Paint Dispersing Agents Market: Wet and Stabilize Pigments
- Dispersing agents are used to stabilize and wet pigments and other particles within paints, coatings and ink formulations. Dispersing agents provide color strength, viscosity stability, gloss, and prevent sedimentation of particles.
- Dispersing agents assist the suspension of solid compounding material in a liquid medium and stabilize the produced dispersion. An efficient dispersing agent can perform pigment dispersion, wetting, and stabilizing too. Different types of dispersing agents are employed depending on the nature of the paint. For instance, in water-based paints, polyphosphates, polyacrylates, and styrene-maleinates are utilized, while lecytine, low molecular weight modified alkyd and polyester resins, and fatty acid derivatives are employed in solvent-based and solvent-free paints.
Key drivers of paint dispersing agents market
- Availability of raw material coupled with lower production cost acts as a major factor for the development of various small and medium scale manufacturers who cater to the global paint dispersing agents market
- Increasing focus on R&D activities, innovation, and technological advancements have been driving the market for the last few years. This trend is expected to continue during the forecast period.
- Paint dispersing agent is a synergistic extract of oil derivative dissolved in polyoxypropylene-polyoxyethylene copolymer and hydrocarbon solvent. The dispersing agent, when used in paints & coatings, improve pigment dispersion, enhances the leveling of the system, boosts film clarity and consequently the glow, and improves the color value of the pigment.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive Report Brochure here
Architectural and automotive segments to offer attractive opportunities
- Significant expansion in the paints & coatings industry, owing to the shift in demand toward decorative paints, is expected fuel the demand for paint dispersing agents market in the near future. Expansion of the paints & coatings sector at a high growth rate is primarily attributed to the booming automotive industry across the world coupled with the expansion of the construction sector across the globe.
- Expansion of the architectural sector is expected to boost the paint dispersing agents market. Improvement in workability of fluids, owing to stable and easier suspension of particles due to the addition of dispersing agent, is expected to fuel the paint dispersing agents market during the forecast period.
- Emergence of various application of paints & coatings is anticipated to propel the demand for dispersing agent in the paints sector in the near future. Reduction in VOC emissions owing to the usage of dispersing agent with water-based systems is also expected to fuel the paint dispersing agents market.
Intense competition from counterparts and stringent regulations to hamper market
- Volatility in the prices of raw materials is expected to hinder the market during the forecast period
- Dispersing agents are manufactured from various chemicals such as sulfonate, lignosulfonates, polycarboxylate, naphthalene, and acrylic acid. Use of petrochemical derivatives to manufacture dispersing agents is also expected to restrain the market.
- Stringent policies and regulations laid down by governments on the use of dispersing agents with high VOC emissions in paints and coatings are expected to restrain the paints dispersing agents market to some extent in the near future.
Asia Pacific expected to hold significant share in the global paint dispersing agents market
- In terms of region, the global paint dispersing agents market can be split into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
- Asia Pacific accounts for a prominent share of the global paint dispersion agent market, in terms of volume as well as revenue. Significant developments in the industrial sector in India, China, and South Korea, coupled with technological advancements in the region are expected to drive the market in the region during the forecast period.
- Rising demand for paints and coatings owing to the expansion of automotive and construction industries is also anticipated to boost the market in the next seven years.
- Asia Pacific was followed by Europe, in terms of share of the global market, due to the considerable presence of a large number of paints and coatings manufacturers in the region. Expansion of the paint dispersing agent market in Europe has been unaffected by the economic slowdown in the region owing to the presence of key industry players in the region.
- Infrastructural development in countries in Eastern European has fueled the demand for paint dispersing agents in the region. Germany accounted for a notable share of the market in the region owing to the rapid expansion of the paints & coatings industry in the country.
- Presence of major manufacturers, such as Clariant AG, BASF SE, and Arkema Group, is a major factor fueling the market in Europe. Moreover, rising production of automotive parts coupled with increasing investment in the construction sector is also driving the market.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Paint Dispersing Agents Market here
Key players operating in the paint dispersing agents market
The global paint dispersing agents market is fragmented and has an immense potential to attract various small and big industry players. Demand within paint dispersing agents market is highly concentrated with top manufacturers accounting for approximately 20% to 25% of the market. Key players operating in the paint dispersing agents market include
- Evonik Industries AG
- BYK Additives & Instruments
- Elementis PLC
- BASF SE
- Lubrizol Corporation
- Arkema Group
- SAN NOPCO LIMITED
- Harmony Additive Pvt. Ltd.
Global Paint Dispersing Agents Market: Research Scope
Global Paint Dispersing Agents Market, by Product Type
- High Molecular Weight Type
- Medium and Low Molecular Weight Type
Global Paint Dispersing Agents Market, by Application
- Wood and Furniture
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.