Out-of-autoclave Aerospace Composites Market: Introduction
- Out-of-autoclave (OOA) composite production is an alternate to conventional high pressure autoclave curing process primarily utilized by aircraft manufacturers to manufacture composite material. OOA is a process that produces the same quality product as autoclave; however, through a different manufacturing process. OOA curing achieves the desired fiber content as well as elimination of voids by placing layup within closed mold and applying pressure, vacuum, and heat. Different out-of-autoclave aerospace composite technologies include Same Qualified Resin Transfer Molding (SQRTM), resin transfer molding (RTM), balanced pressure fluid molding, and vacuum-assisted resin transfer molding (VARTM).
- OOA technology is a cost-effective way to manufacture different parts in the aerospace industry. OOA technology offers advantages such as co-molding of skin, spars and stiffeners, which leads to reduction in process cycle and increased production.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Key Drivers of Out-of-autoclave Aerospace Composites Market
- Demand for out-of-autoclave aerospace composites is increasing in the aerospace industry for the production of commercial aircraft, military aircraft, and private aircraft. This, in turn, is projected to drive the global out-of-autoclave aerospace composites market in the near future.
- Expansion of the aerospace industry across various developed as well as developing countries is expected to fuel the demand for out-of-autoclave aerospace composites. This is another factor that is projected to drive the global out-of-autoclave aerospace composites market during the forecast period.
- Adoption of out-of-autoclave aerospace composites is increasing rapidly in the defense sector as it they possess superior quality and are cost-effective. Increase in investments in the defense sector in developing countries is another factor driving the global out-of-autoclave aerospace composites market. Furthermore, demand for out-of-autoclave aerospace composites is increasing from different end-use sectors such as spacecraft and UAV. This is attributed to various properties offered by out-of-autoclave composites such as significant resistance to impact and damage.
- Demand for out-of-autoclave aerospace composites is also rising in the aerospace & spacecraft industry across the globe. In the spacecraft industry, out-of-autoclave aerospace composites are majorly utilized in antennas, solar arrays, and dimensionally stable structures.
- Rising demand for out-of-autoclave aerospace composites in UAVs for wing, radome, fuselage, and control surfaces is another major factor that is expected to drive the global market in the near future
Rise in Demand for Out-of-autoclave Aerospace Composites-based Products in Aerospace and Defense Industry
- Based on matrix type, the global out-of-autoclave aerospace composites market can be divided into epoxy, polyimide, cyanate ester, and bismaleimide. The epoxy segment is expected to account for a significant share of the market, in terms of revenue, during the forecast period. This is attributed to very low moisture uptake and high temperature performance characteristics offered by epoxy-based out-of-autoclave aerospace composites.
- Based on application, the global out-of-autoclave aerospace composites market can be classified into commercial aircraft, military aircraft, general aviation, and spacecraft & UAV. In terms of revenue, the commercial aircraft segment is likely to hold a major share of the global market, owing to the rising demand for out-of-autoclave aerospace composites-based material for manufacturing various components in commercial aircraft.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Asia Pacific to be Key Market for Out-of-autoclave Aerospace Composites
- In terms of region, the global out-of-autoclave aerospace composites market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Europe is projected to account for a significant share, in terms of revenue, of the global out-of-autoclave aerospace composites market during the forecast period. This is attributed to a rise in the demand for out-of-autoclave aerospace composites from commercial and military aircraft industries across countries in Europe. Additionally, rapid expansion of military and aerospace industry in countries in the region is also expected to drive the out-of-autoclave aerospace composites market in Europe.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Market
- Key manufacturers are consistently focusing on the development of advanced out-of-autoclave aerospace composites, with an objective to expand their reach, improve product offerings, and gain competitive edge in the market
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
- GMS COMPOSITES
- Gurit Holding AG
- Hexcel Corporation
- Koninklijke Ten Cate NV
- Renegade Materials Corporation
- Toray TCAC Holding B.V.
Global Out-of-autoclave Aerospace Composites Market: Research Scope
Global Out-of-autoclave Aerospace Composites Market, by Material Type
Global Out-of-autoclave Aerospace Composites Market, by Fiber Type
- Carbon Fiber
- Other Fiber
Global Out-of-autoclave Aerospace Composites Market, by Matrix Type
- Cyanate Ester
Global Out-of-autoclave Aerospace Composites Market, by Application
- Commercial Aircraft
- Military Aircraft
- General Aviation
- Spacecraft & UAV
Global Out-of-autoclave Aerospace Composites Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.