A pacemaker is a small medical device mostly placed in the chest area just under the collarbone. This device helps to regulate or start a slow heartbeat by sending electrical signals. A pacemaker can be used when the SA node (natural pacemaker) is unable to work properly resulting in slow or decrease in heart rate or rhythm. An implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD) is a similar looking medical device to a pacemaker. It is slightly larger than pacemaker. However, the implantable cardioverter defibrillator can send or provide a low-energy shock that helps to normalize the abnormal heartbeat. ICD can send a high-energy shock in case of severe cardiac disorders such as arrhythmia. Pacemakers and implantable cardioverter defibrillators play an important role in the management of patients having cardiac conditions such as heart failure, heart attack (myocardial infarction), arrhythmia, and long QT syndrome. These devices do not treat the disease, but help in maintaining normal heart rate, thereby preventing sudden cardiac deaths.
The global pacemakers and implantable cardioverter defibrillators (ICDs) market is expected to grow at a rapid pace due to rise in incidence of cardiovascular diseases, increase in population, and surge in the global geriatric population. The Pacemakers and Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillators (ICDs) Market is expected to witness strong growth in countries such as India, China, Brazil, and other emerging countries.
The global pacemakers and implantable cardioverter defibrillators (ICDs) market can be segmented based on product type, application, end-user, and region. In terms of product type, the Pacemakers and Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillators (ICDs) Market can be categorized into pacemakers (single chamber implantable pacemakers, dual chamber implantable pacemakers, and biventricular pacemakers) and implantable cardioverter defibrillators (single chamber ICDs, dual chamber ICDs, and biventricular ICDs). Based on application, the global pacemakers and implantable cardioverter defibrillators (ICDs) market can be classified into arrhythmia, atrial fibrillation, heart block, and others. Based on end-user, the Pacemakers and Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillators (ICDs) Market can be divided into hospitals, specialty clinics & cardiac centers, ambulatory centers, and others.
Geographically, the global pacemakers and implantable cardioverter defibrillators (ICDs) market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Latin America, Asia Pacific, and Middle East & Africa. Each region is sub-divided into specific countries/sub-region such as the U.S., Canada, Germany, U.K., Brazil, China, India, Japan, and GCC Countries. North America dominated the global pacemakers and implantable cardioverter defibrillators (ICDs) market because of large investments in R&D and advanced products development. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2.7 million people are living with atrial fibrillation in the U.S. and the number increases with respect to the geriatric population. In the U.S., approximately 2% people aged less than 65 and 9% people aged over 65 suffer from atrial fibrillation. Asia Pacific is considered to be the most attractive Pacemakers and Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillators (ICDs) Market during the forecast period due to rise in health care expenditure and rapidly increasing prevalence of various cardiac diseases.
Key players operating in the global pacemakers and implantable cardioverter defibrillators (ICDs) market are Medtronic, Boston Scientific, ZOLL Medical Corp., Asahi Kasei Corp., Nihon Kohden Corp., Shree Pacetronix Ltd., St. Jude Medical, Inc., BIOTRONIK SE & Co. KG, EBR Systems, Inc., MEDICO S.p.A., Osypka Medical GmbH, and Physio-Control Corp., among others. These players have adopted various strategies such as collaborations, partnerships, agreements, and new product launches to gain competitive advantage in the market.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.