Packaged Substation Market: Increasing Demand for Modular Substations
- Packaged substation is essentially an outdoor substation built in metal enclosure, wherein each item of the electrical equipment is placed together which works as a small substation
- The packaged substation market is developing rapidly considering the flexibility provided through tailored configuration of packaged substation from the wide range of choice of packaged substation products available in the market
- Uninterrupted access to power supply is the need of every consumer today. Packaged substations are engineered for individual customer requirements using products from a comprehensive range, providing a convenient, single-sourced substation with less time and cost.
- The packaged substation market is primarily segmented into medium-voltage packaged substation and low-voltage packaged substation
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Packaged Substation Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Rapid Expansion of Transmission Capacity
- Packaged substations are flexible in operation and load carrying capacity. The current transmission capacity of the substation can be varied. The whole system need not to be changed, as expansion of packaged substation is possible.
- In order to meet future needs, these modules can be quickly and easily connected together to form larger and more complex substations
- Packaged substations are more compact than traditional unit substations; therefore, multiple units may be applied without the need for significant investment in real estate
- Packaged substations are also used for the transformation of energy in secondary distribution network from medium-voltage to low-voltage or vice versa. They are generally installed in areas that are easily accessible to the public and as per specified service conditions in order to ensure protection for all.
Key Drivers of Packaged Substation
- Electrical substations are complex in design and requires a large amount of land for installation. The land is taken either on lease or is acquired. This is an uneconomical and lengthy process.
- Packaged substation utilizes less space vis-à-vis other substations. Safety is also an important factor which is an additional benefit on application of packaged substation.
- Packaged substations are widely employed in end-user industries for distribution of power and reduction of loss incurred during the distribution. Usage of packaged substations is increasing at a rapid pace in distribution and modernization of the existing power infrastructure.
- Demand for packaged substations is expected to increase due to the rise in number of public infrastructure projects, industrial cities, need for transportation, and power projects. The global packaged substation market is expected to expand significantly during the forecast period due to the increase in need for continuous power supply on which several critical infrastructure projects such as data centers are dependent.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Packaged Substation Market here
Asia Pacific Expected to Hold Major Share of Global Packaged Substation Market
- Geographically, the global packaged substation market can be split across five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is an emerging region of the global packaged substation market due to rapid industrialization in countries such as India, China, and Japan in the region
- Rise in usage of electrical appliances has led to an increase in investment in the power sector. This, in turn, has augmented the demand for packaged substations market.
- North America is the leading consumer of packaged substations, as the U.S. Government has declared substantial plans to refurbish the infrastructure of the country
- Europe is also a promising region of the global packaged substation market. Latin America continue to offer lucrative opportunities to the packaged substation market.
Key Players in Market
The global packaged substation market is highly concentrated with large as well as small companies
- Kirloskar Electric Company Ltd
- General Electric
- Siemens AG
- Toshiba Corporation
- CGG Global
- Schneider Electric SE
- LARSEN & TOUBRO LIMITED.
- Asia Electrical Power Equipment (Shenzhen) Co, Ltd.
Global Packaged Substation Market: Research Scope
Global Packaged Substation Market, by Type
- Indoor Substation
- Outdoor Packaged Substation and
- Underground Packaged Substation
Global Packaged Substation Market, by Application
- Power Utilities & Generation
Global Packaged Substation Market, by Voltage
- Up to 160 kVA
- 161-250 kVA
- 251-400 kVA
- 401 & Above
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.