Packaged Substation Market: Increasing Demand for Modular Substations
- Packaged substation is essentially an outdoor substation built in metal enclosure, wherein each item of the electrical equipment is placed together which works as a small substation
- The packaged substation market is developing rapidly considering the flexibility provided through tailored configuration of packaged substation from the wide range of choice of packaged substation products available in the market
- Uninterrupted access to power supply is the need of every consumer today. Packaged substations are engineered for individual customer requirements using products from a comprehensive range, providing a convenient, single-sourced substation with less time and cost.
- The packaged substation market is primarily segmented into medium-voltage packaged substation and low-voltage packaged substation
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Packaged Substation Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Rapid Expansion of Transmission Capacity
- Packaged substations are flexible in operation and load carrying capacity. The current transmission capacity of the substation can be varied. The whole system need not to be changed, as expansion of packaged substation is possible.
- In order to meet future needs, these modules can be quickly and easily connected together to form larger and more complex substations
- Packaged substations are more compact than traditional unit substations; therefore, multiple units may be applied without the need for significant investment in real estate
- Packaged substations are also used for the transformation of energy in secondary distribution network from medium-voltage to low-voltage or vice versa. They are generally installed in areas that are easily accessible to the public and as per specified service conditions in order to ensure protection for all.
Key Drivers of Packaged Substation
- Electrical substations are complex in design and requires a large amount of land for installation. The land is taken either on lease or is acquired. This is an uneconomical and lengthy process.
- Packaged substation utilizes less space vis-à-vis other substations. Safety is also an important factor which is an additional benefit on application of packaged substation.
- Packaged substations are widely employed in end-user industries for distribution of power and reduction of loss incurred during the distribution. Usage of packaged substations is increasing at a rapid pace in distribution and modernization of the existing power infrastructure.
- Demand for packaged substations is expected to increase due to the rise in number of public infrastructure projects, industrial cities, need for transportation, and power projects. The global packaged substation market is expected to expand significantly during the forecast period due to the increase in need for continuous power supply on which several critical infrastructure projects such as data centers are dependent.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Packaged Substation Market here
Asia Pacific Expected to Hold Major Share of Global Packaged Substation Market
- Geographically, the global packaged substation market can be split across five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is an emerging region of the global packaged substation market due to rapid industrialization in countries such as India, China, and Japan in the region
- Rise in usage of electrical appliances has led to an increase in investment in the power sector. This, in turn, has augmented the demand for packaged substations market.
- North America is the leading consumer of packaged substations, as the U.S. Government has declared substantial plans to refurbish the infrastructure of the country
- Europe is also a promising region of the global packaged substation market. Latin America continue to offer lucrative opportunities to the packaged substation market.
Key Players in Market
The global packaged substation market is highly concentrated with large as well as small companies
- Kirloskar Electric Company Ltd
- General Electric
- Siemens AG
- Toshiba Corporation
- CGG Global
- Schneider Electric SE
- LARSEN & TOUBRO LIMITED.
- Asia Electrical Power Equipment (Shenzhen) Co, Ltd.
Global Packaged Substation Market: Research Scope
Global Packaged Substation Market, by Type
- Indoor Substation
- Outdoor Packaged Substation and
- Underground Packaged Substation
Global Packaged Substation Market, by Application
- Power Utilities & Generation
Global Packaged Substation Market, by Voltage
- Up to 160 kVA
- 161-250 kVA
- 251-400 kVA
- 401 & Above
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.