Oyster sauce represents a variety of sauces made by cooking oysters or from oyster extracts along with salt, sugar, and water thickened with corn starch. The oyster sauce has been rising in popularity in recent times for its savory flavor, making it ideal choice for flavoring vegetables, meat, and different global cuisines apart from Chinese. With rise in the demand for flavor enhancer, emerging trends of fusion of different cuisines, and increasing consumer interest in exploring new flavors and multiple dishes, the demand for oyster sauce is likely to grow significantly in the coming years. In addition, rising consumer inclination toward home cooking over dining out is expected to contribute to the development of oyster sauce market globally.
Oyster Sauce Market – Notable Developments
Nestlé, Kikkoman, Ajinomoto, Lee Kum Kee, Foshan Haitian Flavoring & Food, MOTHER’S BEST, Wing Soon Food Manufacturer Pte Ltd, Kakusan Foods Co., Ltd., Bachun Food, Yuen Chun Industries, Thaipreeda Group, Marine Resources Development Co., Ltd., and Foodex Manufacturer Co., LTD. are some of the key players operating in the oyster sauce market.
- In January 2019, Lee Kum Kee introduced a new line of Panda Brand Grilling and Dipping Sauces. According to the company, this new line of products provide an easy and simple way to prepare delicious dishes. They come in four bold flavor varieties which can be enjoyed straight out of the bottle. The company’s chairman Lee Man-tat reportedly became the third richest man in Hong Kong in February 2019.
- In November 2018, Ajinomoto Co., Inc., a leading player in the oyster sauce market, announced to build a new plant for manufacturing and packaging soups and other products. Under its FY2017-2019 Medium-Term Management Plan, the company is planning to reconstruct the value chain of its Japan Food Products Business. In July 2018, Ajinomoto organized a food tour featuring its Sarsaya Oyster Sauce which was launched in October 2016.
- In April 2018, Nestlé’s Maggi sends off its Food Truck Caravan on a roadshow to introduce its new ‘Maggi Oyster Sauce’ which is richer, thicker, and full flavor of Korean and Japanese oysters.
Oyster Sauce Market Dynamics
Rapid penetration of pre-made or ready-to-cook meals along with home delivery services for groceries has significantly reduced visits to restaurants and other food service outlets among a range of consumers. Moreover, cooking shows are influencing these consumers to cook at home and explore different flavorings and sauces. In the recent times, oyster sauce has become one of most sought-after ingredients in multiple fast food dishes. These are the important factors driving the growth of oyster sauce market. Consumer shift toward home cooking to adopt health eating habits is also foreseen to strengthen the oyster sauce market growth.
To cater the increasing demand, oyster sauce manufacturers are focusing on incorporating innovative packaging solutions which helps retain the product quality, texture, color, taste, and flavor. More availability of ready-made recipes with oyster sauce as a key ingredient will possibly create potential growth prospects of the market.
Easy Availability of Better and Reliable Substitutes to Restrain Oyster Sauce Market Growth
Although the oyster sauce market is anticipated to maintain a positive outlook, growing popularity of oyster sauce substitutes such as soy sauces, mushroom sauces, and fish sauces may pose as a challenge to its leading players. Further, some people are allergic to oyster sauce, and therefore prefer using its substitutes which offer similar taste and flavor. This in turn is likely to create a hindrance in the growth of oyster sauce market.
Oyster Sauce Market Segmentation
Based on product type, the oyster sauce market can be segmented into:
- Oyster Sauce
- Vegetarian Oyster Sauce
Based on distribution channel, the oyster sauce market can be segmented into:
- Independent Retailers
- Online Retailers
- Supermarkets & Hypermarkets
- Convenience Stores
- Oyster Sauce Uses
- Oyster Sauce Substitute
- Oyster Sauce Recipe
- Gluten free Oyster Sauce
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.