to the booming automotive industry across the world coupled with the expansion of the construction sector across the globe.
- Expansion of the architectural sector is expected to boost the paint dispersing agents market. Improvement in workability of fluids, owing to stable and easier suspension of particles due to the addition of dispersing agent, is expected to fuel the paint dispersing agents market during the forecast period.
- Emergence of various application of paints & coatings is anticipated to propel the demand for dispersing agent in the paints sector in the near future. Reduction in VOC emissions owing to the usage of dispersing agent with water-based systems is also expected to fuel the paint dispersing agents market.
Intense competition from counterparts and stringent regulations to hamper market
- Volatility in the prices of raw materials is expected to hinder the market during the forecast period
- Dispersing agents are manufactured from various chemicals such as sulfonate, lignosulfonates, polycarboxylate, naphthalene, and acrylic acid. Use of petrochemical derivatives to manufacture dispersing agents is also expected to restrain the market.
- Stringent policies and regulations laid down by governments on the use of dispersing agents with high VOC emissions in paints and coatings are expected to restrain the paints dispersing agents market to some extent in the near future.
Asia Pacific expected to hold significant share in the global paint dispersing agents market
- In terms of region, the global paint dispersing agents market can be split into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
- Asia Pacific accounts for a prominent share of the global paint dispersion agent market, in terms of volume as well as revenue. Significant developments in the industrial sector in India, China, and South Korea, coupled with technological advancements in the region are expected to drive the market in the region during the forecast period.
- Rising demand for paints and coatings owing to the expansion of automotive and construction industries is also anticipated to boost the market in the next seven years.
- Asia Pacific was followed by Europe, in terms of share of the global market, due to the considerable presence of a large number of paints and coatings manufacturers in the region. Expansion of the paint dispersing agent market in Europe has been unaffected by the economic slowdown in the region owing to the presence of key industry players in the region.
- Infrastructural development in countries in Eastern European has fueled the demand for paint dispersing agents in the region. Germany accounted for a notable share of the market in the region owing to the rapid expansion of the paints & coatings industry in the country.
- Presence of major manufacturers, such as Clariant AG, BASF SE, and Arkema Group, is a major factor fueling the market in Europe. Moreover, rising production of automotive parts coupled with increasing investment in the construction sector is also driving the market.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Paint Dispersing Agents Market here
Key players operating in the paint dispersing agents market
The global paint dispersing agents market is fragmented and has an immense potential to attract various small and big industry players. Demand within paint dispersing agents market is highly concentrated with top manufacturers accounting for approximately 20% to 25% of the market. Key players operating in the paint dispersing agents market include
- Evonik Industries AG
- BYK Additives & Instruments
- Elementis PLC
- BASF SE
- Lubrizol Corporation
- Arkema Group
- SAN NOPCO LIMITED
- Harmony Additive Pvt. Ltd.
Global Paint Dispersing Agents Market: Research Scope
Global Paint Dispersing Agents Market, by Product Type
- High Molecular Weight Type
- Medium and Low Molecular Weight Type
Global Paint Dispersing Agents Market, by Application
- Wood and Furniture
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.