Outdoor Cushions Market - Snapshot
Outdoor entertaining and furniture have changed over the years. Things have evolved from a simple chair and dining table to create an entire “outdoor room”. The industry of outdoor furniture has gained more creativity with materials, construction, and finishing work. This enables the outdoor furniture to really tolerate everything that the outdoor environment throws at them. From the harsh rays of the sun to heavy downpour and occasional spills of ketchup and sauces – nothing seems to be a problem for the most of the outdoor furniture of today’s world.
Outdoor cushions enable one to customize the comfort, look of one’s outdoor seating arrangements, and create an entirely new atmosphere with various colors and patterns. Most of the outdoor cushions come with washable and removable covers. As such, the garden chair cushions or balcony can be freshened as and when needed.
Some of the different types of outdoor cushion fabrics are mentioned as below
- Compressed Polyester
- Cotton Canvas
- Polyurethane Foam
- Open Cell Foam
- Polyester Fiberfill
Not all of the outdoor cushions are made equal, however there is a need for an extensive variety of cushion core designs, which is likely to hold up well in the outside weather. Each of the type offers a different level of comfort.
Global Outdoor Cushions Market
- Cushions are available in various shapes and are made of different materials with the objective of providing comfort when lying down or sitting. Cushions are used for both indoor and outdoor activities. Cushions for outdoor use must be made of good quality material as they have to withstand the harsh environment.
Global Outdoor Cushions Market: Dynamics
Rise in participation in outdoor recreation activities in the U.S. and U.K.
According to Outdoor Industry Association the U.S., outdoor participation rate among the U.S. population increased from 48.8% in 2016 to 49.0% in 2017 (based on those who have participated in an outdoor activity at least once in 2017). The number of U.S. citizens aged above six years who participated in outdoor activities was 146.1 million in 2017. As per Sports England, the number of active people in the U.K. was 43.7 million in 2017 where active outdoor population held a share of 27.6% or 8.96 million in 2017. Thus, outdoor participation rate is increasing in the U.S., U.K, and other developed countries which is increasing the demand for outdoor equipment, which subsequently increases the sale of outdoor cushion products across North America and Europe.
Rise in global travel & tourism market
As per the World Travel & Tourism Council (WTTC), the global travel & tourism market is one of the largest in the world and generates approximately 10.4% of global GDP or 1 in 10 jobs in 2018. As per WTTC, 78.5% of global travel and tourism revenue is generated from leisure activities. Revenue generated from leisure spending is expected to grow by 3.9% to reach US$ 4,646.6 Billion in 2019 and is expected to rise by a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 3.9% till 2029 to reach US$ 6,780.7 Billion in 2029. Thus, rise in travel & tourism spending is increasing the demand for outdoor equipment, which subsequently drives the sale of outdoor cushion products across the globe.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Outdoor Cushions Market: Regional
Asia Pacific to Hold Prominent Share of the Global Outdoor Cushions market
- Based on geography, the global outdoor cushions market can be divided into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- The market in North America is broken down and analyzed at country-level, which includes the U.S., Canada, and Rest of North America. Similarly, the outdoor cushions market in Europe can be divided into country level to include Germany, France, the U.K., and Rest of Europe. The outdoor cushions market in Asia Pacific includes China, India, Japan, and Rest of Asia Pacific. The analysis of the outdoor cushions market in Middle East & Africa includes GCC countries, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa. The outdoor cushions market in South America can be bifurcated into Brazil and Rest of South America.
- The market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period
Global Outdoor Cushions Market: Competition Landscape
The global outdoor cushions market consists of a large number of global players operating in more than one region. Competition is intense among global and regional players operating in the outdoor cushions market. A few key players operating in the market are:
- Mountain Safety Research (MSR)
- Sierra Designs
- Marmot Mountain LLC
- Naturehike Inc.
- Pillow Perfect, Inc.
- Blazing Needles, L.P.
- Memo's International Development, LLC
- Cushion Source
- Eddie Bauer, LLC
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Outdoor Cushions Market, ask for a customized report
Global Outdoor Cushions Market: Segmentation
The global outdoor cushions market can be segmented based on:
- Distribution Channel
Global Outdoor Cushions Market, by Type
- Inflatable Cushion
- EVA Foam Cushion
Global Outdoor Cushions Market, by Material
- Polyester Fiber
- Multi Layered Polyester Fibers
Global Outdoor Cushions Market, by Distribution Channel
The report on the global outdoor cushions market is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by market analysts, and inputs from market experts and market participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market macroeconomic indicators, trends, and governing factors along with market attractiveness of each segment. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on segments of the global outdoor cushions market across regions.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.