Outdoor Fabric Market: Introduction
Outdoor fabrics are manufactured by various synthetic fibers, polyester, rubber, olefin, and various types of cotton. Outdoor fabrics have various properties to withstand different conditions because they are exposed to several elements such as rain, moisture, mold, rust, warping, and, UV rays. Outdoor fabrics are textile materials that are used in various sectors such as chemicals, healthcare, automotive & transportation, outdoor furniture, marine, fire protection, defense, and household. In terms of type, outdoor fabrics can be classified as home and contract fabrics, apparel fabrics, accessories and equipment fabrics, medical fabrics, industrial fabrics, and specialty fabrics.
Key Drivers of the Outdoor Fabric Market
- Rise in demand for outdoor fabrics can be attributed to an increase in demand for specialty apparel and accessories such as sportswear, as the fabrics used in these apparel are lightweight, waterproof, wind-resistant, abrasion-resistant, and provide protection against ultraviolet rays.
- Rise in interest among individuals in outdoor furniture is fueling the demand for outdoor fabrics such as solar screen fabrics and home furnishing fabrics. Fabrics used in these sectors are acrylic fabrics and olefin fabrics, which have the property to resist mold, water, and mildew, and can withstand rubbing and tearing.
- Rapid advances in technology witnessed in the medical sector has provided ample opportunities to key manufacturers to market their products, such as gowns, bedsheets, and other garments, across the globe. Huge demand for masks and PPEs due to the COVID-19 pandemic has also fueled the global outdoor fabric market.
- Textilene fabric made of PVC-coated polyester is designed to reduce heat transfer, reduce the glare and harmful UV rays, and is also Flame resistant and fade resistant. These fabrics are used in the defense and fire protection industry for making protective clothing such as firefighter clothing, bomb disposal crew clothing, insulation panels, seat, and other defense equipment. Government regulations regarding the safety of employees at the workplace are the driving the demand for outdoor fabric in the global market.
Restraints of Global Outdoor Fabric Market
- Restrictions of movement and stringent government guidelines due to COVID-19 pandemic hamper the outdoor fabric market
- Volatility in costs of raw materials is a major restraint of the outdoor fabric market
- Harmful chemicals added to these fabrics, which can harm the individual health and cause skin irritation, are expected to hinder the market
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Outdoor Fabric Market
- North America holds a major share of the global outdoor fabric owing to technological advancement and high investment in the region. Expansion of marine and auto industries is also a key factor further fueling the market in North America.
- The market in Asia Pacific is estimated to expand at a higher growth rate in the next few years due to a rise in urbanization and an increase in the demand for outdoor furniture and change in the lifestyle of individuals in the region
- The textile sector in Europe witnessed a decline in production because of globalization of the economy and the migration of Europe-based organizations outside Europe. However, some of the key players present in this region are focusing more on innovation and environmentally friendly fabrics, which is projected to fuel the market in the next few years.
Key Manufacturers of Outdoor Fabric:
- 3M Company
- Eastex Products, Inc.
- Gary Manufacturing, Inc
- Jason Mills, LLC
- Low & Bonar PLC
- Maine-Lee Technology Group
- Revolution Fabrics
- Saint Gobain S.A.
- Sattler USA
Key manufacturers of the outdoor fabric market are focusing on innovations and development of the fabric which can withstand extreme wear and tear and to make the fabric more strong. Key players are also focusing on recycled fabrics to make environmentally friendly products. The major strategy of key players is to expand their business across the globe through various joint ventures, new investments, and acquisitions.
Global Outdoor Fabric Market: Research Scope
Global Outdoor Fabric Market, by Product Type
- Home and Contract Textiles
- Solar Screen Fabric
- Outdoor Furniture Fabric
- Home Furnishing Fabric
- Specialty Fabric
- Apparel Fabrics
- Sports Wear
- Active Wear
- Accessories and Equipment Fabrics
- Others (Body Bags, etc.)
- Medical Fabrics
- Others (Medical Garments, etc.)
- Industrial fabrics
- Specialty Fabrics
- Transport Mesh
- Horse Rug Mesh
- Pool Fence Mesh
- Hurricane Protection
- Shoe Application
- Others (Car Covers, Boat Covers, etc.)
Global Outdoor Fabric Market, by Fabric Type
- Polymer Coated Fabrics
- Fire Resistant
- Smart Textiles
- Weather Resistant
- Others (UV Protection, etc.)
Global Outdoor Fabric Market, by Raw Material
- Others (Rayon, etc.)
Global Outdoor Fabric Market, by Price
Global Outdoor Fabric Market, by Usability
- Single Use
- Multiple Use
Global Outdoor Fabric Market, by Industry Vertical
- Automotive & Transportation
- Fire Protection Production
- Others (Hospitality, etc.)
Global Outdoor Fabric Market, by Distribution channel
- Direct Sales
- Indirect Sales
Global Outdoor fabric Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
This upcoming business intelligence report is intended to be a one-stop market research solution to guide organizations in taking timely and effective decisions for their business growth. The ongoing study is the culmination of our deep expertise on data science methods, combined with an unparalleled understanding of the external environment and analysis of the industries. Each of the reports by TMR aims at offering a detailed scrutiny of the value chain of our current and prospective customers, takes them from identifying value propositions, and subsequently assist their business executives to implement right strategies to create customer value. We believe that creating and sustaining the customer value is the key pivot on which business executives can create profits for their organizations and increase the market shares, continuously and with sustainability.
Each of our touchpoints through which we engage with the organization/enterprise during the primary research enables us to understand the internal environment it operates in and the ways in which the external environment influences its growth.
Always Evolving with Competition
Excellence is built into the DNA of TMR, and all our teams work collaboratively and committedly toward achieving that in whatever they do. From the very first interaction our teams of research analysts have with any interested market participant to the final preparation processes in each of our reports reflects a rigorous understanding of the dynamic industry environment that businesses operate in.
We relentlessly work to be a differentiator in whatever we do in the current era of hypercompetitive global environment. The result of our unceasing focus on excellence is reflected clearly in the insights and guidance we offer to our customers in order to empower them to create brand equity. Our simple yet very powerful underpinning for navigating the competition is to always keep evolving with changing business environments. Our close-kinit team of research analysts not only believe in this simple philosophy but also implement the same.
Constantly Innovating Our Research Methodologies and Models
We do not limit with any specific market research tool or one standard approach for obtaining or analyzing data. Undoubtedly, our report making process is ever-evolving to meet the customer needs and demands supported broadly by a vast knowledge of data science methods that we combine with business acumen our teams have built upon for several years. Evidently, our primary and secondary research data about customers and consumers have shown that we can go to any lengths to obtain them. This is followed by applying next-gen automation tools integrated with human judgement to clear the clutter, ascertain the most relevant and recent qualitative and quantitative insights, and package them in digestible chunks in our reports for our customers.
We Take Pride in No-One-Size-Fits-All Approach
Over the past several years, we have been conducting market intelligence studies across all industries for all types of organizations — big and small, profit and not-for-profit, and Fortune 500 and Unicorns, as we believe that a sound decision making must be based on no-one-size-fits-all approach. Without doubt, each of the organizations regardless of the industry they are in are affected differently by changes in political, economic, socio-culture, legal, ecological, and legal environments. The research models and the value chain analysis process that our analysts employ for conducting the study uphold this approach.
We look at myriad components of internal and external business environment affecting the growth strategies of organizations. Some of the broader aspects that we focus on are:
- Our team of Analysts and Support Teams always strive to see the bigger picture in life cycle stages of any industry
- The Teams focus on obtaining valuable insights into different models of competitive advantage while making an internal environment analysis
- They keep on modifying the value chain analysis processes of organizations to understand on how customer value is created
Some areas of assessing market dynamics that are used in the research models and methodologies adopted by our analysts can be summarized as:
- Corporate and business strategies underlying new brand positioning strategies
- Mapping for strategic planning for business units
- Various metrics for business portfolio analysis, including BCG matrix
- Value chain analysis
These will help create and sustain competitive advantage for our prospects and current customers.
Key focus areas and agenda that underpin and catalyze our primary and secondary research initiatives and endeavors are:
- What are some of the core competencies and distinctive competencies of new entrants and established players in the industry we are analyzing?
- What are some of the branding opportunities that are emerging at a rapid pace?
- What are the major competitive forces and elements of external environment shaping the industry life cycle stages of most organizations?
- Why some competitive strategies are popular than others among leaders in a certain market?
- What customer-based brand equity strategies companies have leveraged in a certain industry or set of related industries in a sector?
- What are some of the key pricing strategies that companies in an industry are implementing for marketing their products internationally?
- Identifying whether market-push or market-pull strategies are more relevant to a certain product or a service?
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.