Global Oxygen Barrier Films and Coatings for Dry Food Market: Overview
Oxygen barrier films or coatings for dry food are used to protect the food from moisture and U.V. light. Additionally, they preserve the aroma of the food and maintains its freshness. Bakery products are expected to witness the highest growth in the global oxygen barrier films and coatings for dry food market as they are more prone to spoilage. This market holds immense potential as there is a drastic change in the eating habits, wherein consumers highly prefer packaged food.
Global Oxygen Barrier Films and Coatings for Dry Food Market: Notable Developments
Some of the recent developments that may favor the oxygen barrier films and coatings for dry food market are:
- Cosmo Films has developed a new solvent-free BOPP barrier packaging solution that can be used in numerous FMCG packaging applications. It offers a longer shelf life for the product and lessens wastage of packaging material. The biaxial orientation of the film prevents it from puncturing or tearing.
- Eco-friendly barrier coatings have been trending in the market on account of the increasing environmental concerns. Sierra Coating Technologies LLC has developed FDA-approved paper coatings that offer recyclability and repulpability.
- The introduction of nanotechnology in oxygen barrier coatings has highly boosted the growth of oxygen barrier films and coatings for dry food market. These coatings have anti-microbial properties and offer better protection of the product. Additionally, they can also detect biochemical changes in the food.
Some of the prominent players in the global oxygen barrier films and coatings for dry food market comprise American Pouch, Honeywell, Dupont Teijin Films, Bemis, and Amcor.
Global Oxygen Barrier Films and Coatings for Dry Food Market: Key Growth Dynamics
In recent times, there has been a rise in awareness with regards to product wrapping and food safety standards. Consequently, there is a rise in need for sustainable packaging solutions that ensure food safety. This has highly boosted growth of the oxygen barrier films and coatings for dry food market. This awareness stems from various food safety measures taken by governments and regulations laid down by several regulatory bodies.
The booming food industry has also played a key role in driving the growth of oxygen barrier films and coatings for dry food market. Rise in food industry has resulted in an increase in transportation of food items. It demands quality oxygen barrier coatings in order to maintain the quality and freshness of food during transportation, thereby propelling the market’s growth. In addition to this, high disposable incomes and impulsive buying are also expected to usher the oxygen barrier films and coatings for dry food market’s growth.
Moreover, ease in carrying and stocking, and cost advantages have also facilitated the expansion of global oxygen barrier films and coatings for dry food market. Additionally, greater adoption moisture-resistant pouches and bags has expedited the market’s growth. Numerous manufacturers are working on increasing the production of oxygen barrier coatings to keep up with the rising demand.
Global Oxygen Barrier Films and Coatings for Dry Food Market: Regional Outlook
Asia Pacific is expected to dominate the global oxygen barrier films and coatings for dry food market. This is owing to an increase in number of people purchasing packaged food. Rapid urbanization and increasing disposable incomes have also contributed to the growth in this region. North America is expected to grow steadily during the forecast period on account of a strong presence of prominent manufacturers. Favorable environmental regulations have also led to an expansion of the market in this region.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.