Ouzo Market - Overview
Ouzo is a dry anise-enhanced aperitif that is generally devoured in Greece and Cyprus. It is produced using redressed spirits that have gone through an interaction of refining and seasoning. Its taste is like other anise alcohols like arak, raki, pastis and sambuca. Ouzo market is relied upon to observe huge development in the coming a long time across the globe, inferable from expanding mindfulness among millennial combined with interest among people to attempt new things. Expanding the travel industry in Greece and Cyprus is additionally expected to fuel the development of Ouzo market over the gauge time frame as sightseers foster the preference for territorial beverages.
Ouzo is a cocktail which is a dry anise seasoned aperitif local to Greece, Cyprus and Lebanon. The flavor of ouzo is like other anise alcohols like pastis and Sambuca. Ouzo is an old beverage with secured assignment of beginning, forbidding other European producers to utilize the name aside from Greece and Cyprus. Ouzo is additionally said to have some medical advantages whenever burned-through in sensible extents. It very well may be utilized as a germ-free and can likewise fix cerebral pains and influenza. During the summers, ouzo is more mainstream and presented with food, as it helps in upgrading the hunger. Greeks additionally utilized ouzo in numerous dishes to add anise flavor to food varieties, for example, ocean bottom marinades, treats and so on Ouzo is set up by utilizing the side-effects of grapes after they have been utilized for readiness of wine.
Ouzo is an alcoholic drink which is a dry anise flavored aperitif native to Greece, Cyprus and Lebanon. The taste of ouzo is similar to other anise liquors such as pastis and Sambuca. Ouzo is an ancient drink with protected designation of origin, prohibiting other European manufacturers to use the name except Greece and Cyprus. Ouzo is also said to have some health benefits if consumed in reasonable proportions. It can be used as an antiseptic and can also cure headaches and flu. Ouzo is more popular in summers and served with food, as it helps in enhancing the appetite. Greeks also used ouzo in many dishes in order to add anise flavor to foods such as sea food marinades, cookies etc. Ouzo is prepared by using the by-products of grapes after they have been used for preparation of wine.
Ouzo market is expected to increase with significant CAGR over the forecast period across the globe, owing to increasing awareness among millennial coupled with curiosity among individuals to try new things. Increasing tourism in Greece and Cyprus is also expected to fuel the growth of Ouzo market over the forecast period as tourists develop the taste for regional drinks.
Ouzo Market: Segmentation
Ouzo market can be segmented on the basis of product type, sales channel and region.
On the basis of product type, ouzo market can be segmented into combined, cooked and combined, distilled, and cooked & distilled. In combined type, ingredients are simply combined. These ouzos have very sharp flavor and a strong, biting taste. Cooked and combined type ouzos include cooked ingredients before bottling. Distilled and cooked and distilled types are the most prominent segments and are expected to increase the revenue from ouzo market over the forecast period.
On the basis of sales channel, ouzo market can be segmented into direct and retail sales. Direct sales includes HoReCa, institutional sales etc. Retail sales is further segmented into modern trade, bars/pubs, specialty stores, online retail, and other retailing formats.
On the basis of region, ouzo market can be segmented into five key regions: North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Middle East and Africa.
Ouzo market: Drivers, Restraints, and Trends
Increasing tourism in Greece and Cyprus is expected to boost the sales of ouzo market over the forecast period. Increasing number of individuals consuming alcoholic drinks across the globe, owing to perception that it relaxes state of mind. Changing lifestyles, influence of social media and Internet, and increasing social parties & celebrations is also expected to increase the sales of alcohol across the globe. Adolescents with high social network influence, greater family incomes, and others have easier access to alcoholic drinks and are likely to consume more alcohol. These factors are expected to increase the revenue generated by ouzo market across the globe.
Low shelf presence of ouzo across the globe except Greece and Cyprus is expected to impede the growth of ouzo market over the forecast period. Low product penetration is also expected to hinder the growth of ouzo market. Regulations on advertisements of alcoholic drinks is also factor that has left void in ouzo market sales and hence hampering the sales across the globe.
Drinks with different flavors are trending across the globe and is expected to continue over the forecast period, as individuals are inclined towards trying new flavors.
Ouzo Market: Regional Outlook
Depending on the geographic regions, global ouzo market is segmented into five key regions: North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Middle East and Africa.
In terms of consumption, Europe holds the largest share of ouzo market. Greece and Cyprus dominates the global market in terms of consumption and is expected to continue the trend over the forecast period.
North America ouzo market is expected to increase with significant CAGR over the forecast period, owing to increasing demand for variety of alcoholic drinks among millennial. The Middle East and Africa ouzo market is also expected to have a moderate growth over the forecast period as disposable income is increasing in the region. Asia pacific ouzo market is expected to increase with relatively lower CAGR over the forecast period.
Ouzo Market: Key Players
Some of the prominent manufacturers of Ouzo are Ouzo Barbayanni, Ouzo of Plomari Isidoros Arvanitis, Thomopoulos Distillery, Gruppo Campari, Pitsiladi distillates, Pernod Ricard, and others.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.