Organic waste contains materials that originate from living organisms (human beings and plants). It is biodegradable. Organic waste is usually broken down by other organisms over time and may also be referred to as wet waste. It is usually made up of vegetable and fruit debris, paper, bones, and human waste. It disintegrates quickly. Organic waste is bio-degradable and is treated using various methods and technologies.
Increase in population is one of the major factors propelling the organic waste market. Furthermore, rapid industrialization and urbanization has also led to generation of large amount of organic waste. This is also augmenting the organic waste market. However, toxicity and possible health hazards pertaining to the organic waste is a key factor hampering the organic waste market.
Based on source, the organic waste market can be segmented into plants, animals, and human beings.
In terms of type, the organic waste market can be divided into garden wastes, kitchen debris, cooked foods, paper products, human wastes, and others.
Based on end-use generator, the organic waste market can be segregated into municipal, industrial, agriculture, waste waters, and others. On terms of volume, the industrial segment accounted for the maximum share of the organic waste market in 2017. Industrial wastes includes municipal solid waste such as food, paper, wood, sewage sludge, and yard waste.
In terms of application, the organic waste market can be classified into production of biogas, production of fertilizers and manures, fish farming, and others. In terms of volume, the production of fertilizers and manures segment holds large share of the organic waste market.
Based on treatment technology, the organic waste market can be segmented into organic waste methanation, landfill rehabilitation, landfill gas to energy landfill, organic waste composting, incineration, and others.
In terms of geography, the organic waste market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. Asia Pacific accounts for the major share of the organic waste market owing to the presence of a vast industrial base, which generates significant amount of organic waste.
Key players operating in the organic waste market include Advanced Disposable Services Inc., Andritz Ag, Biancamano S.P.A, Biffa Group Limited, Clean Harbors Inc., Cleanaway Waste Management Limited, Covanta Holding Corporation, E.O.M.S. Recycling Inc., Eco Food Recycling, Stericycle Inc., Veolia Environment, Waste Connections Inc., Waste Management Inc., Quest Resource Management Group Llc, Refood Gmbh & Co. Kg, and Remondis Se & Co. Kg.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.