Oxygen Gas Generator Market: Overview
- Oxygen gas generator is a device used to supply oxygen through a chemical reaction. Oxygen is the second largest industrially consumed gas on the planet.
- Oxygen gas generator is used in aircraft. It is also used by
- firefighters in their breathing apparatus. Furthermore, it is employed in several other emergency situations. Oxygen gas generator is also used in submarines, mines, and as backup supply in international space stations.
- In commercial aircraft, oxygen gas generator is supplied to passengers during pressure drops in cabin
- The Food Drug Administration (FDA) in the U.S. has classified portable oxygen generator system as a medical device under regulatory class II
- Oxygen gas generator contains a device to absorb carbon dioxide and filter lithium hydroxide. It is reliable, economical, and can achieve oxygen purity levels from 90% to 99%.
- Oxygen gas generator consists of two technologies: adsorption system and cryogenic system. These are used to separate oxygen from air. The adsorption system comprises two subtypes: pressure swing adsorption (PSA) system and vacuum swing adsorption (VSA) system. The operation of the generator is cyclic and automatic.
Key Drivers of Global Oxygen Gas Generator Market
- Demand for oxygen gas generators has been increasing across the globe owing to its cost efficiency. It helps eliminates purchase of costly oxygen cylinders from external sources.
- Growth in investment in oxygen gas generator technology by end-user industries is anticipated to boost the global oxygen gas generator market
- On April 23, 2018, Denmark-based Oxymat A/S delivered ‘Oxymat Nordic Oxygen Generator,’ the first low energy oxygen generator. The generator is capable of producing more than 14 tons of oxygen per day. It is expected to be installed in a salmon smolt farm on the Faroe Islands.
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Global Oxygen Gas Generator Market
- Based on region, the global oxygen gas generator market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific dominated the global oxygen gas generator market in 2019, owing the high growth in end-user industries. The trend is projected to continue during the forecast period. North America is anticipated to account for vital share of the global oxygen gas generator market during the forecast period. The region is investing significantly in oxygen gas generators and has a well-developed industrial sector.
- The market in Europe is estimated to expand at healthy pace during the forecast period. The region has well established hospitals, which are among the major consumers of oxygen gas generators.
- The market in Middle East & Africa and Latin America is likely to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Oxygen Gas Generator Market
Leading companies operating in the global oxygen gas generator market include:
- AirSep Corporation
- MULTITECH SALES & SERVICES.
- Oxymat A/S
- Atlas Copco (India) Ltd
- AIROX NIGEN EQUIPMENTS PVT. LTD.
- On Site Gas Systems
- Air Products and Chemicals, Inc.
Global Oxygen Gas Generator Market: Research Scope
Global Oxygen Gas Generator Market, by Type
Global Oxygen Gas Generator Market, by Technology
- Adsorption System
- Pressure Swing Adsorption (PSA) System
- Vacuum Swing Adsorption (VSA) System
- Cryogenic System
Global Oxygen Gas Generator Market, by Application
- Hospital Systems
- Waste/Water Treatment
- Glass Work/Blowing
- Fish Farming
- Others (including Smelting)
Global Oxygen Gas Generator Market, by End-use Industry
- Food & Beverages
- Others (Pharmaceuticals and Aquaculture)
Global Oxygen Gas Generator Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa