Global Packaged Seeds Market – Introduction
- Packaged seeds are a significant source of nutrition. Seeds provide all the essential vitamins, minerals, and strength to the body. It improves immunity, hair, skin, and quality of life. Packaged seeds are full of high-quality protein, heart-healthy fats, and essential vitamins and minerals in a tiny, versatile package.
- People practicing home isolation due to COVID-19 has resulted in steady increase in sale of packaged seeds through e-commerce websites and other online portals. Manufacturing companies are also expanding their online sales channels in various countries across the globe to drive the sales of their exclusive range of packaged seeds.
Rise in popularity and consumption of packaged seeds as a nutritious snack projected to be a driver of the market
- Rapid increase in consumption of packaged seeds as a nutritious snack will continue to impact the sale of packaged seeds in various countries across the globe. People in developing countries are also becoming aware about the health benefits of packaged seeds such as flax seeds, and sesame seeds. Seeds leave a low environmental footprint on the earth. It offers the body with nutrient-dense energy, and is healthy food and an easy choice for everyone. Seeds are also consumed by children in schools during small breaks. These factors are estimated to increase the demand for packaged seeds.
Increase in sales of packaged seeds through online modes of distribution
- Increasing sale of packaged seeds through online distribution channels especially on company-owned websites of manufacturers and on e-commerce websites such as Amazon, Walmart, and various other local e-commerce portals across the globe is anticipated to create huge opportunities for manufacturers and suppliers of packaged seeds during the forecast period. Manufacturers and suppliers also give attractive offers and instant discounts and schemes to drive the sale of packaged seeds on various e-commerce websites.
North America and Europe Considered the Largest Markets for Packaged Seeds
- Geographically, the global packaged seeds market can be divided into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America and Europe accounted for major share of the global packaged seeds market in 2020. The market in North America and Europe is anticipated to grow at a moderate rate during the forecast period due to rise in popularity and consumption of packaged seeds as a nutritious snack in countries such as the U.S., Canada, Mexico, U.K., Germany, and France, which is projected to surge the demand for packaged seeds.
- The market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a significant growth rate during the forecast period due to rise in awareness among consumers about the health benefits associated with the intake of packaged seeds such as flax seeds, and sunflower seeds in China, India, Japan, and other Southeast Asian countries. Promotional initiatives are undertaken by companies such as distribution of free samples of packaged seeds, awareness campaigns, and promotional drives.
Key Players Operating in the Packaged Seeds Market
Prominent packaged seeds companies are likely to face tough competition during the forecast period. Brands such as Bayer AG, Corteva (Pioneer), Navitas Organics, North American Nutrition, and Syngenta International AG are spreading awareness and conducting promotional drives to increase the demand for packaged seeds in emerging economies of the globe. Some of the key players operating in the global packaged seeds market include:
- Advanta Seeds Pty Ltd
- Bayer AG
- Corteva (Pioneer)
- Grain Millers, Inc.
- McCormick & Company, Inc.
- Navitas Organics
- North American Nutrition
- Olam International
- Syngenta International AG
Global Packaged Seeds Market – Research Scope
Global Packaged Seeds Market, by Seeds Type
- Flax Seeds
- Sunflower Seeds
- Chia Seeds
- Sesame Seeds
- Pomegranate Seeds
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Hemp Seeds
- Basil Seeds
- Others (Corn/Maize Seeds etc.)
Global Packaged Seeds Market, by Category
- Grains and Cereals
- Pulses and Oilseeds
- Vegetable Seeds
- Fruit Seeds
- Others (Flower Seeds, Commercial Crop etc.)
Global Packaged Seeds Market, by Price Category
Global Packaged Seeds Market, by Form
Global Packaged Seeds Market, by Distribution Channel
Global Packaged Seeds Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!