Overprint Varnish Market: Introduction
- A varnish is a crystal-clear ink applied as a coating onto a printed piece. In order to prevent and protect the printed piece from moisture, abrasion, and any other possible source of damage, overprint varnish is applied either on press or as a part of the finishing process.
- Overprint varnishes are categorized as high solids, water-based, solvent-free, and UV-?ur?bl?. Key properties of overprint varnishes are stain resistance, shine enrichment, burnish or scuff-resistance, edge fusion resistance, and resistance to discoloration caused by environmental factors.
- An overprint varnish provides glossy texture to the surface on which it is applied; protects the printed surface; and offers excellent abrasion resistance. It dries and settles easily and quickly. Key benefits offered by overprint varnishes such as ink adhesion , heat seal lidding, water resistance, printability, and low odor are increasing the adoption of these varnishes among users.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Overprint Varnish Market
- Favorable government policies regarding overprint varnish and ongoing industrialization across the world are anticipated to be major drivers of the global overprint varnish market in the next few years
- Technological advancements in overprint varnishes and availability of a wide variety of eco-friendly overprint varnishes in the marketplace are other factors driving the global market for overprint varnishes. Increasing demand for commercial prints that are being used in printing of labels for commercial use in supermarkets, hospitals, and strip malls is projected to drive the global overprint varnish market during the forecast period.
- Use of advanced technologies in the global manufacturing sector for printing labels with water resistance, rub resistance, and durability is anticipated to drive the global overprint varnish market further during the forecast period
- Properties such as clear coat, quick-drying, high gloss, and resistance to alcohol are allowing overprint varnishes to penetrate the printed cartons industry. These cartons are used for cosmetic boxes, magazines, catalogs, book covers, greeting cards, etc. With evolution of the digital printing industry, a variety of primer and overprint varnish solutions are being designed for specific digital printing applications. This is projected to drive the global overprint varnish market during the forecast period. The increasing cost of installation of heavy tools for excavation and sluggish implementation of regulations on the use of overprint varnishes are some of the factors that can act as restraints of the global overprint varnish market.
Significant Growth Potential in Food and Pharmaceutical Industries
- Based on end-use industry, the global overprint varnish market can be divided into: food, pharmaceutical, commercial printings (including digital printing, packing printing, and industrial printing) and others (including transportation and building & construction)
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Asia Pacific to Dominate Global Overprint Varnish Market
- In terms of region, the global overprint varnish market can be segregated into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. Asia Pacific and North America are expected to be key regions of the global overprint varnish market between 2019 and 2027. Asia Pacific is anticipated to be the most rapidly expanding market for overprint varnish in the next few years, owing to rising urbanization as well as industrialization in the region.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global overprint varnish market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Van Son Ink Corporation
- Zeller+Gmelin Group
- Toyo Ink
- Huber Group
- Eston Chimica
- Anwin Technology Co. Ltd.
- American Offset Printing Ink
- As Inc. Co. Ltd.
- Superior Printing Inks
- JPT Corporation
- Imperial Ink Private Limited
Global Overprint Varnish Market: Research Scope
Global Overprint Varnish Market, by Type
Global Overprint Varnish Market, by End-use
- Industrial Printing
Global Overprint Varnish Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.