Overprint Varnish Market: Introduction
- A varnish is a crystal-clear ink applied as a coating onto a printed piece. In order to prevent and protect the printed piece from moisture, abrasion, and any other possible source of damage, overprint varnish is applied either on press or as a part of the finishing process.
- Overprint varnishes are categorized as high solids, water-based, solvent-free, and UV-?ur?bl?. Key properties of overprint varnishes are stain resistance, shine enrichment, burnish or scuff-resistance, edge fusion resistance, and resistance to discoloration caused by environmental factors.
- An overprint varnish provides glossy texture to the surface on which it is applied; protects the printed surface; and offers excellent abrasion resistance. It dries and settles easily and quickly. Key benefits offered by overprint varnishes such as ink adhesion , heat seal lidding, water resistance, printability, and low odor are increasing the adoption of these varnishes among users.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Overprint Varnish Market
- Favorable government policies regarding overprint varnish and ongoing industrialization across the world are anticipated to be major drivers of the global overprint varnish market in the next few years
- Technological advancements in overprint varnishes and availability of a wide variety of eco-friendly overprint varnishes in the marketplace are other factors driving the global market for overprint varnishes. Increasing demand for commercial prints that are being used in printing of labels for commercial use in supermarkets, hospitals, and strip malls is projected to drive the global overprint varnish market during the forecast period.
- Use of advanced technologies in the global manufacturing sector for printing labels with water resistance, rub resistance, and durability is anticipated to drive the global overprint varnish market further during the forecast period
- Properties such as clear coat, quick-drying, high gloss, and resistance to alcohol are allowing overprint varnishes to penetrate the printed cartons industry. These cartons are used for cosmetic boxes, magazines, catalogs, book covers, greeting cards, etc. With evolution of the digital printing industry, a variety of primer and overprint varnish solutions are being designed for specific digital printing applications. This is projected to drive the global overprint varnish market during the forecast period. The increasing cost of installation of heavy tools for excavation and sluggish implementation of regulations on the use of overprint varnishes are some of the factors that can act as restraints of the global overprint varnish market.
Significant Growth Potential in Food and Pharmaceutical Industries
- Based on end-use industry, the global overprint varnish market can be divided into: food, pharmaceutical, commercial printings (including digital printing, packing printing, and industrial printing) and others (including transportation and building & construction)
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Asia Pacific to Dominate Global Overprint Varnish Market
- In terms of region, the global overprint varnish market can be segregated into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. Asia Pacific and North America are expected to be key regions of the global overprint varnish market between 2019 and 2027. Asia Pacific is anticipated to be the most rapidly expanding market for overprint varnish in the next few years, owing to rising urbanization as well as industrialization in the region.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global overprint varnish market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Van Son Ink Corporation
- Zeller+Gmelin Group
- Toyo Ink
- Huber Group
- Eston Chimica
- Anwin Technology Co. Ltd.
- American Offset Printing Ink
- As Inc. Co. Ltd.
- Superior Printing Inks
- JPT Corporation
- Imperial Ink Private Limited
Global Overprint Varnish Market: Research Scope
Global Overprint Varnish Market, by Type
Global Overprint Varnish Market, by End-use
- Industrial Printing
Global Overprint Varnish Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.